news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 04-04-2009, 07:23 PM   #31
Afficial_Nastee
Non Ignorants

Afficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal son

I listen to Hardcore Hip-Hop , Acid Rap, Horrorcore you know, but there's nothing wrong with some Metal or some Funk....

And I dress up with some baggy sweatpants or baggy jeans with some basketball sneakers or Timbs and a baggy NY Yankees jacket or some Detroit Tigers shirt ( I don't really follow these teams but I wear them cuz I like the Hip-Hop that's comin' outta those cities) or otherwise some Onyx Madface shirt or some regular baggy black sweaters and I've got a Wu-Tang sweater too , I still gotta get some army fatigues stuff cuz that stuff is just mad dope.
I just keep it Grimy and Hardcore.....
Afficial_Nastee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 04:46 AM   #32
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vay727 View Post
cunninlynguists and one be lo are both great i'll give you that (a piece of strange and s.o.n.o.g.r.a.m. are 2 of my favorite hip hop albums period) slug bores me to tears, it's just so mundane and pedestrian, the sentiments are there, but it's not appealing to me...i'll give you cold vein, fantastic damage, i'll sleep when you're dead, i phantom, labor days, murs and 9th wonder's 1st album, the listening, monkey barz, game theory,and be as examples of great 21st century hiphop, but to say def jux era>>>>wu-tang era is ridiculous. sure wu has been disappointing for the past few years, i'll agree with that (i was one of the people who posted that currently wu and its affiliates have more wack albums than good and got attacked for it) but 93-98 wu and affiliated is the pinnacle of hiphop. all of the albums i've named in this post can compare quite favorably to 90s classics, but there was definitely more of a consistent stream of quality material back then as opposed to now. it is so rare for an album to rise above mediocrity now.

fuck biggie and big l anyway, they're not the be all end all of this shit, and where's the progression? (i don't recall saying there was no progression in the post you replied to, in fact I acknowledged that some newer stuff may be more 'personal' or 'profound', but where would an internet forum be without ad hominem attacks like 'it's IGNORANT or you just don't know the scene anymore' ?) Do me favor (because I like good music), name some albums made in the last 2 years that are even worth of classic or superior status...undisputedly superior, not sage francis, slug, eyedea claptrap.

^^^^ok I'm sorry about the not knowing hiphop, u clearly do.

but to not mention Sage - Death the human dance...yeah, it isn't that regular rap, but he has flowz, deliveries and sick, poignant lyrics.

Pharaohe Monch - Desire. Too short? Yeah... Too much singin? Yeah, that too, but he's making real, beautiful music...I hope this album will be appreciated more through the years.

[lol just remembered, Atmosphere - When life gives you.... was the best album for many last year. Not me, but it was something special. Sorry for mentioning Slug again.]

Ok, u already mentioned El-P [another quite different hiphop album].

DJ Muggs vs. Sick Jacken - The mask and the Assassin. Prolly my fav. album of this decade. Sick storytelling, best Muggs work for me [don't hate me people, it's just my opinion, you can't front on these beats]

I guess Pseudo Intellectuals aren't your piece of the pie neither. Hm, let me think some more...

I really, really like Shad - The Old Prince. I think he'll be the next One Be Lo if he comes through.

Don't know about you, but I think Killah Priest - The Offering was a classic. [I like BTSG more tho, funny]

You've heard the QTip album? It's debateable if that's a classic.

Panacea - Ink is my Drink & A Ship through.... well, two classic albums IMO. Can't get more softer than this haha.....I think Ink is 2007, I'm not sure

and the album Insight did with one producer I forgot about that one now....what is it?

man, there are some really dope 2007 releases [2008 was kinda sucky, only like 4 albums, maybe five that could end up being classic one day], I can't remember them all now, but I'm gonna hit u up by PM. Peace

[p.s.: Def Jux era is still happening IMO. Maybe one day I'll compare them shits, just for fun]
Old 04-05-2009, 05:03 AM   #33
KZA
COME AT ME BRO

KZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to KZA

no. I can enjoy both.

I don't like backpackers who think ahh the radio sucks listen to this because its not played on the radio. they act like a scientologist at times its annoying (some not all)

KZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:39 AM   #34
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wera View Post
^^^^ok I'm sorry about the not knowing hiphop, u clearly do.

but to not mention Sage - Death the human dance...yeah, it isn't that regular rap, but he has flowz, deliveries and sick, poignant lyrics.

Pharaohe Monch - Desire. Too short? Yeah... Too much singin? Yeah, that too, but he's making real, beautiful music...I hope this album will be appreciated more through the years.

[lol just remembered, Atmosphere - When life gives you.... was the best album for many last year. Not me, but it was something special. Sorry for mentioning Slug again.]

Ok, u already mentioned El-P [another quite different hiphop album].

