news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber > Album Reviews

View Poll Results: Birth Of A Prince
classic 18 12.33%
banger 83 56.85%
average 29 19.86%
mediocre 14 9.59%
wack 2 1.37%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-13-2005, 07:38 PM   #16
Dr Zayus
Wu Vatican

Dr Zayus drunken mastaDr Zayus drunken masta
Default Re: RZA - Birth Of A Prince

This album disappointed me. It lacked the replayability of RZA's earlier albums, but when I first heard it I LOVED it. These days I still listen to about half the joints regularly, but RZA's production was at times uninspired and I think he should have taken more time to make this album.. and less outside producers. Like it or not, RZA is defined by his production. I don't want guys trying to sound like RZA or how experimental they sound, because in the end they can't really complement RZA like he can himself.
Dr Zayus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 07:50 PM   #17
9th Warrior
The Poet You Never Were

9th Warrior crouching tiger
Send a message via AIM to 9th Warrior

digi in stereo is better, this album is better than bullet, but it also could hav been better
chi kung is best cut on there
Old 09-14-2005, 05:42 AM   #18
Literate Type Asshole
gullier than thou

Literate Type Asshole shaolin monk

wackness

1 Bob N'I ---------- 7/10 - alright, i guess. at least rza doesnt sound like a retard
2 The Grunge --------3/10 - reminds of "the chase". which is not good. rza sounds like a retard. would have made a good instrumental
3 We Pop ------------0/10 - horrific
4 Grits ft. Masta Killa ---------7/10 - rhymes aren't great from either but a nice song
5 Fast Cars ft. Ghostface Killah---------5/10 - beat is repetitive and lumbering. rza sounds like a retard. even ghost cant save it
6 Chi Kung ---------------5/10 nice beat. horrible hook. rza sounds like a retard. guest appearance (cilvaringz?) is boring. would have made a good instrumental
7 You'll Never Know ft. Cilvaringz----------4/10 by-the-numbers rza beat. weak cilvaringz verse. rza sounds like a retard. would have made a good instrumental
8 Drink, Smoke & Fuck -----------------3/10 - horrible "in stereo" style beat. rza sounds like a retard
9 The Whistle ft. Prodigal Sunn & Masta Killa-----------6/10 nice beat. horrible hook. rza sounds like a retard. shouldve just made this a prodigal & masta joint
10 Drop Off ft. Division ---------------- 3/10 - weak beat. rza sounds like a retard. wackalicious guest appearance from some no-name dudes
11 Wherever I go ft. Division -----------4/10 - boring beat. rza actually doesn't sound that retarded here but there is a wackalicious guest appearance from some no-name dudes (one of whom really needs to give jay-z his style back)
12 Koto Chotan ft. Masta Killa--------------6/10 - beat is a bit clumsy but i guess it works. rza only sounds mildly retarded here at least. masta is real nice, but whoever that chick is is really horrible
13 A Day To God is a 1000 Years --------5/10 mindless muddled rambling. shoudlnt even be mentioned in the same sentence as sunshower. beat is ok.
14 Cherry Range ft. Beretta 9--------2/10 beat sounds like a digitized fart. wack hook. rza sounds like a retard. beretta 9 is as boring as ever
15 The Birth------- 6/10 very nice beat but rza still sounds kinda retarded even if his lyrics are good here at least
16 See The Joy -----3/10 a very half-assed concept song with a boring beat. rza sounds like a retard
Literate Type Asshole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 12:06 PM   #19
Orion Nebulus
Scientifical Ninja

Orion Nebulus drunken mastaOrion Nebulus drunken masta

I remembered when it first came out...it was in such short notice too...Rza coming out with an album is a must have. "Birth of a Prince" is a great album!!! It was the transformation of Bobby D to Prince Rakeem. Joints that stand out is "Fast Cars"..."A day to God is a 1000 years"...."The birth"....classic Rza.."Koto Chotan"....and "Chi Kung"....the flow and the beat to that joint is sooo dope and hypnotic LOL!! Now "Return of the Prince" looms over the horizon.

"One arm bandit..stab companions with intricate sentences...battle crews single- handed..with cannons that blow you from here to other planets."
Orion Nebulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 12:26 PM   #20
213ninja
5 percenter

213ninja grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to 213ninja

i think this album is great. chi kung is the hottest and something about the drums and guitar riff in koto chotan make it one of my favorites. i would however, like to have seen more official wu cameos.

on my RZA solo scale, this album ties up with digi in stereo, then comes digi bullet....
Old 09-14-2005, 12:36 PM   #21
WU-KILLAH
Commando Ultra

WU-KILLAH grasshopper

Quote:
beat sounds like a digitized fart
lol ahahah that's the truth !!!
Old 09-14-2005, 01:00 PM   #22
Antibody
Formerly Arsehole

Antibody grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Literate Type Asshole
wackness

