news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber > Album Reviews

View Poll Results: ghostface killah - ironman
classic 151 84.83%
banger 22 12.36%
good 3 1.69%
mediocre 0 0%
wack 2 1.12%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-14-2005, 08:34 PM   #16
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Re: Ghostface Killah - Ironman

basically Winter Warz is fuckin bannannas, I want to make a song like it with a few local rappers here in Captown, just an ill seasonally themed beat, and lyrical insanity. It might be on that Strawberry Icecream LP for all you that follow that P.Legion rap.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:39 PM   #17
Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
Found My Purpose

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah crouching tigerSun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah crouching tiger

1 Iron Maiden 5/5
2 Wild Flower 4/5
3 The Faster Blade 5/5
4 260 5/5
5 Assassination Day 5/5
6 Poisonous Darts 4.5/5
7 Winter Warz 5/5
8 Box in Hand 5/5
9 Fish 4/5
10 Camay 5/5
11 Daytona 500 5/5
12 Motherless Child 5/5
13 Black Jesus 5/5
14 After The Smoke is Clear 4.5/5
15 All That I Got is You 5/5
16 Marvel 4.5/5
17 The Soul Controller 5/5 one of the illest songs rarely heard now because the re-release took it off (sample clearance reasons) but this was the true end song
it's like a epic journey, 6:50 minutes of illness....really hard to describe but you will just be speechless after you hear it. The movie quote at the end is the perfect way to end a album

the album is the perfect fusion of basically the Only built 4 cuban linx style production and the bobby digital shit

"Reciting a biblical verse before I make your melon burst like that nigga Jules from Pulp Fiction...my salvation is salivation, and diction crucifixion" - Ras Kass

http://www.myspace.com/theblacksunn1 http://theblacksunn.blogspot.com

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 04:50 AM   #18
Bloo
Da Main Gatdamit!!!

Bloo drunken mastaBloo drunken mastaBloo drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to Bloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
17 The Soul Controller 5/5 one of the illest songs rarely heard now because the re-release took it off (sample clearance reasons) but this was the true end song
it's like a epic journey, 6:50 minutes of illness....really hard to describe but you will just be speechless after you hear it. The movie quote at the end is the perfect way to end a album

the album is the perfect fusion of basically the Only built 4 cuban linx style production and the bobby digital shit
That track was the shit. When you heard that shit it definately sounded like it was over.

Made ya wanna cry how perfect it was
Old 09-15-2005, 07:40 AM   #19
Literate Type Asshole
gullier than thou

Literate Type Asshole shaolin monk

most songs on this are totally ridiculous, a top 30 wu tang songs list would contain at least three quarters of this album. the only ones that aren't are wildflower, poisonous darts, after the smoke is clear (really dont like the drums on this song), and marvel which are just good and the faster blade which is boring.

1 Iron Maiden 5/5
2 Wild Flower 4/5
3 The Faster Blade 3/5
4 260 5/5
5 Assassination Day 5/5
6 Poisonous Darts 4/5
7 Winter Warz 5/5
8 Box in Hand 5/5
9 Fish 5/5
10 Camay 4.5/5
11 Daytona 500 5/5
12 Motherless Child 5/5
13 Black Jesus 5/5
14 After The Smoke is Clear 4/5
15 All That I Got is You 4.5/5
16 Marvel 4/5
17 The Soul Controller 5/5
Literate Type Asshole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 11:39 PM   #20
the insignificant
SLIMEY SAVAGE

the insignificant shaolin monk

1 Iron Maiden 4/5... great start by all three emcees...
2 Wild Flower 3/5... overrated... ghost comes off sounding almost childish here... 'you did this, so i did that, so nehhhh'...
3 The Faster Blade 4.5/5... short and sharp... just really good...
4 260 3.5/5... sounds too much like iron maiden for my liking...
5 Assassination Day 5/5... four great verses, particularly by rza and mk...
6 Poisonous Darts 4/5... powerful beat and ghost hits it with the appropriate force...
7 Winter Warz 3.5/5... not big on the beat or the chorus... u-god, cappa and mk do well though...
8 Box in Hand 4.5/5... rae and meth overshadow ghost by a long way on this...
9 Fish 5/5... fantastic...
10 Camay 3/5... nice beat but the emcees bore me...
11 Daytona 500 5/5... great beat, great hook, great verses...
12 Motherless Child 3.5/5... never really got into this one...
13 Black Jesus 4.5/5... the beat and u-god are phenomenal...
14 After The Smoke is Clear 4/5... rza and rae are awesome...
15 All That I Got is You 3.5/5... never quite got into this either...
16 The Soul Controller 4.5/5... very good, nice switch up in the middle...
17 Marvel - 5/5... the beat steals this one... love the way rza lets it run and plays with it...
the insignificant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 11:56 PM   #21
Bedlam
Making cream