DJ Muggs vs. Sick Jacken - The mask and the Assassin. Prolly my fav. album of this decade. Sick storytelling, best Muggs work for me [don't hate me people, it's just my opinion, you can't front on these beats]

I guess Pseudo Intellectuals aren't your piece of the pie neither. Hm, let me think some more...

I really, really like Shad - The Old Prince. I think he'll be the next One Be Lo if he comes through.

Don't know about you, but I think Killah Priest - The Offering was a classic. [I like BTSG more tho, funny]

You've heard the QTip album? It's debateable if that's a classic.

Panacea - Ink is my Drink & A Ship through.... well, two classic albums IMO. Can't get more softer than this haha.....I think Ink is 2007, I'm not sure

and the album Insight did with one producer I forgot about that one now....what is it?

man, there are some really dope 2007 releases [2008 was kinda sucky, only like 4 albums, maybe five that could end up being classic one day], I can't remember them all now, but I'm gonna hit u up by PM. Peace

[p.s.: Def Jux era is still happening IMO. Maybe one day I'll compare them shits, just for fun]
I'll check some of those out...I thought Sick Jacken andQ-Tip were ok, I thought Priest's stuff was disappointing actually.

strange fruit project is another newer group with talent.
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 04:03 AM   #35
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^^^^yeah I heard some of that.

What about the Wisemen debut? That was a dope release IMO.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:01 AM   #36
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^^it was ok; i liked it when i first got it, but haven't listened to it since, it's rather one-dimensional.
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:31 AM   #37
NIGHT MAYOR
tha VIKING gawd

NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
^^^true; many people listen to music as a way to project a self-image rather than for it's own enjoyment. i think once you mature though you can enjoy music without an agenda.

what's the story on the sig man? she's cute
(was'nt ignoring you, i posted friday, its monday - you should get the idea)

yeah im totaly with you, people that know me from school would think im a "metal head" because i was into that heaps back then, but realy i always like heavy metal and hip hop - because - i liked it.

i listen to music for me, not because i want to be that dude thats ahead of the scene ("i listen to bands that dont even exist yet") knowing the 'cool' bands

like for example, im half way thru listening to Perl Jam - Ten, because ITS A FUCKING DOPE ARSE ALBUM that most of todays albums could NEVER hold a candle too.

to say your a metal head or a 'head' as the hip hop kids call it these days is stupidity - your pigeon holeing yourself into a restricted destiny that wont allow you to grow as a human

^ real talk.

NIGHT MAYOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:32 AM   #38
NIGHT MAYOR
tha VIKING gawd

NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

and

that gorgeous girl in my sig is 'TruWizDumb' of www.wutang-corp.com

and

rep awarded to your original post *tips hat*

NIGHT MAYOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:34 AM   #39
Tage
John W. Henry

Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
i think once you mature though you can enjoy music without an agenda.

co - fucking - sign!
Old 04-06-2009, 12:07 PM   #40
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

nah i dont listen to much mainstream rap cuz most of it fucking sux but honestly rap music as a whole sux.

the majority of rap is garbage whether its underground, overground, middle ground, or common ground.

rap needs to step its game up.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:36 PM   #41
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

yeah, cosign^.

its cause it's the 'cool' form of music, and ppl with no talent in or passion for music but want to or like to be cool jump right in and start rapping.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:57 PM   #42
boneguttalove

boneguttalove shaolin monk

mainstream rap music is like them hulu.com commercials.weezy and Master p and nelly and all that shit are aliens that want to turn youre brains into mush with their bullshit,cookie cutter,corporate "music".thereby making it easier to take over the world.

thats why they killt Biggie and Pac.true story.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:00 PM   #43
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

also, i purposely dress bummy when i feel like keeping it grimy, which is most of the time.
some ppl understand it, others don't.

a lot of popular music sucks to me but its popularity is never a factor.
I also like a lot of it but its the same with underground rap, only i hate backpack rap way more then 'commercial' shit.

I don't really have a criteria for what songs i like, i just like some shit and not others and don't know or care why.

i dont listen to lil wayne cause his voice lyrics and gimmick sucks
i dont do that akon shit or t-pain

but something about Shawty Lo's Boy You a Foo not only cracks me up, but i truly like it.

a lot of backpackers don't know how to have fun with music even though they got into it cause its fun, so they think everything is 'dead' and shit but its really cause they have a stick in their ass cause 90% of the shit in the 90s they were listening to (mobb deep for instance) and simple superficial lyrics.

and ppl that only listen to commercial shit are usually genuienly not music ppl in general and don't care.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:27 PM   #44
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

^^^^^^^Sage Francis - Dance Monkey
one third of Brother Ali songs
some of MURS songs
El-P - deep space 9mm

backpackers know how to have fun too, with party-like beats. TSA, u don't know the scene enuff to talk like that.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:04 PM   #45
YungSunny
Buddha Blessed

YungSunny drunken mastaYungSunny drunken masta

He didn't say ALL backpackers, hop off it, son.