news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

View Poll Results: Who is your favourate?
Jet Li 16 50.00%
Jackie Chan 16 50.00%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-31-2009, 05:35 AM   #121
hide1998
超黒人

hide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal son

Team Chan, anyone want to name a recent Jackie Chan movie even remotely as good as Fearless (Director's Cut)? I'll throw you a bone...a film HALF as good as Fearless (Director's Cut) will suffice.

"The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water" - Warcloud
hide1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 05:40 AM   #122
The Hound
Fuck the King

The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Why do you keep avoiding that Jackie Chan is overall better than Jet Li?

You keep talking about recent this, fearless that.

Face it, Jackie Chan's versatility > Jet Li's stare.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
I say nigga and i'm white
The Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 05:45 AM   #123
hide1998
超黒人

hide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by BONERFARM JERKERWRISTS View Post
Why do you keep avoiding that Jackie Chan is overall better than Jet Li?

You keep talking about recent this, fearless that.

Face it, Jackie Chan's versatility > Jet Li's stare.
Read my entire post, THEN reply.

Also, interesting how no one can name any recent output by Chan that's worth mentioning in the same breath of Fearless (which, again isn't Li's best film to alot of people.).

Old 03-31-2009, 05:47 AM   #124
hide1998
超黒人

Let's just close this thread with this....Chan is a better stuntman and funnier. Li is a better martial artist and more consistent. End thread.

Old 03-31-2009, 05:50 AM   #125
The Hound
Fuck the King

The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Kung Fu Panda > Fearless.

It's

Jackie Chan > Jet Li

not

Jackie Chan's filmography > Jet Li's filmography

Why you don't accept that Jackie Chan's versatility is beyond Jet Li's is incredible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
I say nigga and i'm white
The Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 05:51 AM   #126
ALCATRAZ
sleepless in basedworld

ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

has jet li innovated anything
ALCATRAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 06:37 AM   #127
hide1998
超黒人

Quote:
Kung Fu Panda > Fearless.
So there you have it. Jackie Chan has not been involved in anything even HALF as good as Fearless. This is, btw, several years removed from Jet Li's prime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakonitgod View Post
has jet li innovated anything
I know what you want me to say, so I'll throw you a bone just to be nice. Jet Li has not done all the crazy stunts that Jackie Chan use to do all himself. Jackie Chan was NOT the first to do that, but he is widely regarded as one of the big names in the industry to do so. So much in fact that he is still, to this day, banned by many insurance companies.

Innovation in terms of did Jet Li INVENT something? In that case, since Jackie Chan isn't the first to do crazy stunts all himself, not the first to do kung fu while being funny, and not the first to direct martial arts films while also starring in them, then the same question could be asked of Chan. You talk versatility, but when has Chan done SERIOUS roles that didn't involve ANY comedy (that were any good)? Jet Li has done martial arts comedies (that were good), serious martial arts films (that were good), and nowadays films that don't center around martial arts while STILL being good films (i.e.The Warlords).

Keeping things focused on screen ('cause once you start going all, "BUT JACKIE CHAN SINGS!!!" and none of you even bother to buy any his music then...) Sammo Hung does alot of what Chan does, difference being Chan is more charismatic with it. Li is easily one of the fastest, most precise, martial artists on screen. Only person really seeing him is Bruce Lee in that regard. Even Donnie Yen isn't as swift as Jet Li and precise on screen (although, in terms of forms, Donnie Yen may be seeing Jet Li. The man is incredible in his own right).

A Donnie Yen vs Jet Li, or Sammo Hung vs Jackie Chan thread would be infinitely more interesting. What we have here are a clash of styles. Niether is definitively better(?) than the other since they do such different things.

Generally speaking, you will find that most find Jet Li more consistent in terms of output unless you put a serious cap on output more than 10 years back on Jackie Chan filmography. So instead of talking about who is better overall (since that is impossible to define when dealing with 2 men so different), it's better to stick to stuff that can actually be measured in some objective way.

Martial Arts?
Jet Li is an actual martial artist with titles under his belt to prove it. Clearly he has this.

Stuntman?
Jackie Chan use to do all his own stunts himself, and today does a good majority of them. Clearly he has this.

Last edited by hide1998; 03-31-2009 at 09:21 AM.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:13 AM   #128
100pr00f
Deadly Venom

100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
So, now it's who is the better martial artists?

I thought this was overall who was better, which Jackie Clearly is.

Innovator.
Stuntman.
Director.
Pioneer.
Stunt INNOVATOR.
Fucking funny.
Pop star.

The guy was a breakthrough in the golden age.