Bedlam shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to Bedlam

^insignificant, you're review leaves me speachless with confusion
Old 09-17-2005, 12:18 AM   #22
the insignificant
SLIMEY SAVAGE

the insignificant shaolin monk

well then i'll just leave you to try and articulate your thoughts... i know it comes across as critical, but i was trying to keep it brief... you'd still be reading if i mentioned everything i like about the album...
the insignificant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 11:32 PM   #23
hotnikks
PRODIGAL SUN

hotnikks crouching tigerhotnikks crouching tiger

i only gave Winter Warz a 4/5 cuz of the beat, not the best beat on this album at all, the song is still classic though.
hotnikks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 08:45 PM   #24
Frank Drebin
shaolin shadowboxer

Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Really really good album. This is an amazing album flamboyance, rawness, love, hate, anger, laughter got it all. Really good 8.8/10
Old 09-25-2005, 07:04 AM   #25
MaXiMus Da MaNtis
Wu Vatican

MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaXiMus Da MaNtis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

my fav album out of the wu
MaXiMus Da MaNtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 07:11 AM   #26
Holmes

Holmes grasshopper

When I need cheered up I stick on Daytona 500 I love this tune.
Holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 09:42 AM   #27
Protection
?!?!?!?!!!?!?!???

Protection grasshopper

1 Iron Maiden | 4˝/5 | This is a banger to start off the album with. Everyone come off sharp on this one, tho I like Raekwon's verse the most.

2 Wild Flower | 4˝/5 | The beat is butter and got that typical RZA sound with it. Psychotic strings, keyboards and a Ghostface on rampage. Tho I think this song needed a hook or a chorus.

3 The Faster Blade | 4/5 | The concept for this song is basic. A beat and Raekwon rhyming over it. That's it, no hook, no Ghostface, just circa 40 bars of emceeing by the Chef. And I love it, im amazed how Raekwon could come off that hungry right after the success of OB4CL. But this song is too simple to get a higher rate.

4 260 | 5/5 | This is another classic storytelling song with Rae & Ghost rhyming back & forth. The beat is soo simple, yet so good. Classic.

5 Assassination Day | 5/5 | A possé cut without Ghostface, but it's all good. The song is off the hook, everyone spit fire over the beat. Best verse: Masta Killa. Another classic song.

6 Poisonous Darts | 4˝/5 | For a long time I didn't like this track, but now I love it. Ghostface gets loose over the rapid beat, spittin' nothing but "poisonous darts". I love the lines aimed at The Source at the end, Ghost was ahead of his time I guess haha.

7 Winter Warz | 5/5 | Wow... There's not much left to be said about this song that has never been said before. Cappa holds the crown for the best verse but you can't forget that U-God drops a damn good one too! Another classic.

8 Box in Hand | 4˝/5 | Right off the success of Winter Warz this track follows up. It's another solid banger from Ghost but it's not on the same amazing level as the other classics. But still, a damn good track.

9 Fish | 5/5 | Next classic: Fish. "We eat fish, toss salads and make rapballads" hahaha, Ghost drops the dopest verse here. This is the only track not produced by The RZA, this one's by True Master. 'Biscuits' off PTA always reminds me of this classic beat. Classic.

10 Camay | 5/5 | Wow... RZA took it to another level with the production on this one. The way he used that Teddy Pendergrass vocalsample and combined it with that seductive bassline and the piano is unbelievable. Not only that: Rae, Ghost and Cappa spit fire over the beat. But once again Ghost drops the best verse. "You sexy motherfucker! GOD DAMN!" hahaha. Classic.

11 Daytona 500 | 5/5 | This is a classic Wu-single. It's so soulful yet and the same time so raw. Raekwon impressed me with the way he flowed over the beat on this one, he takes the best verse. Classic.

