news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 02-05-2008, 06:10 PM   #1381
MR HIP HOP HEAD
Veteran Member

MR HIP HOP HEAD crouching tigerMR HIP HOP HEAD crouching tiger

Quote:
Miami Heat In Serious Talks To Trade Shaq

The Heat has told center Shaquille O'Neal's representation that it is talking about trading him and he should be prepared for the possibility of a deal, according to two officials close to the situation. Phoenix has discussed sending forward Shawn Marion and point guard Marcus Banks to the Heat in return for O'Neal.

Asked for confirmation, one of O'Neal's representatives said O'Neal has been made aware that discussions with Phoenix are serious and ongoing, but that a deal was not definite.

Dallas also has been mentioned as a potential destination, though the Heat had not immediately informed O'Neal of that possibility.

O'Neal, 35, was shocked by the turn of events, an associate said. O'Neal helped lead the Heat to the 2005-06 championship, but Miami has struggled since, losing in the first round of the playoffs last season and opening this season with a league-worst 9-37 record.

After this season, Marion can opt out of the last year of his contract worth $17.1 million. If Marion opts out, trading O'Neal would give the Heat substantial salary cap space this offseason, when potential free agents include Gilbert Arenas, Baron Davis, Elton Brand, Antawn Jamison, Ron Artest and Corey Maggette.

Marion, 29, is a four-time All-Star and considered one of the NBA's most athletic small forwards. Marion, 6-7, is averaging 15.8 points and 9.9 rebounds.

Banks, 26, is averaging 5.2 points and 1.0 assists. After this season, he has three years left on his contract worth a total of $13.4 million.

O'Neal, who has been out with a hip injury, has two years left on his contract after this season. He will be paid $20 million each of the next two seasons.

On Tuesday, coach Pat Riley said O'Neal was scheduled to have a magnetic resonance imaging exam on his ailing left hip, which has kept him out the past six games.

''We just want to back it up and see, after two weeks, what it shows,'' Riley said.

Riley gave no indication as to when O'Neal would return to the lineup. Riley said O'Neal must strengthen his legs before returning to action, and that the center will be one of six players to miss Wednesday's game at Detroit.

Heat officials were on their way to Detroit and could not be reached for comment.
http://www.miamiherald.com/594/story/407442.html
MR HIP HOP HEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 07:25 PM   #1382
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

Alot of teams out West could use him. I don't think they are going to get a whole lot but he could help a contender out for sure.
Olive Oil Goombah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:16 PM   #1383
whitey
Wu Vatican

whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

if im the suns i say make the trade. they gave it a shot with the same lineup for the past 3/4 years. it just isnt going to work come playoff time against a team with bigs that plays half court slow down game.

imagine nash driving the lane and having shaq and amare on his flanks to just smash home dunks. than you drop it down to shaq have everyone collapes on him and he kicks it out to one of the suns 35938493583 3 point shooters.

not to mention hes probably on some randy moss shit right now. best wide out in the game, people were calling him washed up, got nothing left when he was a raider. gets out of there and sets the record for touchdown passes. clearly shaq is past his prime but i think the thought of bitch slapping kobes ass right when the lakers are finally looking up will be a big selling point to shaq. not to mention he probably wants to get the fuck away from his wife who is divorcing him.
The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.
whitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:04 PM   #1384
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey View Post
if im the suns i say make the trade. they gave it a shot with the same lineup for the past 3/4 years. it just isnt going to work come playoff time against a team with bigs that plays half court slow down game.

imagine nash driving the lane and having shaq and amare on his flanks to just smash home dunks. than you drop it down to shaq have everyone collapes on him and he kicks it out to one of the suns 35938493583 3 point shooters.

not to mention hes probably on some randy moss shit right now. best wide out in the game, people were calling him washed up, got nothing left when he was a raider. gets out of there and sets the record for touchdown passes. clearly shaq is past his prime but i think the thought of bitch slapping kobes ass right when the lakers are finally looking up will be a big selling point to shaq. not to mention he probably wants to get the fuck away from his wife who is divorcing him.
The Suns may be wise to make this move, cuz they need the size to match up w/ LA and SA.....This would help them out for a year or two....BUT, they are losing alot giving up Marion. Banks they can afford.

Shaq will probably flourish in Phoenix tho, if he still has anything left. He def. hasnt been good this year.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:13 PM   #1385
check two
N.I.

check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Maybe a more fair trade for Shaq would be trading Marcus Banks and somebody besides Marion, like Sean Marks.

I remember a season or two ago, Boris Diaw of the Suns was getting talked about a lot about being a vastly improved player. What happened to him lately?

check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:18 PM   #1386
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

That wouldnt be enough....The trade would be fair, and if the Suns dont plan on keeping Marion around, it makes sense...maybe. You never know. I dont even know if the Heat wants Marion or just wants cap room...probably just cap room.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:20 PM   #1387
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Anyone see the Cavs/Celtics game???

I love when Paul Pierce tries to match LeBron and always winds up getting embarassed and taking an L. He really hurts his team when he does that.

LBJ had another phenomenal game. If he doesn't get MVP this year, they are just hating on him for some reason because he is definitely the best player in the league.
Yea, Kobe this and Kobe that.....Kobe can't do what LeBron does.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:27 PM   #1388
check two
N.I.

check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I think Chris Paul might get it though.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:41 PM   #1389
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Nah, fuck that....That would be robbery. LeBrons been gettin snubbed for too long. Stats alone tell you he gets it. Then just watch him play.

Maybe i'm spoiled cuz I'm in Cleveland and see all of his games...but you really have to watch this guy on a nightly basis to see how much he truly dominates the game.
I never say this, and I'm telling you, he is better than Jordan...he does things Jordan couldnt do....He dominates everyone on the court.

If you wanna rank players solely by championships, then no one is better than Jordan, but I think there is more too it.
Im not saying he blows Jordan away, but he is doing things at alot younger age, and he has alot of ball left in him.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:50 PM   #1390
check two
N.I.

I think they also go by what type of impact the player has had on their team though. The Hornets were hardly even playing many home games for a couple seasons. They looked like they were about to be moved to a different city/state. They have like the lowest attendance in the NBA. Yet, they are one of the best teams right now, and better than the Cavs. The Cavs are about the 5th best team in the East.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:02 AM   #1391
check two
N.I.

Looks like the Shaq trade with the Suns is going to happen, as long as Shaq passes his physical.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:58 AM   #1392
SL33
Hungry Hyena From Medina

SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey View Post

co sign
SL33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:51 AM   #1393
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by check two View Post
I think they also go by what type of impact the player has had on their team though. The Hornets were hardly even playing many home games for a couple seasons. They looked like they were about to be moved to a different city/state. They have like the lowest attendance in the NBA. Yet, they are one of the best teams right now, and better than the Cavs. The Cavs are about the 5th best team in the East.
The Hornets didnt start playing this great until David West became a force. We'll see how they handle the playoffs and an injury or two. Cavs are 15-4 since Xmas. They had a bad start and went 0-7 er whatever when LBJ was out.

Im not hating on Paul, he is a great player, but if your telling me you'd take him over LeBron, i would think you were crazy.
Which is why he is the MVP this year.
All this talk about Kevin Garnett is garbage.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:38 PM   #1394
Dirty Knowledge
Banned

Dirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venoms

The Heat with The Matrix.. and a Lottery Pick (possibly a number 1)????

Watch out 08-09.
Dirty Knowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:50 PM   #1395
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

They may wind up dumping Marion tho for the cap room, cuz he is going to want alot of money and they may go after Baron, Arenas or someone else...They will be better, but I think they need alot more help.
They won the Championship cuz they had a young phenom, Shaq, and a bunch of great veterans on that team. Now they are all gone except Wade. They are building fromthe ground up...its going to take a few years.