news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 03-17-2009, 03:28 PM   #1
YungSunny
Buddha Blessed

YungSunny drunken mastaYungSunny drunken masta
Default hihibnobno Big words makes you a bad lyricist.

For some reason I've seen a lot of people say that around here.
Now I understand how a lot of underground rappers try to just blurt out random big words to sound intelligent and lyrical. But damn, some people take their hatred of that to a whole new level.

Honestly:

Is this dude a bad rapper because he has advanced vocabulary?

This post right here had me laughing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Spade View Post
Nas > Gza

Gza just uses big words but no one cares about what he has to say.
I understand how his verses fly over your head 'cause you're hollow in the head, but wow.

Somebody build on this subject and enlighten me.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:51 PM   #2
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

There isn't a single big, complicated word in Killa Hills 10304 and it's one of the smartest verses ever

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 04:56 PM   #3
RALPH WIGGUM
PRODIGAL SUN

RALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killa

Yeah, I saw that post too, goin on a wu tang fan site sayin nobody cares about GZA...

RALPH WIGGUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 05:05 PM   #4
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

It seems thats just recently, many threads made of which rappers are bad.

Those same posters say how many WTC posters like that kind of hip-hop to "go against the grain" because they are angry emos or something.

Hypocritically, they are just trying to go against the grain here just to play devils advocate with "those wu-corp fags".

Generally those people saying all those things don't really care.

Prolifical ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 08:05 PM   #5
spiggity_ace
Veteran Member

spiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venoms

a lot of people say this shit about canibus, he uses big words and wutever, they say he doesnt no wut they mean, just becuz u dont no wut they mean should make u say that hes just sayin the words for no reason, for real in that master thesis song all those words and concepts he thrws out probably run over peoples heads while hesmmkaing perfect sense to someone who understands the words.
spiggity_ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 08:07 PM   #6
The Hound
Fuck the King

The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Why do people take anything Young Spade says seriously when he's just saying that shit to get you skirts upset?

Whatever, using "big words" doesn't make you a bad lyricist but it also doesn't make you a good one. You can separate those who know what they're talking about from those that don't because they can use it in the correct contex.

You see a lot of these templ of darts wanna be's who write verse made entirely of four syllable words yet none of it makes sense, just a bunch of random words put together with no cohesion, contex or meaning. Those are the bad lyricists.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
I say nigga and i'm white

Last edited by The Hound; 03-17-2009 at 08:09 PM.
The Hound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:48 AM   #7
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

LOL. Keith Murray comes to mind.

About using big words, bringing that up is more of an insult to you than to rapper you're trying to diss. If he's a good lyricist he can make a dope verse with all four-syllable words OR with one-syllable ones, if he's wack lyricist he'll be wack in any case.

And if you bring that up you're only saying that you're too stupid to understand any a bit longer word.
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."
Edgar Erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:02 AM   #8
The Hound
Fuck the King

The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

If that's directed at my post then learn to fucking read.
Quote:
Old 03-18-2009, 03:45 AM   #9
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BONERFARM JERKERWRISTS View Post
If that's directed at my post then learn to fucking read.
I'm pretty sure you spelled context wrong, at least twice, I'm not making a jab, just saying regarding your "learn to read" comment.

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
Old 03-18-2009, 03:48 AM   #10
The Hound
Fuck the King

Put me back on ignore please.
Quote:
Old 03-18-2009, 03:51 AM   #11
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

Quote:
Put me back on ignore please.
Don't get mad, you made a mistake, I pointed it out. Now hopefully you won't do it again. You should be thanking me.

Old 03-18-2009, 03:54 AM   #12
The Hound
Fuck the King

I'm not mad just put me back on ignore.
Quote:
Old 03-18-2009, 03:58 AM   #13
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

You never left

Old 03-18-2009, 04:35 PM   #14
spiggity_ace
Veteran Member

spiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venoms

Quote:
Why do people take anything Young Spade says seriously when he's just saying that shit to get you skirts upset?

young spades not evenin this thread unless yungsunny and young spade are the same person.
spiggity_ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 04:39 PM   #15
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

when AfuRa uses big words, it's lame as fuck

when Keith Murray, it's good sometimes, sometimes not

Canibus is a great emcee, but horrible songmaker

enuff light for today, you are all enlighted.