news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 09-10-2005, 02:30 PM   #1
Biggbwoy
Intelligent King

Biggbwoy grasshopper
Default My Grouse against Hip Hop and Fuck some of these Wu Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Zayus
Musically at the very least, 2005 has (so far) beaten out every year since 2001 - maybe even that. There's been music for everyone's taste and we've got another 3 and a half months to go. Beanie Sigel & Common opened up the year fantastically with 2 incredible albums, Documentary was a breath of fresh air for Aftermath/Shady/G-Unit (here's hoping that Obie Trice, Busta & Eve follow it up anytime) as well. Sure, you had your disappointments but with 3 tight albums in 4 months, how can you possible complain? BCC came back hard with the Triple Threat series, all of which are (personally) sleeper hits. Prince Paul dropped TWO albums this year (unreleased + Itstrumental) both of which were bangers. Wu-Tang showed strong with the Math album & the Grandmasters (not yet mastered/released, but it's tight). The West finally made an attempt at new shit with Trauma (DJ Quik) and I've got high hopes for the Warren G album coming out soon. South had some quality shit (I won't get into it because I know most people here hate on the south) and then how can you forget Kanye? Miri Ben-Ari album rocks too. So you know.. what's the fucking problem? Can 2002-2004 really match up?
Man let me first start by saying that I have been a Wu fulltime since 1995 at the age of 15. For me that was when I started to really listen to Hip Hop/rap, because Wu introduced me to a different sound that had messages and was just innovative. Not to mention in a country where listening to hip hop (especially to the raw, gritty sound of the WU) especially back then in a country like Jamaica, which was considered blasphemy, selling out and just being down right mad for liking Wu.

I made the previous statement so that no one would dare to think that I am anti-Wu, I have just become against a lot of the Wu Fans over the last couple months. Why? Simple, Wu fan seem not to be able to think and explore beyond the box. Wu Fans hate dirty south, they hate every artist not sounding like Wu. The number one rule of hip hop, is that of styles, flows and variety. Now, I donít like every artiste that come out and say they an MC, but I know good music when I hear it.

Dirty south artiste have formulated a style of their own, I donít like songs about bling and all that shit, but there are a lot of good southern artiste out there. Outkast still be doing the damn thing, Goodie Mobb spoke the truth and David Banner got a kinda southern Wu side to him (Play Ė is like when ODB goes on a rant, I donít really like that song), Scarface is a phenom, Killah Mike got heat and even though Luda sometimes spits a lot of shit that nigga got wordplay for days. Then throughout the rest of the scope you got the Commons, Mos Defs, De La Souls, Doom, Danger Mouse, Papoose, Nas, Saigon, hell The Game was best to ever come out of that bull shit Gayunit (Gunit).

Basically, all Iím trying to say is that some of you Wu fans need to open your mind and your thinking. A lot of the Wu cats we listen draw inspiration from many artiste both old and new. A few years ago I was surprised to know that Raekwon was a big fan of Dr.Dre, but when you think about it , Dre and NWA started the whole gangsta rap culture and some of Wuís style is straight gangsta shit. Rza is a big fan of Snoop and his laid back style. Wu niggas listen to soul, R&B, classical and lots of shit that would surprise the hardest niggas. Nas was an invted member to the Clan, but he wanted to formulate his own identity, so he didnít join.

Looks niggas, open your minds and stop attacking everything, yeah Wu is one of the illest ever, but you got other niggas holding the fort. They may not always have that gritty sound, but thatís Wuís style, heck we might start complaining that niggas biting if they start sounding like the Wu again. Read the forum link below some good shit was expressed in it about the state of Hip Hop.

http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?...ng_type=search

You can also respond to me a selyah01@yahoo.com if you brave enough
Old 09-10-2005, 02:40 PM   #2
Biggbwoy
Intelligent King

Biggbwoy grasshopper
Default Re: My Grouse against Hip Hop and Fuck some of these Wu Fans

Yeah in short, some of you need to expand your minds. Your minds are too stagnant, grow up niggas (and white bwoys too).

This is a forum, speak up, let me hear your views. I'm not attacking, I'm simply venting how I feel about Hip Hop, The Wu and some of you Wu Fans, not to mention my local music Reggae/Dancehall, which is facing some of the same dilemmas.

Reggaton, I'm not a fan, but it's now part of someone's culture, how the fuck can some of you Wu fans attack someone else's culture, hell you don't hear me say Americans are stupid cause they eat so much fry food, that shit is tied to culture. Man I'm ranting now, come on niggas speak up
Speak up

Rass claat
Old 09-10-2005, 02:41 PM   #3
Bedlam
Making cream

Bedlam shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to Bedlam

Ok, i'm not sure why you put that quote at the top, it seemed to agree exactly with what your saying, so I dont know why you are going on a rant.

