news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 04-04-2009, 12:02 AM   #16
Dominus Santorini
Mauling Panda's Rampage

Dominus Santorini crouching tiger
Send a message via ICQ to Dominus Santorini Send a message via AIM to Dominus Santorini Send a message via MSN to Dominus Santorini

I like all hip hop. Underground, Mainstream, and Commercial.

I can't stand wack hip hop. That's about it.
Dominus Santorini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 05:29 AM   #17
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I tend to not follow a lot of mainstream stuff, or things of that nature - popular opinions, tv shows, music, gods
I mean I'll listen to something if I like it, I don't dismiss music on the basis of it being popular or not - but 99% of new hip hop does not move me.

and I got mad fresh style even when I'm goin to the grocery sto to pick up a gallon of water
sometimes I'll throw on a fancy sport jacket over my wu-tang t-shirt and basketball shorts just to be stupid while I pump gas in this redneck ass area
what
Old 04-04-2009, 05:39 AM   #18
YungSunny
Buddha Blessed

YungSunny drunken mastaYungSunny drunken masta

Wu-wear isn't style.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:52 AM   #19
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

it's my style punk
but I usually wear some fly ecko gear too
wally timbs
besides, if you got a nice lookin sport blazer it will make anything else you have on look good, I don't care if its pajamas and a wife beater

Last edited by Mumm Ra; 04-04-2009 at 06:50 AM.
Mumm Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:17 AM   #20
zooruka

zooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal son

im funny i will listen some mainstream shit (usually when i dont have anything else to listen to) then after listening to it i will put on some ill hard ass raps and think to myself w.t.f how the heck was i bobbing my head to that lame ass shit....then i realise how gay it is and end up feeling like a corny ass mutha.

peace
zooruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:47 AM   #21
White Owl Clan
Veteran Member

White Owl Clan shaolin monk

1. I AM the in crowd. 2. you bought a nelly album?
White Owl Clan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:48 AM   #22
White Owl Clan
Veteran Member

www.myspace.com/geedubsgiftedhoods

hes the in crowd also...
Old 04-04-2009, 06:49 AM   #23
White Owl Clan
Veteran Member

and theres no such thing as fly echo gear =P
Old 04-04-2009, 07:09 AM   #24
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

uh huh
I use my ecko gear as parachutes in my model rockets I make outta pvc pipe
shit flies so far you can barely see it
Old 04-04-2009, 07:16 AM   #25
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Owl Clan View Post
www.myspace.com/geedubsgiftedhoods

hes the in crowd also...
if he is fly

then you are correct, I am not fly
Old 04-04-2009, 07:20 AM   #26
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

you gotta understand that I live in Grand Rapids
aka the black hole (no racial connotation)
97% of the time I'm lookin better than anyone else wherever I go around here
Old 04-04-2009, 09:08 AM   #27
starkeylove
The Real Tony Starks

starkeylove crouching tiger

I got the hate on...can't stand peopel who follow the flock just b/c the radio says it's 'cool',
yes AKON, you suck!
Old 04-04-2009, 09:25 AM   #28
BGS
aka Dun Jones

BGS iron monkeyBGS iron monkeyBGS iron monkeyBGS iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkeylove View Post
I got the hate on...can't stand peopel who follow the flock just b/c the radio says it's 'cool',
yes AKON, you suck!
co-sign!! i think akon is the artist i hate the most..his voice, his lyrics everything is just terrible!!
BGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 03:31 PM   #29
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vay727 View Post
because a lot of those guys lack charisma and mic prescence and/or have irritating voices, and have this sense of arrogance and self righteousness that's annoying. I like some of Brother Ali's stuff but he comes across as holier-than-thou on some of his tracks and that's just as grating as the generic mainstream idiot talking about his wealth or alcohol or whatever. Many underground mcs suffer from this.

And nothing this decade is touching 36 chambers, cuban linx, de la soul is dead, illmatic, 6 feet deep....as far as cohesion and focus. I agree the lyrics may be more personal or profound, but the early-mid 90s stuff is way more focused and most importantly, entertaining.
^^^^^^^^anything Cunninlyguists, Slug and One Be Lo done can compare or is better. I still stand by my point, this decade has more of the better music.
+ Def Jux ERA >>>> Wu-Tang ERA for me. Both have their advantages, but also I was disappointed by the Wu so many times....never happened with Def Juxxies.

Yeah, there ain't no Biggie or Big L anymore....but to say hiphop hasn't progressed, IT'S IGNORANT or you just don't know the scene anymore.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:53 PM   #30
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

cunninlynguists and one be lo are both great i'll give you that (a piece of strange and s.o.n.o.g.r.a.m. are 2 of my favorite hip hop albums period) slug bores me to tears, it's just so mundane and pedestrian, the sentiments are there, but it's not appealing to me...i'll give you cold vein, fantastic damage, i'll sleep when you're dead, i phantom, labor days, murs and 9th wonder's 1st album, the listening, monkey barz, game theory,and be as examples of great 21st century hiphop, but to say def jux era>>>>wu-tang era is ridiculous. sure wu has been disappointing for the past few years, i'll agree with that (i was one of the people who posted that currently wu and its affiliates have more wack albums than good and got attacked for it) but 93-98 wu and affiliated is the pinnacle of hiphop. all of the albums i've named in this post can compare quite favorably to 90s classics, but there was definitely more of a consistent stream of quality material back then as opposed to now. it is so rare for an album to rise above mediocrity now.

fuck biggie and big l anyway, they're not the be all end all of this shit, and where's the progression? (i don't recall saying there was no progression in the post you replied to, in fact I acknowledged that some newer stuff may be more 'personal' or 'profound', but where would an internet forum be without ad hominem attacks like 'it's IGNORANT or you just don't know the scene anymore' ?) Do me favor (because I like good music), name some albums made in the last 2 years that are even worth of classic or superior status...undisputedly superior, not sage francis, slug, eyedea claptrap.
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote