news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 03-17-2009, 08:19 AM   #1
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default why do fags look at "catchy" songs like thats a bad thing?

its like the fake underground scene (i seperate the real underground from the fake) have built up a ridiculous idea that anything that has a good hook that is enjoyable to the human ear is therefore fake ass sell out bullshit that isnt real hip hop.

UG hip hop is becoming anti music.

They are the worst posers. They try to do everything to reflect attention from their own actual music and shortcomings, like constantly talking about other rappers, and other hip hop and how its all so wack, if you dont like hip hop, the step the fuck off!

unless you can make anything better, that normal real people would listen to, and not suburban teenage angry white nerds who like the idea of hip hop but dont wanna lower themselves to having to listen to what they perceive as illiterate black men.

builderberg.

POST YOUR FAVORITE CATCHY HIP HOP CUTS NOW AND SAVE THE WORLD FAGG O.T.'S
Old 03-17-2009, 08:37 AM   #2
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

its true. ug hip hop is very anti music and that's gay.
as opposed to innovating or embracing new ideas and making them work its all about rehash fake 'more hip hop then you' beats and rza or 90s imitations.

C.R.E.A.M was catchy.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:38 AM   #3
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

[would post youtube vids but it seems they removed 75% of them]

Craig Mack - Flava in Ya Ear
E-40 - Captain Save-a-Ho
Mobb Deep - Shook Ones Pt. II
Boogie Down Productions - South Bronx
Public Enemy - Fight the Power
Busta Rhymes - Woo Hah! Got You All in Check
Jay-Z & Foxy Brown - Ain't No Nigga
Main Source - Fakin' the Funk
Black Sheep - The Choice is Yours
UGK - Chrome Plated Woman
A Tribe Called Quest - Check the Rhime
A Tribe Called Quest - Award Tour
A Tribe Called Quest - We Can Get Down
A Tribe Called Quest - Buggin' Out

All of them are catchy as fuck.

I agree those fake UG nerds are just bullshitting with that hating on the hooks, but mainstream rappers you so adore are IMO even worse, caring ONLY about the hook (and on the end of that is Soulja Boy with songs that don't have verses at all).
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."
Edgar Erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 08:41 AM   #4
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

he doesn't adore them. he doesn't listen to them. if you were convinced then lol bruh
lol
Old 03-17-2009, 09:13 AM   #5
staycreepin_n_silence
Veteran Member

staycreepin_n_silence shaolin monk

that's the ug

Blood of a Slave Heart of a King. BraveHeart
staycreepin_n_silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:22 AM   #6
cap
THE ILL ONE

cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim T View Post
[would post youtube vids but it seems they removed 75% of them]
yeah what the fuck!!!!!!! is up with that!!!!!!!!

i agree with ghostlaced,people forget what makes good music.

cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:40 AM   #7
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

youtube is fucked now.

so many things are taken down, even if you try to put them back up yourself it blocks it right away.

a while ago i noticed "block rock" by ghost wasnt on there, so I tried to upload it, it wouldnt even let me do that.

theyve got a massive filter of tracklists from rec companys now, so you cant put the song names in titles anymore if you want them to go thru

it was good while it lasted
Old 03-17-2009, 02:17 PM   #8
Young Spade
Banned

Young Spade Village Idiot

Best thread of the week.

+1 for Ghostlaced.

If hip-hop is dead because of mainstream, underground helped to kill it even more but being unable to come out with NOTHING NEW and ORIGINAL. Only a few like Elzhi, otherwises its just a load of emo PMSing backpacking chocolate pudding geeks thinking tey represent hip hop and having a catchy hook is the worst thing in the world today.
Young Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 03:24 PM   #9
Tyler Durden
You are not your job

Tyler Durden drunken mastaTyler Durden drunken mastaTyler Durden drunken masta

I agree with this completely

I even do the shit myself, I hate on a track for being a bit mainstream then find myself liking it afterwards.

Tyler Durden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 03:57 PM   #10
Sean
Wu Vatican

Sean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of fury

People keep talking about these underground rappers that make "anti music", but who exactly do you mean? Just some examples cause I don't really listen to a lot of underground hip hop, but the stuff I do listen to doesn't fall into this category of anti music.

Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 04:19 PM   #11
YungSunny
Buddha Blessed

YungSunny drunken mastaYungSunny drunken masta

Old 03-17-2009, 07:07 PM   #12
Dirty Knowledge
I Already Won

Dirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venoms

Early Lil Wayne is some of my favorite catchy shit.
Get Off Da Corner..
The Block is Hot..
Loud Pipes..
Shine..
Shit like that.

Jay-Z, Ja Rule, LOX, Bad Boy, them dudes was always in to some catchy shit. At one point or another.

I fucks with the C.O. aka The Boss Ross (he's hometeam..) and he's catchy as hell. That Speedin joint with R. Kelly I fucked with for a minute..especially in the whip. Remix was dope.

Usually I gotta be fucked up to be fuckin with some catchy shit, in the club and what not, at a party. When I'm solo I don't really listen to it that much. When I smoke a blunt it's always something from 1992-2004 I'm vibin to.

^ KYLE WILLIAMS POOPS THE BED ^
Dirty Knowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:18 PM   #13
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

Loud pipes is deh jam

young spade is right, the lack of originality and newness is what makes them just as 'dead hip hop' as everyone else.

most of the time the just rap and rap and rap and rap using the same words they all use song after song on an uninspired looped beat.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:27 PM   #14
iammzac
Veteran Member

iammzac prodigal soniammzac prodigal soniammzac prodigal soniammzac prodigal soniammzac prodigal soniammzac prodigal soniammzac prodigal son

http://www.mtvmusic.com/

^ They have pretty much every music video ever here.
iammzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:12 AM   #15
MAYOR QUIMBY
Veteran Member

MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

If a track is hot it's hot, regardless of how catchy it is or not.

For instance that new MIMS song is sick as fuck. And so is the new Common ft. Will I Am song. Ludacris always has sick catchy songs too.
MAYOR QUIMBY is offline   Reply With Quote