There are very few people here who don't like Common, Nas, Mos Def, MF Doom, Outkast, etc.

I'm just wondering why you took this time to rant? What comment made you decide to go off like this?
Old 09-10-2005, 02:48 PM   #4
Biggbwoy
Intelligent King

Biggbwoy grasshopper

The comments that made me go off like this is the replies to the original post by this dude and since I have returned to the Wu Forum, all I can see is Wu fans talking shit on and on about all sorts of crap. Like Wu the only ones that doing the damn thing or like Wu alone is real Hip Hop. Wu is my family for life, cause Wu's music saved my life and is my life.

Like I was saying niggas need to expnad their horizons and what's with the south hating, there is some good niggas in the south
Old 09-10-2005, 02:58 PM   #5
KBOS
emceeeees kick tha bucket

KBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkey

Quote:
Dirty south artiste have formulated a style of their own, I donít like songs about bling and all that shit, but there are a lot of good southern artiste out there. Outkast still be doing the damn thing, Goodie Mobb spoke the truth and David Banner got a kinda southern Wu side to him (Play Ė is like when ODB goes on a rant, I donít really like that song), Scarface is a phenom, Killah Mike got heat and even though Luda sometimes spits a lot of shit that nigga got wordplay for days. Then throughout the rest of the scope you got the Commons, Mos Defs, De La Souls, Doom, Danger Mouse, Papoose, Nas, Saigon, hell The Game was best to ever come out of that bull shit Gayunit (Gunit).
Thats true, and I agree with you 100%. But I think you got it all wrong, the dirty south stuff you see wu fans hate is shit like ying yang tiwns and mike jones and lil flip.
Old 09-10-2005, 03:05 PM   #6
Biggbwoy
Intelligent King

Biggbwoy grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBOS
Thats true, and I agree with you 100%. But I think you got it all wrong, the dirty south stuff you see wu fans hate is shit like ying yang tiwns and mike jones and lil flip.
If that's the shit they hate, then I wit dem 100% (granted the clubs and the radio make you sing along the crap cause they overkill), but I seen niggas responding to Wutangcorp News and be hitting out against some of the good south niggas. I know it's a matter of taste, but some of these niggas seem bitter, is it because Wu aint been on top in a long time?

That's Wus fault, becaue they had this every 4 year crap and styles and tates of the people have changed, not to mention the infiltration of white america (no disrespect), but every white kid I see when I come to the states talk black, shit American White kids see me and start talking Jamaican patios to me, LOL
Old 09-10-2005, 08:26 PM   #7
triggahappy187
Veteran Member

triggahappy187 Village Idiot

URrrrrr posts are 2 long summorize

"Shorty gimme more a u, ill take on 4 of u, plus 44 of the 48 laws for u"

"The Future is a mystery, the past is history, today is a
gift thats why its called the present"

Um on 7 Mile Ridin fuckin Dirty

Cass Corridor as well punk

www.forgottenmichigan.com
triggahappy187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 08:40 PM   #8
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Im sure a lot of wu fans would like K-Rino, Klondike, Z-Ro, and all those guys in the south.

The problem is those albums are hard to find in a some local record stores depending where you live. Only the top southern artists albums are available.

Where I live in the east, it is easy to find eastern underground stuff. But the southern and west coast underground albums are hard to find.

P.S. K-Rino is the illest MC i have heard of in the south.

Prolifical ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 08:51 PM   #9
Definitive X
Now known as Defcee

Definitive X grasshopper

I agree with most of what was said above...

I do have a problem with the South stuff that gets played on the radio. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against all things mainstream (Hell, I copped Luda's last two albums), but I feel that the songs that get spins are basically bullshit records. Nowadays, the over-synthesized, de-substantiated production (save for some of the stuff out of Houston; that shit is raw) in the Top 40 is capturing listeners' minds, fulfilling Masta Killah's '97 prophecy ("The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"). And be honest, half of the shit that cats say on the radio now woulda gotten their asses tossed off a fucking stage by KRS back in the early '90s. I'm still waiting for true East Coast music to return to power. Hell, in five or ten years, maybe my kids will be boppin' along with my Wu collection (or at least that's what I pray for everyday).

Take this from a kid who has gathered science from records that were made BEFORE HE WAS EVEN BORN, and has in the last five or six years ran religiously through about 95% of every Hip-Hop classic ever made searching for knowledge...

And remember...