12 Motherless Child | 5/5 | Wow... Yet another masterpiece by The RZA. This is arguably one of his hardest beats of all time. Once again he takes a vocalsample (this time from O.V. Wright) and takes it totally somewhere else. Raekwon got a short verse and allows Ghost to shine with another storytelling verse. Classic.

13 Black Jesus | 4/5 | Perhaps the weakest song on the album, but not bad at all. Just like Hand In Box, not on the same level as the other tracks.

14 After The Smoke is Clear | 4˝/5 | The beat is simple. A drumpattern with a bassline and The Delphonics wailing over it. But it works, no doubt! Great song, tho the production could've been better.

15 All That I Got is You | 5/5 | Wow... I've been praising RZA's production a lot, but now it's time for Ghost to get shine. He drops one of the REALEST verses in raphistory. Anyone can feel his pain and misery he went through his childhood thanks to this track. There's no other way to put it but... Classic.

16 Marvel | 4/5 | This track appears as weak coming right after 'All That I Got Is You'. But it's not bad at all, but I always skip it tho.

17 The Soul Controller | 4/5 | This track should've been #15 and 'All That I Got Is You' should've been #17, that would've been the ideal way to finish the album. But instead 'The Soul Controller' ends the album, a fine track. But I always get somewhat lost in what Ghost is talking about and I can't understand this song.

Overall:
5/5
This is a classic album by Ghostface, RZA, Raekwon and Cappadonna hands down. There's no bad songs, no bad production, no bad verses, it's almost flawless. Almost. A few tracks could've been more structured and organized. The RZA drops one of his most consistent albums, productionwise. There's several classic beats by The Abbot and you could already hear traces of his future Bobby Digital sound. To sum it all up in one word: CLASSIC.
Old 09-28-2005, 01:11 PM   #28
pablobaluba
Banned

pablobaluba grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to pablobaluba Send a message via Yahoo to pablobaluba

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotnikks
In my opinion this is Ghosts best album to date, its just too raw
Ghostface Killah at his best, Supreme Clientele is a close second though.

But Ironman is unfuckable with.

1 Iron Maiden 5/5 beautiful intro song
2 Wild Flower 4/5 ghost is spittin fire here
3 The Faster Blade 5/5 fuckin dope cut
4 260 5/5 classic the beat is ill
5 Assassination Day 4/5 dope fam track
6 Poisonous Darts 4/5 dope could've been longer though
7 Winter Warz 4/5 cappa kills
8 Box in Hand 5/5 classic
9 Fish 4/5 dope
10 Camay 5/5 another classic
11 Daytona 500 5/5 classic
12 Motherless Child 5/5 illzzz
13 Black Jesus 5/5 Ugod is dope here
14 After The Smoke is Clear 5/5 rza and ghost killed it
15 All That I Got is You 5/5 ghost gets deep n shit
16 Marvel 4/5 dope song to finish it

This album is classic!
surely it is....it's one of the 7 great classics of the wu tang
pablobaluba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 12:35 AM   #29
Ironman Starks
Niggas Against Society

Ironman Starks grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by WU-KILLAH
2 Wild Flower 2,5/5 It's pure ghostface but Im not feeling that track

3 The Faster Blade 1/5 Only track I skip

10 Camay 2/5 oh I forgot: I skip camay too

14 After The Smoke is Clear 5/5 My favorite track of the album ! Damn how can RZA drop so much classic beats in one album ??? (three verses are ill !)

15 All That I Got is You 4,5/5 Mary J + Ghost = classic slow song ( some realness here)
^^^wildflower was crazyy i actually like the intro too "That was the best fuckin i have ever had!"

faster blade is not a 1/5....

camay is possible the best hip-hop love song ever IMO beat is hot and so is the teddy pendergrass sample

i actually skip after the smoke is clear

all that i got is you was aight the first time hearing it but i think ive listened to it maybe 3 times and ive had had the cd for maybe 8 years

everything else is fire
Ironman Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 10:40 PM   #30
hotnikks
PRODIGAL SUN

hotnikks crouching tigerhotnikks crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalB
When I need cheered up I stick on Daytona 500 I love this tune.
worrd i love to speed up when im in my ride and i hear this song.
hotnikks is online now   Reply With Quote