news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 04-03-2009, 06:47 PM   #1
wuswordz95
Veteran Member

wuswordz95 drunken mastawuswordz95 drunken mastawuswordz95 drunken masta
Default a question u must answer

just wandering do any of you wu fans have a hate for the in crowd. do you hate populaur stuff and perfer stuff others dont like? im not much in to what everyone likes. I hate mainstream wanna be hip hop. i do respect ludacris .
young jezzy is cool but i hate that southern sound. lil wayne worked his ass off to get where he is at despite that I still hate his voice. akon and t pain are like nails on a chalkboard.

the last big mainstream hip hop album that i bought was nelly country grammer.

I like underground hip hop. its awesome. whenever i go to an underground event. most cats love the wu. the back packers are mykind of people. they dress like poor white/mexican /asain trash. u wouldnt think they like hip hop.
I love it when two black guys watch a backpacker show and enjoy it.
at times i wanna tell them you niggas aint felling that mainstream you perfer brother ali. im afraid ill gett punched in the jewels.

in closing are any of u people on the board a wu fan that dresses like a bum and loves backpacking music.
wuswordz95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 06:54 PM   #2
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I think people like Brother Ali have more variety than most rappers, u.g. or mainstream. Him, Tonedeff, Slug, Blu, Panacea, Sage Francis & Aesop are giving us the most honest raps/music we can hear, I don't know why people hate on them, especially on this board. Being a wutang fan should mean you like variety, right?

I like Joe Budden, it think what he is doing is something special. The same with Lupe. And again, they are hated too.

I'm starting to see the patern. Every fan that likes old legends/'legends', like Nas and Mobb Deep, will never accept the new wave of being better rappers. I still think that there were better and more focused albums in this decade as far as hiphop goes.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:50 PM   #3
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i like what appeals to me; if it's popular fine, if it's not fine

the definition/concept of a bakpacker has been redefined and co-opted over the past few years as well

this thread is....interesting

i can't wait till tsa or ghostlaced comes through
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:54 PM   #4
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wera View Post
I think people like Brother Ali have more variety than most rappers, u.g. or mainstream. Him, Tonedeff, Slug, Blu, Panacea, Sage Francis & Aesop are giving us the most honest raps/music we can hear, I don't know why people hate on them, especially on this board. Being a wutang fan should mean you like variety, right?

I like Joe Budden, it think what he is doing is something special. The same with Lupe. And again, they are hated too.

I'm starting to see the patern. Every fan that likes old legends/'legends', like Nas and Mobb Deep, will never accept the new wave of being better rappers. I still think that there were better and more focused albums in this decade as far as hiphop goes.
because a lot of those guys lack charisma and mic prescence and/or have irritating voices, and have this sense of arrogance and self righteousness that's annoying. I like some of Brother Ali's stuff but he comes across as holier-than-thou on some of his tracks and that's just as grating as the generic mainstream idiot talking about his wealth or alcohol or whatever. Many underground mcs suffer from this.

And nothing this decade is touching 36 chambers, cuban linx, de la soul is dead, illmatic, 6 feet deep....as far as cohesion and focus. I agree the lyrics may be more personal or profound, but the early-mid 90s stuff is way more focused and most importantly, entertaining.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:55 PM   #5
NIGHT MAYOR
tha VIKING gawd

NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i think alot of people wont listen to anything thats not underground, and its stupid realy music is music, these people that only listen to indy music and stuff just want to be ahead of the crowd and introducing people to new artists, which aint bad, but realy some "popular" music is dope as fuck.

humans are pack animals.

NIGHT MAYOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:07 PM   #6
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

^^^true; many people listen to music as a way to project a self-image rather than for it's own enjoyment. i think once you mature though you can enjoy music without an agenda.

what's the story on the sig man? she's cute
Old 04-03-2009, 08:22 PM   #7
kwabena1041
Veteran Member

kwabena1041 crouching tigerkwabena1041 crouching tiger

you actually bought a nelly album

kwabena1041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:43 PM   #8
biblebullet
Veteran Member

biblebullet shaolin monk
Send a message via MSN to biblebullet Send a message via Yahoo to biblebullet

i listen to all kinds of music, once it is good to my ears i listen it. Mainstream or underground, rapping or singing or straight up instrumental i listen to all that without an agenda but for specific purposes and modes
Old 04-03-2009, 08:56 PM   #9
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I don't have a problem with mainstream. It just gets stupid after a short while. For instance for the past week I forgot to take some CDs with me in the car most days and I was commuting after the Dean Blundell show was over on EDGE 102.1. For the stations that play that mainstream shit its the same fuckin 5 songs over and over again. I set the dial to JAZZ 91 and it was good again.

