news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber > Album Reviews

View Poll Results: Birth Of A Prince
classic 18 12.33%
banger 83 56.85%
average 29 19.86%
mediocre 14 9.59%
wack 2 1.37%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-20-2006, 01:13 PM   #46
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms
Default poll

poll for BOAP
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 11:09 AM   #47
357 NYC

357 NYC grasshopper

I Fuckin Hated This Album..really
357 NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 12:23 PM   #48
famenchuan
Wu Vatican

famenchuan iron monkeyfamenchuan iron monkeyfamenchuan iron monkeyfamenchuan iron monkeyfamenchuan iron monkey

Last edited by famenchuan; 07-06-2006 at 09:18 AM.
famenchuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:17 AM   #49
famenchuan
Wu Vatican

famenchuan iron monkeyfamenchuan iron monkeyfamenchuan iron monkeyfamenchuan iron monkeyfamenchuan iron monkey

Personally i dont like the Bobby Digital music but the Prince Rakeem tracks were excellent. He should of made the whole album with Prince Rakeem tracks and got rid of the Bobby Digital stuff.
famenchuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:32 AM   #50
crass
Wise to da game

crass crouching tiger

i vote "mediocre." some of the wackest RZA shit ever put on record here. hooks are awful. the first 10 songs are non-stop bobby digital ramblings and then he even has the nerve to say later "don't call me bobby digital!" some might argue the album is supposed to show the transformation from Digital to Prince rakeem, but if that's the case, why waste over half an album of bobby digital? if he wanted to show that transformation he shoulda just made an album with NO bob digi.

that's what he marketed this as, the first album as "RZA" but it's a straight bob digi album that ends with four attempts at serious lyrics (ie weak metaphors).

a couple good songs keep this from being a completely wack album, such as grits, the opening track, and uh one or two others. i like masta on this LP more than RZA
Old 07-11-2006, 09:40 AM   #51
9th Warrior
The Poet You Never Were

9th Warrior crouching tiger
Send a message via AIM to 9th Warrior

i voted banger, even tho most shit is whack, some of the tracks on here are too good to hate on:
Bob N' I
Chi-Kung
Koto Chotan
The Whistle
The Birth
Grits
You'll Never Know ( RZA verses are sick )
Wherever I Go ( is ok )
the rest of the songs REALLY suck tho...
8/10
Old 07-11-2006, 12:41 PM   #52
Grongle
Young Granger

Grongle grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Grongle Send a message via MSN to Grongle

banger m theres some cool tracks on there
Old 07-16-2006, 11:02 PM   #53
deadlymelody
Wu Vatican

deadlymelody grasshopper

I really enjoy this album. And You'll Never Know is awesome. Digital RIPPED that song.
Old 07-17-2006, 01:09 AM   #54
crass
Wise to da game

crass crouching tiger

anyone debating between this or Digital Bullet, go DB ALL THE WAY
Old 07-21-2006, 06:57 AM   #55
aken23

aken23 grasshopper

good album but by far his worst imo
aken23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 10:07 AM   #56
abasi
Veteran Member

abasi grasshopper

Good album the 2nd half was superb
abasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 06:55 AM   #57
Ink Is My Drink
Veteran Member

Ink Is My Drink shaolin monk

i only jus picked up this album a couple weeks ago haha got it for £3 so cant complain

good tracks: grits ( i love this track best on the album in my opinion)
chi kung (on som chinese type beat its pretty good)
wherever i go ( i jus generally like the beat is cool. and rza reveals he no longer bobby)
koto chotan ( i love the beat ansd the lyrics are alright too, not bad)
cherry range
see the joy (i just like the concept to the song its good)

not so good tracks:
drink smoke and fuik (its just shit really)
the whistle (the hook makes me want to die)
drop off (once again just ebcause the hook . i think shit hooks just fuk the whole song up)
a day to god is 1000 years ( i seriously hate the beat dont get me wrong the lyrics are good but thsat ebat jus kills it for me)
the birth (its just too slow and boring)

the problem with this album is the good tracks arnt really that amazing there good but just nothing that special. which is a shame because it really needed som good tracks to help you ignore some of the really bad tracks and the big amount of average tracks.

