news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

View Poll Results: Is Reasonable Doubt the best hiphop album ever?
yes 2 2.86%
no, but it's up there 33 47.14%
no, and it's nowhere near the radius of the greatest albums 35 50.00%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 10:10 PM   #16
sdeblasi
The Special Technique

sdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by BONERFARM JERKERWRISTS View Post
How can it be inconsistant but be a classic? Being called a "classic" implies perfect or near perfection, flawless, being a totaly consistant album with little to no error.

SMH, too many dopes throw the term "classic" at albums they really should be calling dope or great. There are like 10 genuine classic albums in rap history.
agree that the word classic is overused, this album by that definition is near classic then or "superior" lol
Old 03-24-2009, 10:13 PM   #17
Chungsanity
SHAOLIN STUDENT

Chungsanity sitting duck

Quote:
How can it be inconsistant but be a classic? Being called a "classic" implies perfect or near perfection, flawless, being a totaly consistant album with little to no error.

SMH, too many dopes throw the term "classic" at albums they really should be calling dope or great. There are like 10 genuine classic albums in rap history.
Im curious to know what those 10 genuine classics are
Old 03-24-2009, 10:15 PM   #18
Visionz
The People's Champ

Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Visionz

No lie.

I see this thread on the main page with Reasonable Doubt=Best.....

and I knew who created the thread, just saying

Support the Real. Click HERE
Old 03-24-2009, 10:18 PM   #19
Chungsanity
SHAOLIN STUDENT

Chungsanity sitting duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdeblasi View Post
the album is classic but nowhere near best hip hop album of all time, no where near.
RD isnt consistent enough all the way through imo

Do or Die > RD

same with a ton of other albums
how the hell isnt RD consistent enough when track 1 to 8 are pure FLAMES. CANT KNOCK THE HUSTLE TO CAN I LIVE. then we go to track 9, which is aint no nigga. you could say shit about that, but even still jay rips it and a young foxy brown in her prime comes correct. from track 10 to 14, we got friend or foe to regrets, which goes smoothly all the way through.
meanwhile doe or die has average joints like ho happy jackie and I feel for you, which I definitely skip at times.

did you even listen to the album?

Im curious if most of yall even listened to RD thoroughly, instead of a few tracks here and there.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:19 PM   #20
Paranoid
-

Paranoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of fury

Definitely no

but its up there
Old 03-24-2009, 10:20 PM   #21
The Hound
Fuck the King

The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Paid in Full
36 Chambers
Cuban Linx
Illmatic
Liquid Swords
Criminal Minded
AmeriKKKas Most Wanted
The Great Adventures of Slick Rick
Ready to Die
Straight Outta Compton

Like I said, people throw the term "classic" around too losely. Albums like Stillmatic, All Eyez On Me, Doe or Die, The Chronic, The Infamous etc... they're all 4/5 albums (or, in AEOM 2/5) because they're not 100% perfect. A classic album is perfect. All of the above are perfect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
I say nigga and i'm white
Old 03-24-2009, 10:23 PM   #22
Chungsanity
SHAOLIN STUDENT

Chungsanity sitting duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visions Unseen View Post
No lie.

I see this thread on the main page with Reasonable Doubt=Best.....

and I knew who created the thread, just saying
whats this suppose to mean? damn right I created it, and Ive listened to pretty much all the classics you could name and RD came out on top.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:32 PM   #23
Chungsanity
SHAOLIN STUDENT

Chungsanity sitting duck

Quote:
Paid in Full
36 Chambers
Cuban Linx
Illmatic
Liquid Swords
Criminal Minded
AmeriKKKas Most Wanted
The Great Adventures of Slick Rick
Ready to Die
Straight Outta Compton

Like I said, people throw the term "classic" around too losely. Albums like Stillmatic, All Eyez On Me, Doe or Die, The Chronic, The Infamous etc... they're all 4/5 albums (or, in AEOM 2/5) because they're not 100% perfect. A classic album is perfect. All of the above are perfect.
lmao @ obfcl and liquid swords. now that's what you call wu bias. you did well with the other 8 albums though. even though ready to die was the first album I listened to, RD was simply better.

but once I look down and you mention THE CHRONIC AND THE INFAMOUS, you cant be taken seriously anymore callin them 4/5 albums GOD DAMN.

HOW CAN YOU SAY CHRONIC ISNT CLASSIC WHEN IT BROUGHT THE WESTCOAST TO THE FOREFRONT IN '92. SMFH...
Old 03-24-2009, 10:36 PM   #24
JerseyIronman

JerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal son

Illmatic, 36 Chambers, The Infamous, Liquid Swords, OB4CL >> Reasonable Doubt

Old 03-24-2009, 10:36 PM   #25
The Hound
Fuck the King

The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

LMFAO @ Reasonable Doubt.

How can you say Cuban Linx isn't classic then masturbate furiously over Reasonable Doubt when OB4CL brought Mafioso Rap to the forefront in '95?

SMFH.
Quote:
Old 03-24-2009, 10:37 PM   #26
JerseyIronman

JerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal son

i think i prefer RD over Ready to Die though

Old 03-24-2009, 10:43 PM   #27
Chungsanity
SHAOLIN STUDENT

Chungsanity sitting duck

Quote:
LMFAO @ Reasonable Doubt.

How can you say Cuban Linx isn't classic then masturbate furiously over Reasonable Doubt when OB4CL brought Mafioso Rap to the forefront in '95?

SMFH.
so you're gonna put a twist to my words. smh...

actually cuban linx is a classic. I just slandered your "10 definitive classic" list and took out
cuban linx because if RD isnt a classic, then OBFCL isnt either. it's just a misunderstanding there.

but like Ive been stressing, you take an L for saying The Chronic isnt a classic, nuff said.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:47 PM   #28
Chungsanity
SHAOLIN STUDENT

Chungsanity sitting duck

"Prolifical Eng" summed up all the wu dickriding in this thread so what the fuck
Old 03-24-2009, 10:49 PM   #29
The Hound
Fuck the King

LOL deep down you actually agreed with my list but couldn't handle the fact that you did.

And yeah, I put a twist on your words to highlight the idiocy of what you said.

Doggystyle > The Chronic.
Quote:
Old 03-24-2009, 11:12 PM   #30
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungSunny View Post
Jay-Z got close with his first 2 albums when it comes to making a classic.
But he always fucks himself by throwing some wack-ass tracks in it.
Agreed.

Closed Thread