news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 04-04-2009, 05:04 PM   #1
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Try n Tell Me Soundbombing II isnt a 90's classic

This album for me, was the apex of backpack rap.

This was when backpack rap really was QUALITY music, that was underground because it was underground, not because it was unpopular lazy poorly made music. Theres so much talent packed into one CD. Its like a dream line up that would never happen now. Every single of the 25 tracks is 5/5.

They even mixed it all together with the beatjunkies, that type of thing atention to deatail youd never see now.

I grew up on this album, shit was like a soundtrack for my teenage years.

If youre like me, my age, and you GREW UP on this OG Rawkus shit, it wouldve ruined all present backpack rap for you, because its so clear non of it compares to albums like Black on Both Sides, Like Water for Choc, The FIRST Reflection eternal etc.

You know, just real ass shit.

Not songs just full of rhymes about how wack everything is.

Just real lyrics.

Talking about shit like you talk with your peoples, not wack shit.

And this was back when Hi Tek was still one of the dopest around, not all that Hi-Technology the Chip bullshit. Back when he used to sample.

(the song isnt on youtube, only the fucking instra)

ETC ETC
I AINT GOTTA POST ANYMROE YALL KNOW THIS SHIT!!

Not forgetting that Em track.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:08 PM   #2
ALCATRAZ
sleepless in basedworld

ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i always considered tha rawkus wave of rap more like a 2000 era type of thing.....either way it was a good way to usher in ug rap in the new millenium

soundbombing vol 1 is solid too
ALCATRAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 05:13 PM   #3
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

thats cuz youre a new cat to the game.

but i remember rawkus back in the 90's, thats how i think of them.

90's rawkus albums-

1997: Company Flow - Funcrusher Plus

1998: Black Star - Mos Def and Talib Kweli are Black Star

1999: Mos Def - Black on Both Sides

1999: Pharoahe Monch - Internal Affairs

thats just some of em. All that shit we used to play on hot summers out of stereo down the skatepark, smoking weed, all that good shit.

I wasnt really into any of em after 2000
Old 04-04-2009, 05:19 PM   #4
ALCATRAZ
sleepless in basedworld

ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

actually no im not a new cat to the game, unlike you i was born into the culture (note your "has hip hop changed your way of life" toy ass thread)... but rawkus was not dominating shit until the late 90's... when i think of 90's backpack rap i dont think of rawkus... you do because you are actually the one who is new to the game... backpack rap in the 90's was rugged, offensive and shrewd... rawkus brought back the bboy elements and like i said ushered in the next wave of backpack rap which took off in 99 when rawkus merged with priority.... n u can quote me on any of that
Old 04-04-2009, 05:20 PM   #5
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

i remember when we used to spend most our weekends hanging around the local skate shop, and i used to get in heated debates with the "clerk" about which was a sicker album BOBS or Internal affairs, cus that nigga used to play Internal Affairs every fuckin day.

And you used to get ill stickers and shit free from Rawkus all the time lol that i used to cover my skateboard with.

ill times

these kids these days are growing up with wack ass music that will give them no real memories and good soundtracks to their youth.

you need dope soundtracks to your life.

otherwise its pointlesss and unlived, WORD LIFE
Old 04-04-2009, 05:22 PM   #6
ALCATRAZ
sleepless in basedworld

lol @ someone saying "word life" in an english accent.... lol i'd laugh in a niggas face
Old 04-04-2009, 05:22 PM   #7
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakonitgod View Post
actually no im not a new cat to the game, unlike you i was born into the culture (note your "has hip hop changed your way of life" toy ass thread)... but rawkus was not dominating shit until the late 90's... when i think of 90's backpack rap i dont think of rawkus... you do because you are actually the one who is new to the game... backpack rap in the 90's was rugged, offensive and shrewd... rawkus brought back the bboy elements and like i said ushered in the next wave of backpack rap which took off in 99 when rawkus merged with priority.... n u can quote me on any of that
that wasnt backpack, that was underground

i make that distinction

and unlesss your in your 30''s, you didnt grow up on that early 90's

Theres a big diff between Soundbombing II and Early 90's underground hip hop

Your a dumbass for even trying to make this an arguement.

