news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

View Poll Results: Is Reasonable Doubt the best hiphop album ever?
yes 2 2.86%
no, but it's up there 33 47.14%
no, and it's nowhere near the radius of the greatest albums 35 50.00%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 11:16 PM   #31
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

This Chungsanity guy is a pretty annoying faggit too.

We get it, you really like Jay Z.

Try to comprehend that not everyone here has listened to the same limited amount of music as you, and most likely does not share your opinion

Old 03-24-2009, 11:21 PM   #32
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i think the album is a VERY boring listen. no track is fun, though many are exceptionally good and its too polished for my taste.

also, its gimmicky as fuck.

the whole mob thing here is a gimmick and i think it cornified the gambino era.
The worst part is that skit with the black bastard talking in a fake cuban voice.
shit was horrible and embarassing.

it turned the whole gambino thing from a symbolic representation of real live events (cuban linx) to fat black men pretending to be italian (Reasonable doubt and beyond)

and this legacy gave NY the seeds that would grow to become the cornball capital of rap.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:26 PM   #33
Visionz
The People's Champ

Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Visionz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chungsanity View Post
whats this suppose to mean? damn right I created it, and Ive listened to pretty much all the classics you could name and RD came out on top.
What it means is that you're the only one here who would say it. I wasn't wrong.

I would like to hear you comment on the extemely large catalog of him "paying tribute" by either jacking the lyrics or jacking the rhythm of songs and changing the words slightly.

Do you feel that is the epitome of art?

Support the Real. Click HERE
Old 03-24-2009, 11:26 PM   #34
Mic Tyson
Heisman

Mic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venoms

i think that album is a classic. def. better than cuban linx cuz jay z is a better rapper (at that time) and the production was better.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:30 PM   #35
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

this album is the sperm of cuban linx.
on top of that cuban linx is better.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:33 PM   #36
The Hound
Fuck the King

The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShaolinAssassin View Post
The worst part is that skit with the black bastard talking in a fake cuban voice.

LOL

The irony about that guy is his name is "Pain in da ass" which he certainly is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
I say nigga and i'm white
Old 03-24-2009, 11:35 PM   #37
sdeblasi
The Special Technique

sdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal son

Quote:
how the hell isnt RD consistent enough when track 1 to 8 are pure FLAMES. CANT KNOCK THE HUSTLE TO CAN I LIVE. then we go to track 9, which is aint no nigga. you could say shit about that, but even still jay rips it and a young foxy brown in her prime comes correct. from track 10 to 14, we got friend or foe to regrets, which goes smoothly all the way through.
meanwhile doe or die has average joints like ho happy jackie and I feel for you, which I definitely skip at times.

did you even listen to the album?

Im curious if most of yall even listened to RD thoroughly, instead of a few tracks here and there.
there all good songs 1-8, but not all of them are great, most tracks on ob4cl are better than those songs. and im not saying that because im on a wu forum either.

also, 10-14 are good, but sometimes listening to this whole album as a whole gets tiresome. i dont know wy its just my experience with it. i still love the album but it is by no means the best. that list of classics bonerfarm or whatever listed are all better than RD, so is The Low End Theory, enta da stage, and IMO runaway slave, an album which you probably havnt even listened to lol

and ive had RD since i was in 9th grade, so i have listened to the album hundreds of times to answer your question
Old 03-24-2009, 11:37 PM   #38
Chungsanity
SHAOLIN STUDENT

Chungsanity sitting duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShaolinAssassin View Post
i think the album is a VERY boring listen. no track is fun, though many are exceptionally good and its too polished for my taste.

also, its gimmicky as fuck.

the whole mob thing here is a gimmick and i think it cornified the gambino era.

it turned the whole gambino thing from a symbolic representation of real live events (cuban linx) to fat black men pretending to be italian (Reasonable doubt and beyond)

and this legacy gave NY the seeds that would grow to become the cornball capital of rap.

this is obviously a shock post. very well done.

Quote:
i think that album is a classic. def. better than cuban linx cuz jay z is a better rapper (at that time) and the production was better.
you're one of a few in this thread who has common sense. jigga is obviously the better rapper than chef and starks and the production was better. obfcl had some really average to shitty beats such as knuckleheads, knowledge god, can it all be so simple remix, spot rusherz and a few others.

OBFCL inspired RD but that doesnt mean its better. rakim inspired nas, but illmatic is way better than paid in full - its the same shit.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:37 PM   #39
sdeblasi
The Special Technique

sdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mic Tyson View Post
hahahahaha
Old 03-24-2009, 11:39 PM   #40
Mic Tyson
Heisman

Mic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venoms

but cuban linx didn't invent that mafia shit. and theres no way cuban linx is better
Old 03-24-2009, 11:39 PM   #41
sdeblasi
The Special Technique

Quote:
this is obviously a shock post. very well done.

you're one of a few in this thread who has common sense. jigga is obviously the better rapper than chef and starks and the production was better. obfcl had some really average to shitty beats such as knuckleheads, knowledge god, can it all be so simple remix, spot rusherz and a few others.

OBFCL inspired RD but that doesnt mean its better. rakim inspired nas, but illmatic was 10x better than paid in full - its the same shit.
KNOWLEDGE GOD a shitty beat?!?!?!?!?! get the fuck outta here

seriously, leave

now

Old 03-24-2009, 11:40 PM   #42
Chungsanity
SHAOLIN STUDENT

Chungsanity sitting duck

theres a reason why I have 2 options in the poll in favor of no. if I was a stan, then this thread would be pointless. Im just tryin to see who's with me on RD
Old 03-24-2009, 11:42 PM   #43
Mic Tyson
Heisman

yeah the CL beats wasn't that good. ive started to like them now, but it took a long ass time to like the album.

can i live>cuban linx
Old 03-24-2009, 11:42 PM   #44
Chungsanity
SHAOLIN STUDENT

Chungsanity sitting duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdeblasi View Post
KNOWLEDGE GOD a shitty beat?!?!?!?!?! get the fuck outta here

seriously, leave

now

you think a pitched up violin sample is some dope shit? lmao.

Im just tellin it how it is. some of the beats on CL are bland as fuck, and thats the truth. the whole album is still a classic though.

Last edited by Chungsanity; 03-24-2009 at 11:44 PM.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:45 PM   #45
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

cuban linx is a flat out better album.

Jay is a better rapper, and the production is more polished (no way near better), after all it was a year later, but its a better album.

The album is only built for cuban linx. If you don't understand the above statement then

cuban linx is also commendable for its inventiveness and the ingenious was it illustrated a real live struggle at the current time in a giant metaphor.

it also follows a story that illustrates, quite entertainingly, Good people can do bad things if their situation bends them, but in the end they're still people.

cuban linx came with a culture (it even has it's own hair cut), its a fucking treasure chest of innovation laced together by a dominate moral conflict, story climax, character complexity, and fucking jewish blowy shirts.

Reasonable Doubt is a superior album with superior lyrics and superior beats.

cuban linx is still better.