I agree with you that Luda is sick.

I don't know about some backpack stuff. I like Pete Rock, 7L & ES, K-Rino, Gangstarr but I don't like that Def Jux type stuff.

And I like Wu-Tang a lot. I became the Obama of this forum from posting about this rap music.

Oh yeah I don't dress bummy, I wear some gangster full length wool coats in the winter and linen blazers in the summer.

Prolifical ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:07 PM   #10
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwabena1041 View Post
you actually bought a nelly album
the all time greatest animated gif

is he drinking ripple?

i used to dress bummy until i realized that you only get gutterbutt/druggy chicks that way
Old 04-03-2009, 09:16 PM   #11
staycreepin_n_silence
Veteran Member

staycreepin_n_silence shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuswordz95 View Post
just wandering do any of you wu fans have a hate for the in crowd.
Hell naw I just love doing me

Quote:
do you hate populaur stuff and perfer stuff others dont like? im not much in to what everyone likes. I hate mainstream wanna be hip hop. i do respect ludacris .
I like all kinds of music. I didn't at first but I got tired of the same stuff and a lot of it is pretty ok. But I would like to know who made you some kind of a judge to say what's real hip hop and what's not? I don't like non-American rap but it still hip hop

Quote:
young jezzy is cool but i hate that southern sound. lil wayne worked his ass off to get where he is at despite that I still hate his voice. akon and t pain are like nails on a chalkboard.
The sound isn't for everyone. Just like underground isn't for everyone. I for one thinks the only difference between the "main" and "under" is that the mainstream is known and the underground isn't. Both are filled with garbage emcees mediocre songs and boring beats. Some good and soom not. I agree lil wayne has made it and he deserve all of the lime light he can get. I'm not a fan but don't want to rain on his shine. It's not a sound for everyone sorry

Quote:
the last big mainstream hip hop album that i bought was nelly country grammer.
Probably the last album you brought period

Quote:
I like underground hip hop. its awesome. whenever i go to an underground event. most cats love the wu. the back packers are mykind of people. they dress like poor white/mexican /asain trash. u wouldnt think they like hip hop.
What does demographics have to do with this? Sounds like you are saying that most hip hop fans are the ghetto/trailer trash of the community? We can't be intelligent and dress in suit and tie?

Quote:
I love it when two black guys watch a backpacker show and enjoy it.
Again what race has to do with anything? Can we as people within the hiphop community come together no matter race, gender or music preferences?

Quote:
at times i wanna tell them you niggas aint felling that mainstream you perfer brother ali. im afraid ill gett punched in the jewels.
And when you do, I think I would enjoy the ass beating more than I would enjoy the back packers show.

Quote:
in closing are any of u people on the board a wu fan that dresses like a bum and loves backpacking music.
U people? okay so you are seperating us (blacks) or (assumed blacks) to you other or (white/hispanic or asian)?

Honestly I do not dress like a bum and I don't know what is back packers music. I don't even acknowledge that to be into my idea of what hip hop is. What is a back packer? All over my college campus you have dudes that wears back packs on all the time. When at parties, shows, on camapus in the store. I assumed they where stealing shit.

To anser your question No

Blood of a Slave Heart of a King. BraveHeart
staycreepin_n_silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:23 PM   #12
YungSunny
Buddha Blessed

YungSunny drunken mastaYungSunny drunken masta

I like backpacker hip-hop and wu-tang, obviously, but I don't dress bummy.
I'm fresh as hell, fuck that.
I don't really have a certain type of hip-hop I like.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:23 PM   #13
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

^^^on point; the illusory stratification/categorization of hiphop into mainstream/underground is a divide and conquer strategy

cosign on the dress-code comments too---i don't dress 'hiphop' at all; probably why i'm in management while these 'underground white trash backpacker' cats work at wendy's
Old 04-03-2009, 09:28 PM   #14
noel411
The ABBOTT

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I listen to music which pleases my ears.

It's that simple.

I wear clothes which are my older brother's hand me downs or given to me for birthdays or whatever. Now and then I'll buy some cheap, plain singlets, jeans, jumpers, t-shirts, or boardshorts.

It's that simple.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:28 PM   #15
YungSunny
Buddha Blessed

YungSunny drunken mastaYungSunny drunken masta

Quote:
Originally Posted by staycreepin_n_silence View Post
We can't dress in suit and tie?
Haha, no.
That's just awkward.
Imagine your boss (or moreso, imagine you work at some kind of firm) walks into the elevator with you with headphones on, singing "THIS IS HOW WE CHILL FROM 93 TILL"...
It's just awkward.