if you see it cheap then yeh its worth buying (or if you a collector its def worth getting too. or you prob got it ages ago haha im abit late) but if you tight with your money when buying cds then avoid this
Ink Is My Drink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 10:18 AM   #58
pak_sharpe

pak_sharpe grasshopper

didnt get it digital bullet is so much better i wont spin it
Old 10-10-2006, 11:11 AM   #59
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

dear god what is wrong with you people? did ya even give it a chance?

heres my review feel free to trash it, keep in mind that i rate harsher than most, i dont give a 5 arbitrarally

1. Bob n I 4* The intro song says it all.... its a changing of the guard , then starts with a break beat! i thot of words from the genius on this one good memories. Sha NA NA!!!!

2.the grunge 3* too short or else a 4 "butta pec(an) make my nut all weak"

3. We pop 3* as far as i can tell this is the last bobby song besides drink smoke fcuk which i didnt like that much either. weird popish beat

4 Grits 4* great visualisation here like a ghost or gza story, never was a strongpoint for rza but really is here close to classic status, but has a poor replay value

5 Fast cars 4* Decent hook good vocals good beat "I got 2 hands but im known to carry three glocks" "sing a sick silky six syllable stanza...."

6 Chi Kung 5* this is what wu tang is all about its the original style, whats the problem here? kung fu beat quotables gallore "5 poisons from the clan theres no remedy we dispell the smell of wickedness in our vicinity" "XO hennesy jack daniel tennessee whiskey got these groupie bitches actin frisky"

7 Youll never know 4* enuff of the fam just rep RZA, RZA "i shud stick a long silver hook down ya throat and snatch out ya vocals bitch my eyes is black opal reflecting this 2.2 kilogram mack that smoke you" "and i love u like the pharoh love joseph the jews love moses like a man bending down on 1 knee before he proposes..."

8 drink smoke fcuk 2* i hope bobby dies with this 1. mindless

9 the whistle 3* nothing outstanding the beat can give ya a headache if u listen too much

10 the drop off 4* once again leave the fam at home and rep Rza. his verse is so sick "I got many whips many clips many chicks and my dick been sucked by many lips..." banga

11wherever i go 3* lackluster track best verse once again by rza

12 Koto Chotan 4*same formula as chi kung effective as hell "babes in wonderland wonderin where'n the fuck alice is, while u jerkin your dick catchin mad callouses.." pretty much sums up all the haters of this album

13 A Day to god is 1000 years 5* classic verses classic beat (sampled from a late 70s early 80s tv show not sure which, remember it from when i was a kid) most people cant understand this song because it is just way too profound,but dont worry u may some day. this is knowledge. rips it right out of the gate with "The a1 sauce of divine force...."WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!

14 cherry range 2* ugh beat coulda left this off

15 the birth 4* this is a heavy heavy song the lyrics are eye openers and if the beat was better id give it a 5 "we the people were supposed to be equal, but the men who wrote that they was evil..."

16 the joy 2* tries to be cleaver like gza or ghosts underwater but fails miserably this is forgettable too

ok so if i add it up 56 divided by 16 songs=3.5 exactly between above average and great

my other reviews so far
the w 3.5
iron flag 3.6

now go ahead tear me apart

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans

Last edited by beautifulrock; 10-10-2006 at 11:14 AM.
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 12:42 AM   #60
LORD ZERO
THE SHADOW DRAGON

LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to LORD ZERO Send a message via MSN to LORD ZERO Send a message via Yahoo to LORD ZERO
Default Rza - Birth Of A Prince

Finally Takin A Good Peep Into This Album, Didnt Really Think I Would Feel It The Way I Am......but I Am Personally, Pretty Ill Album The Only Downside To Me Is Theres Too Many Features On It.....cilvaringz, Ghostface, Division, Masta Killa, Erica Bryant [who's She], Tash Mahogany, Prodigal Sunn, Etc, Not Exactly Bob Digi Status But Its A Good Cop For Da Die Hard Fans Out There

7.5/10
LORD ZERO is offline   Reply With Quote