Hip-Hop is the Bible, the Torah, the Koran of those who are attracted to it. So the next time anyone ever tries to diss it, ask them: would you desecrate the Bible in such a fashion?

Decided that I would rant too.

Peace.

"Got heat for everybody/watch the microphone burn..."
=Akrobatik
Definitive X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 08:54 PM   #10
Chief 'Broom
Veteran Member

Chief 'Broom shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggbwoy
I know it's a matter of taste, but some of these niggas seem bitter, is it because Wu aint been on top in a long time?
good question
Chief 'Broom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 09:02 PM   #11
lucky arms

lucky arms grasshopper

Well there is some good stuff from the south I like Paul Wall he strikes me as a dedicated and hardworking mc who deserves his sucsess.
lucky arms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 09:07 PM   #12
Chief 'Broom
Veteran Member

There's some good stuff everywhere too. It's just what's dominating the mainstream scene (BET, etc) is bad Southern shit in my opinion. I can't even watch videos anymore. They're all the same. It's embarrassing. That's why people generalize and say the South is fucking shit up. Cuz most Wu fans are about lyrics. And more complex beats then some bounce - Lil' Jon BS - and such.
Old 09-10-2005, 09:21 PM   #13
Chief 'Broom
Veteran Member

and i don't just blame it on the artists - i know corporations fucked hip hop up too - afterall it's what's selling now

Todays mainstream hip hop is the hair music of the 80s.
Old 09-10-2005, 09:30 PM   #14
Kennings
Thought Provoker

Kennings grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Kennings

truth in all that is said, especially to who made the thread.

like honestly, I really did fuck w. the whisper song because it was creative...I never heard anyone spit while whisperin on a track before, so to me that was HipHop, the YingYang twins be doin their own shit, now I would never buy their album, but they still got my respect.

Now theres really bad hiphop out there. its just that the same shit gets overplayed. everytime someone finds a formula that works, theyll beat it to death. like right before the liljohn formula it was the neptune formula, see what I mean?

like yea songs sound dumb these days, but when kool and the gang was sayin shit like "a hip hop, tahibit, and a hip hip hop and you dont stop rockin to the bang bang boogy and up jump the boogy and the boogity boogity bee" we all thought it was dope and "hiphop" SHIT HE SOUNDED DUMB AS HELL! but it was tight, b.c no1 was doin it.

But dont get me wrong, I think the current state of hiphop is fucked up too. But mostly because theres no creativity, just the same shit over and over again. If I heard Wu-type tracks 24/7 all day long, Id grow tired and the question would be "did HipHop forget how to have fun?" and then Id crave a dumb ass Nelly track for me to listen to in the club and have a girl shakein her ass on me with.

HipHop is dying because shes losin her creativity, and hes losin his balls to rebel and do your own shit...not because of the music, just the lack of diversity.

(yea it seems like everyones ranting now)

but yea,
peace and love
Kennings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 09:55 PM   #15
lucky arms

lucky arms grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueWisdom
truth in all that is said, especially to who made the thread.

like honestly, I really did fuck w. the whisper song because it was creative...I never heard anyone spit while whisperin on a track before, so to me that was HipHop, the YingYang twins be doin their own shit, now I would never buy their album, but they still got my respect.

Now theres really bad hiphop out there. its just that the same shit gets overplayed. everytime someone finds a formula that works, theyll beat it to death. like right before the liljohn formula it was the neptune formula, see what I mean?

like yea songs sound dumb these days, but when kool and the gang was sayin shit like "a hip hop, tahibit, and a hip hip hop and you dont stop rockin to the bang bang boogy and up jump the boogy and the boogity boogity bee" we all thought it was dope and "hiphop" SHIT HE SOUNDED DUMB AS HELL! but it was tight, b.c no1 was doin it.

But dont get me wrong, I think the current state of hiphop is fucked up too. But mostly because theres no creativity, just the same shit over and over again. If I heard Wu-type tracks 24/7 all day long, Id grow tired and the question would be "did HipHop forget how to have fun?" and then Id crave a dumb ass Nelly track for me to listen to in the club and have a girl shakein her ass on me with.

HipHop is dying because shes losin her creativity, and hes losin his balls to rebel and do your own shit...not because of the music, just the lack of diversity.

(yea it seems like everyones ranting now)

but yea,
peace and love
Diversity yes but a lot of it has deformed into profesonal wrestling type bravdo. But as far as "party" rap like Nelly and Lil John I would rather listin to someone intelgent like Nas or Killah Preist not some goon rapping aboput how he's gonna "mack" some broad. But I do enjoy Paul Wall he's just fun.
lucky arms is offline   Reply With Quote