news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

View Poll Results: which do you prefer
You Can't Stop Me Now (ft. U-God, Inspectah Deck Y6 11 45.83%
Sunlight (RZA solo, miles away from SunShower and Tragedy 10 41.67%
none of the above is good enough... 1 4.17%
hheard that new Lik' Flip LP? 2 8.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-24-2009, 02:55 PM   #1
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Should "You Can't Stop Me Now" replace "Sunlight" on 8 Digrams

i know 8 Diagrams been out forever and me personally i think it's an incredible album.. one of the most well-produced, least rushed album in the '00s if we're talking strictly music. alot of the MC's ripped it hard as well (Ghost, Meth, U-God, Raekwon and GZA was 50/50). In my mp3-player I replaced RZA's boring solo "Sunlight" with the european version of "You Can't Stop Me Now" from Digi Snacks.. it features RZA, Deck and U-God plus zu ninja doing backing vocals. It has a dope shit beore it that i think would fit on 8 Diagrams, on some Cubaj shit.

Sure the beat is very mellow and based around an aucustic guitar and the drums is barely noticeable. on the flp side RZA drops his illest verse on the whole album and even U-God drops by for a ope 8D verse. This definitely sounds better sequend on the LP si U wish RZA would have kept it for 8 D as planned. The ODB noan is als alof hifher here.

Opinions

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:58 PM   #2
DUMBO
Veteran Member

DUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venoms

a little too late to make adjustments methinks, unless you mean the "8 digrams" album that is due for release in May?

"Oppressing bitches individually and in groups since 1976"
DUMBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:59 PM   #3
Mic Tyson
Heisman

Mic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venoms

never heard the european version. ima listen to that real quick
Old 03-24-2009, 03:02 PM   #4
Bacdad

Bacdad shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
it features RZA, Deck and U-God plus zu ninja doing backing vocals. It has a dope shit beore it that i think would fit on 8 Diagrams, on some Cubaj shit.
what?upload this track ive never even heard of it..is the uey verse from another track?

i think it should but id rather have it replace wack ass starter..all my independent women let ur hair down wu-tang is here wtf
Bacdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:03 PM   #5
YungSunny
Buddha Blessed

YungSunny drunken mastaYungSunny drunken masta

Sunlight is not boring.
It's pure poetry.
Old 03-24-2009, 03:05 PM   #6
-The A to the Z-
Veteran Member

-The A to the Z- iron monkey-The A to the Z- iron monkey-The A to the Z- iron monkey-The A to the Z- iron monkey-The A to the Z- iron monkey

I think our European version is too long with the little intro 'scene'.

With the drums and bass from the US version, and the verses from the European version, we'd have the best version of You Can't Stop Me Now to put on 8 Diagrams and replace Sunlight .

I mean it's nice and all, kinda hypnotic even; but it breaks up the album's flow.
-The A to the Z- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:40 PM   #7
Don Universo
OB4 Iron Flag Niggas

Don Universo iron monkeyDon Universo iron monkeyDon Universo iron monkey
Smile

Hell fuckin' no....sunlight is the shit. If anything he should have put it on digi snax in place of one of the weaker songs on that album.

Back to 8D... sunlight should've been the last track on the album instead of wack ass "tar pit" and the horrible who let the monkey out the cage outro.

Last edited by Don Universo; 03-24-2009 at 03:51 PM.
Don Universo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:44 PM   #8
Gitche Manito
Le Maître de la Vie

Gitche Manito shaolin monk

For me Sunlight is the pinacle of 8 Diagrams.

The album climbs up til it reaches Sunlight, then it's downhill skiing until the end.

The album is perfect, period.
Comme les ombres de la nuit.
Gitche Manito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:50 PM   #9
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

7 in the center, belongs in the epicenter, no way you discard such poetry haphazardly

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 05:26 PM   #10
hom1e
Veteran Member

hom1e crouching tigerhom1e crouching tiger

I'm fealin' you man, matter of fact I replaced sunlights with You Cant Stop me now (with U-God) on my back-up 8D CD

When im drunk... When im high...

I'm On My MCZ Shit...
hom1e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 06:29 PM   #11
spiggity_ace
Veteran Member

spiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venoms

if ur goin to replace any song on 8d im surprised anyone would mention any song on their other than starter, im shocked, but you cant stop me now instead of starter would be dope.
spiggity_ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 06:38 PM   #12
immaculate

8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury

Hell naw - "Sunlight" shits all over "You Can't Stop Me Now"

8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 06:57 PM   #13
Guarded By Martyrs
AllTheWorldWillBeYourNME

Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitche Manito View Post
For me Sunlight is the pinacle of 8 Diagrams.
I agree.

Guarded By Martyrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:31 AM   #14
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

"You Can't Stop Me Now" was easily the best songs on Digi Snacks and it actually was a song made for 8 Diagrams, it originally had a Ghostface verse too.. it was on all the old tracklist and it also had a skit before it, so i'm pretty sure the European version was made for 8 Diagrams; U-God's 8 bars were fire, The RZA spit a verse iller than anything else on 8D, Digi Snacks or Afro 2 imo and the only weak link was Deck. But I can handle that though... I'm not neccesarily feeling the EU version most but i think it would fit 8 Diagrams just perfect, nice to have Zu Keeper on there too. Even the 2 minute skit should be on there, as a homage to 36 Chambers that had alot of them.

"Sunlight" isn't a bad song by any means but it would have sounded better on a RZA solo. The instrumental is dope but should be used as an intermission if still on 8D.. just my opinion.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
Old 03-25-2009, 12:34 AM   #15
claaa7
Killer Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by hom1e View Post
I'm fealin' you man, matter of fact I replaced sunlights with You Cant Stop me now (with U-God) on my back-up 8D CvvD
i threw in Can't Stop Me Now in my mp3-player i while ago and replaced sunlight with it too, it definitely sequences well...

i see alot of people complaining about "Tar Pit", which I think was a real dope track minus George Clinton.. but if you took away Clinton and let that ill beat ride for like 2-3 minutes after Street's verse would've been perfect as a closer imo. RZA used to do shit like that sometimes back in the days (eg. "Marvel", the bonus song on IronMan).