1 Bob N'I ---------- 7/10 - alright, i guess. at least rza doesnt sound like a retard
2 The Grunge --------3/10 - reminds of "the chase". which is not good. rza sounds like a retard. would have made a good instrumental
4 Grits ft. Masta Killa ---------7/10 - rhymes aren't great from either but a nice song
5 Fast Cars ft. Ghostface Killah---------5/10 - beat is repetitive and lumbering. rza sounds like a retard. even ghost cant save it
6 Chi Kung ---------------5/10 nice beat. horrible hook. rza sounds like a retard. guest appearance (cilvaringz?) is boring. would have made a good instrumental
7 You'll Never Know ft. Cilvaringz----------4/10 by-the-numbers rza beat. weak cilvaringz verse. rza sounds like a retard. would have made a good instrumental
8 Drink, Smoke & Fuck -----------------3/10 - horrible "in stereo" style beat. rza sounds like a retard
9 The Whistle ft. Prodigal Sunn & Masta Killa-----------6/10 nice beat. horrible hook. rza sounds like a retard. shouldve just made this a prodigal & masta joint
10 Drop Off ft. Division ---------------- 3/10 - weak beat. rza sounds like a retard. wackalicious guest appearance from some no-name dudes
11 Wherever I go ft. Division -----------4/10 - boring beat. rza actually doesn't sound that retarded here but there is a wackalicious guest appearance from some no-name dudes (one of whom really needs to give jay-z his style back)
12 Koto Chotan ft. Masta Killa--------------6/10 - beat is a bit clumsy but i guess it works. rza only sounds mildly retarded here at least. masta is real nice, but whoever that chick is is really horrible
13 A Day To God is a 1000 Years --------5/10 mindless muddled rambling. shoudlnt even be mentioned in the same sentence as sunshower. beat is ok.
14 Cherry Range ft. Beretta 9--------2/10 beat sounds like a digitized fart. wack hook. rza sounds like a retard. beretta 9 is as boring as ever
15 The Birth------- 6/10 very nice beat but rza still sounds kinda retarded even if his lyrics are good here at least
16 See The Joy -----3/10 a very half-assed concept song with a boring beat. rza sounds like a retard
just wondering, do you like RZA at all?
Old 09-14-2005, 01:48 PM   #23
Literate Type Asshole
gullier than thou

he's probably one of my favorite musicians of all time and my favorite hip hop producer so yeah, just a little

and before bobby digital in stereo he was very dope on the mic. now he's awful
Old 09-14-2005, 02:11 PM   #24
My First Timbs
rationalist

My First Timbs drunken mastaMy First Timbs drunken masta

Quote:

this is what ive been sayin since the album dropped.. i have no idea why people praise this song as if its some highly intellectual metaphorical masterpiece.. a child could of made that song its so simple and half assed

Available Worldwide via these book sellers:
Barnes and Noble Bookfinder.com
Amazon.com Trafford Publishing Target
My First Timbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 06:26 AM   #25
mastapowerful
Veteran Member

mastapowerful iron monkeymastapowerful iron monkeymastapowerful iron monkeymastapowerful iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Literate Type Asshole
wackness

Your post ----- 0/10 You kinda sound like a retard. will print it out and use as toilet paper.

mastapowerful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 07:35 AM   #26
Literate Type Asshole
gullier than thou

oh dude i just like got totally burned dude
Old 09-15-2005, 11:30 AM   #27
WU-KILLAH
Commando Ultra

WU-KILLAH grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by My First Timbs
this is what ive been sayin since the album dropped.. i have no idea why people praise this song as if its some highly intellectual metaphorical masterpiece.. a child could of made that song its so simple and half assed
I agree with that ... plus it's hard for me to understand why so much people are jerking off listening to 1 day to God ....
Old 09-15-2005, 11:32 AM   #28
My First Timbs
rationalist

My First Timbs drunken mastaMy First Timbs drunken masta

Quote:
Originally Posted by WU-KILLAH
I agree with that ... plus it's hard for me to understand why so much people are jerking off listening to 1 day to God ....
ahahahahahahhahahaha exactly !!!

Available Worldwide via these book sellers:
Barnes and Noble Bookfinder.com
Amazon.com Trafford Publishing Target
My First Timbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 04:21 PM   #29
krazi m.i.c.

krazi m.i.c. grasshopper

7.5/10
krazi m.i.c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 12:09 AM   #30
the insignificant
SLIMEY SAVAGE

the insignificant shaolin monk

1 Bob N'I 3/5... nice old school shoutout i guess...
2 The Grunge 4/5... lyrically not brilliant, but the beat more than makes up for it...
3 We Pop 1/5... just don't like it much...
4 Grits ft. Masta Killa 4/5... the beat is a little repetitive... otherwise awesome...
5 Fast Cars ft. Ghostface Killah 4.5/5... love the beat...
6 Chi Kung 4/5... i like the beat and rza's delivery... the hook catches some flack, but to me it fits...
7 You'll Never Know ft. Cilvaringz 3.5... the beat is a little too repetitive... i love the drums though... the verses are pretty good i guess...
8 Drink, Smoke & Fuck 3/5... hate the concept and the chorus of this song... a shame, because the beat and the verses don't sound that bad...
9 The Whistle ft. Prodigal Sunn & Masta Killa 4.5/5... loses 0.5 for the chorus... since it's called the whistle, the hook should have just been the whistle, it would have been perfect...
10 Drop Off ft. Division 2/5... the verses are the only saving graces...
11 Wherever I go ft. Division 4/5... don't mind this at all... nice beat to nod your head to...
12 Koto Chotan ft. Masta Killa 4.5/5... love the beat and masta killah is in the form of his life here... the chick at the end cops flack, but she only sounds inferior because of how good the mk verse before hers is...
13 A Day To God is a 1000 Years 4.5/5... i like this a lot... the beat is unbelievable...
14 Cherry Range ft. Beretta 9 2/5... can't get past the beat... it's just crap...
15 The Birth 5/5... awesome beat and i love the way rza changes his delivery for the second verse...
16 See The Joy 3.5/5... interesting beat... but it's a stupid way to finish an album...
the insignificant is offline   Reply With Quote