You know the type of back pack im talking about.

And if your trying to say that Soundbombing II ISNT backpack music? stfu lol/
Old 04-04-2009, 05:26 PM   #8
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakonitgod View Post
lol @ someone saying "word life" in an english accent.... lol i'd laugh in a niggas face
oh no

you would laugh???

wtf would i do?

id just be there like, ok, what next? i guess.

You say your in your 30's, but you still are taking time to understand the idea that different areas have different accents.

I guess id just be there like, huh, this guys kinda sad, lol/
Old 04-04-2009, 05:30 PM   #9
ALCATRAZ
sleepless in basedworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED
that wasnt backpack, that was underground
^^thats what makes it hard to converse with foreigners on the subject of backpack rap, they try to slice and dice when at the beginning they were one, but only locals would understand that, so i dont blame u

Quote:
and unlesss your in your 30''s, you didnt grow up on that early 90's
the older gods put me on...

Quote:
Theres a big diff between Soundbombing II and Early 90's underground hip hop
see now ur tryna dice it up even more by classifyin it as "early" 90's underground hip hop... just stop... do u even kno tha origins of backpack rap? do u kno how tha term was coined? if not, u should read up n get back 2 me

Quote:
Your a dumbass for even trying to make this an arguement.
dont hate me cuz ur a fan

Quote:
You know the type of back pack im talking about.
i do and it doesnt reflect backpack rap in the 90's
Old 04-04-2009, 05:33 PM   #10
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

youve totally lost me. i dont even know what your trying to do here. The only person "slicing and dicing" as you call it is you "nigga"!! with my qoutes, you sliced up my posts pretty slick son!! nice posting

you seem to be angst ridden lol

and you also think people are using the term WORD LIFE in all seriousness, im not john cena, "nigga".
Old 04-04-2009, 05:38 PM   #11
ALCATRAZ
sleepless in basedworld

Quote:
youve totally lost me. i dont even know what your trying to do here.
this is what im trying to say, my english friend

from the beginning, the term backpacker had nothing to do with a certain sound of rap like it does today... back then, in the 90's (the era you claim to have profound knowledge about) to be a backpacker was nothing more than being a nigga that did graffiti and carried around a napsack with paint... the name stuck in HIP HOP because these writers used to trade music that they would rack from the stores... IN THEIR BACKPACK... over the years the lines got blurred which i cant b mad at and as a result people think backpack rap is some type of rap with some specific bboy sound or whatever...not true... underground is underground whatever way you look at it...black moon or immortal technique or shabaam sahdeeq... its all tha same...thats why i laugh when u say "u make that distinction", because i know ur talkin out of ur ass....u cant fool someone who is part of tha culture, what u need 2 do is take heed 2 this knowledge im droppin n run with it so u dont embarrass urself in tha future
Old 04-04-2009, 05:38 PM   #12
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I don't recall a wack Rawkus release. Soundbombing II was the best of the Soundbombing and I didn't feel the Lyricist's Lounge stuff.

I stuck with that Rawkus shit through high school. In 99 it was that and Kurupt in the west... just before Dre dropped 2001

I remember 2 years ago I met some dude that had a Rawkus Records black leather varsity style jacket...was sick.

Prolifical ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 05:40 PM   #13
sdeblasi
The Special Technique

sdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal son

Soundbombing II = greatest hip hop compilation ever

Old 04-04-2009, 05:40 PM   #14
ALCATRAZ
sleepless in basedworld

damn all that typin got a nigga hungry ima go 2 jack in tha box and get like 10 tacos cuz thats how a nigga feel this saturday afternoon lol
Old 04-05-2009, 03:10 AM   #15
Suga Duga
1%

Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post

You know, just real ass shit.

Not songs just full of rhymes about how wack everything is.

Just real lyrics.
that's exactly the problem of 99% of today's underground music. in every track you'll hear at least once "the radio won't play this" blah blah