news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 03-26-2009, 10:22 AM   #1
SL33
Hungry Hyena From Medina

SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default let's talk about LOUD Records.

all i know about LOUD is that they had Wu on their roster along with Mobb, Xzibit and Three Six Mafia, and that Steve Rifkind was/is a guy who knew to reckognize the talent of the wu.

but is it true that Clan was pushed in the whole Iron flag adventure by LOUD staff in order to save this label???

who else was there ????

is there anybody here who can confirm that Rifkind started the whole 'street team' thing?

if there was no Steve Rifkind we would never have posters like flipmode123 etc hahaha

Last edited by SL33; 03-26-2009 at 10:27 AM.
SL33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:28 AM   #2
Pattch82
The Drunken Flunky

Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Big Pun was on LOUD as well...

Dunno about the whole Iron Flag thing though...

Peace!
Pattch82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:31 AM   #3
Pattch82
The Drunken Flunky

Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Also...

Dead Prez
M.O.P.
Alkaholiks
Beatnuts

Were on LOUD too...

Peace!
Old 03-26-2009, 11:37 AM   #4
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

that was a fairly good roster, even if I don't like Mobb Deep too much, I must admit that. Every roster with Wu, Mobb and Pun would've been clearly one of the better ones [mainstream wise at least]
Old 03-26-2009, 11:51 AM   #5
Pattch82
The Drunken Flunky

And dont forget, they also put out some of the generals solo albums too... Decks first one, Rae's first two...

Peace!
Old 03-26-2009, 12:11 PM   #6
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Loud was a fucking crazy label when it first took off, the best hip-hop label in the '90s without a doubt. the first LP they released was "Enter The Wu-Tang" so Wu-Tang helped launch that shit. Mobb Deep was on there when they were still dope, M.O.P. dropped "Warriorz" on there in 2000, Cella Dwellas, Big Pun, Inspectah Deck, Raekwon, Sadat X, Prodigy's "HNIC", Xzibit when he was dope, Tha Alkhaholiks, Dead Prez and even Pete Rock and Beatnuts.. too bad that they had to close down, i doubt SRC will be as succesfull.

but yeah "Iron Flag" and Mobb Deep's "Infamy" was rushed by Loud to try to save the sinking ship.. i think both sold gold but it just wasn't enough, and both albums sounded rush. M.O.P. disses Loud and Steve Rifkind on a track from "Marxmen Cinema", can't remember the name of the joint though.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:27 PM   #7
SL33
Hungry Hyena From Medina

SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
Loud was a fucking crazy label when it first took off, the best hip-hop label in the '90s without a doubt. the first LP they released was "Enter The Wu-Tang" so Wu-Tang helped launch that shit. Mobb Deep was on there when they were still dope, M.O.P. dropped "Warriorz" on there in 2000, Cella Dwellas, Big Pun, Inspectah Deck, Raekwon, Sadat X, Prodigy's "HNIC", Xzibit when he was dope, Tha Alkhaholiks, Dead Prez and even Pete Rock and Beatnuts.. too bad that they had to close down, i doubt SRC will be as succesfull.

but yeah "Iron Flag" and Mobb Deep's "Infamy" was rushed by Loud to try to save the sinking ship.. i think both sold gold but it just wasn't enough, and both albums sounded rush. M.O.P. disses Loud and Steve Rifkind on a track from "Marxmen Cinema", can't remember the name of the joint though.

thanx.

steve rifkind has akon on SRC, right ??

Old 03-26-2009, 01:41 PM   #8
Rame
Wu Vatican

Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Lil Flip and a few others were on the label too.

Even Megadeth, lol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loud_Records
Rame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:57 PM   #9
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

there was also a rock group called stereo mud signed to loud. carson dailey even had a record label with loud, but it never took off because loud folded. don't forget rza had a joint venture with loud with his 36 records. the only thing ever released on that label was killarmy's fear love and war

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho....php?p=2318054
Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:14 PM   #10
BIRDCAGE
Vintage Wu

BIRDCAGE iron monkeyBIRDCAGE iron monkeyBIRDCAGE iron monkeyBIRDCAGE iron monkeyBIRDCAGE iron monkey

Steve Rifkind is a legend.

Wasen't Loud also the first Hip-hop label with Enhanced CD's?

BIRDCAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:21 PM   #11
SL33
Hungry Hyena From Medina

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIRDCAGE View Post
Steve Rifkind is a legend.

Wasen't Loud also the first Hip-hop label with Enhanced CD's?
hell on earth, right ?

Old 03-26-2009, 05:27 PM   #12
biggorfries
SLIMEY SAVAGE

biggorfries shaolin monk

Man, Killarmy's last album came out on Loud to. On 36 records, the wu-brand label of loud records owned by RZA... a couple of months later loud folded though, the album had therefore bad distribution and was kind of hard to find even (which resulted in low recordsales, it sold about 40.000 in its first month which would be a good nowadays!)
biggorfries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:39 PM   #13
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Tha Alkoholiks and The Beatnuts go together like Styx and Kansas, go seventies.

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:40 PM   #14
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL33 View Post
thanx.

steve rifkind has akon on SRC, right ??
Yes and I also think Capone-N-Noreaga's new album came out through SRC, and you can't forget that Rifkind hooked up with RZA and Wu again. "8 Diagrams" was released through SRC and Rifkind was even an executive producer together with RZA, Divine and Power (replacing Dennis Coles).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL33 View Post
hell on earth, right ?
My "Hell On Earth" CD says it's enhanced but when I play it on the computer it plays as a regular CD with the 14 standard tracks. I heard the enhanced CD has a bonus track featuring Infamous Mobb (i think) but i can't find it, do you need to lock it up or something??

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:49 PM   #15
SL33
Hungry Hyena From Medina

Quote:
Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
Yes and I also think Capone-N-Noreaga's new album came out through SRC, and you can't forget that Rifkind hooked up with RZA and Wu again. "8 Diagrams" was released through SRC and Rifkind was even an executive producer together with RZA, Divine and Power (replacing Dennis Coles).

My "Hell On Earth" CD says it's enhanced but when I play it on the computer it plays as a regular CD with the 14 standard tracks. I heard the enhanced CD has a bonus track featuring Infamous Mobb (i think) but i can't find it, do you need to lock it up or something??

true, true...i guess he regrets for that new wu venture, everybody got 1000000 $ and they took 75 k in first week.

i don't know really. i now there was a password on loud's site for some secret material from wu-forever, but i've never bothered with that. my hell on earth is bootlegged therefore i don't know.

Last edited by SL33; 03-26-2009 at 05:51 PM.