Golden age <----- keyword.

Jet Li, whilst being extremely dope, is not on par with Jackie overall because Jackie does too many things better than most.

FOXNEWS.COM HOME > ENTERTAINMENT
Jackie Chan Admits He Is Not a Fan of 'Rush Hour' Films

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,298648,00.html

Versatility > comfort zone.

hahaha

ur forgetting one.....

the most bad movies made by one actor....u never answered my q ...i asked u to look up a movie...once u do ill drop over 20 more...so u will see all the bad movies he made

....stop battling... do the research i give u ...stop dogging and face

FACTS.........................................
100pr00f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 08:26 AM   #129
100pr00f
Deadly Venom

100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.RINO View Post
LOLL!! are u saying Jackie Chan isnt a legit martial artist? r u retarded?? jackie chan was part of the 70IES HONGKONG KUNG-FU ERA! the 70ies is what revolutionized the whole game of how they were makin them films! he was already fightin against Yuen Biao (kung fu legend) when jet li was still a schoolkid, Li did his first film in 82 (since u like talkin about ur 'so called' facts)

false...alot of the actors in the 70's didnt know kung fu...most were
Peking Opera School

thats were jackie started...manly teaches opera...(plays)
skills in tumbling........
thats were the stunt stuff comes from..man didnt know howto fight then they never tought em..he learnd threw making films

same as sammo......Yuen Biao...and alot of the shaw bros..actores...

70's thier were a few who knew the actual forums ..the movements of real kung fu and been tought thier whole life

bruce lee
gordon liu
jet li...trained in the 70's....made his break in 82

those are facts...not some ramblins from my brain like urs..

haha

peace
Old 03-31-2009, 09:38 AM   #130
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
btw,

Where are the Jet Li videogames? LOL thats the difference between michael jordan and kobe bryant

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:05 AM   #131
Rame
Wu Vatican

Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Stop misinterpreting. I didn't say one sucked, i actually clarified - in plain english - that 1% of his movies were the epic lameness that tuxedo was. Never did I say only one movie sucked.
And that isn't true.

+ You don't think lame/rubbish (as you called it) movies suck?

Rame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:10 AM   #132
100pr00f
Deadly Venom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAURO DA GRIM LATIN View Post
haha
Old 03-31-2009, 10:21 AM   #133
100pr00f
Deadly Venom

jackie chan as mr migi........thats true...and thats sad...he would jump into a remake staring will smiths son
Old 03-31-2009, 11:38 AM   #134
DrunkenMasta303
zui quan

DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DrunkenMasta303 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hide1998 View Post
In terms of martial arts Chan isn't seeing Li, that's a fact that Prof.Rino doesn't want to admit. It has been laid out WHY that is fact by me and others in this thread.
u said that Jackie Chan isnt a legit martial artist, and thats just WRONG. there are millions of martial arts fans worldwide BECAUSE of jackie chan. I know hes an actor 1st, but hes a martial artist 2ndly! the meaning of martial arts is ''honestly expressing yourself'' (u punch someone in the face and someone punches u back, thats honesty, thats martial arts), so Jackie Chan got his OWN WAY of fighting with his own arsenal of crazy tricks and flips that NOBODY can do except him (and this is not just acrobatics, this is martial arts too, or are u saying capoeira aint martial arts neither because theyre doing so many backflips and stuff), whereas jet li uses wires and even speed-ups in 80% OF HIS FIGHTSCENES, not his stunts, his fightscenes, thats FAKE martial arts, that shit is on some keanue reeves in matrix shit!
DrunkenMasta303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:41 AM   #135
hide1998
超黒人

Quote:
u said that Jackie Chan isnt a legit martial artist, and thats just WRONG. there are millions of martial arts fans worldwide BECAUSE of jackie chan. I know hes an actor 1st, but hes a martial artist 2ndly! the meaning of martial arts is ''honestly expressing yourself'' (u punch someone in the face and someone punches u back, thats honesty, thats martial arts), so Jackie Chan got his OWN WAY of fighting with his own arsenal of crazy tricks and flips that NOBODY can do except him (and this is not just acrobatics, this is martial arts too, or are u saying capoeira aint martial arts neither because theyre doing so many backflips and stuff), whereas jet li uses wires and even speed-ups in 80% OF HIS FIGHTSCENES, not his stunts, his fightscenes, thats FAKE martial arts, that shit is on some keanue reeves in matrix shit!
After all of that, I'm convinced that you're not old enough to type in this forum.

Just take the L, you're really not doing yourself any favors by typing responses like the one above.