news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 04-09-2009, 11:05 AM   #1
hide1998
超黒人

hide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal son
Default Your 10 favorite Kool Keith releases

Sup all. Although I've been a big fan for many years, outside of the new Del & Doom releases, various Kool Keith albums (including his 2 latest from this year) have been getting alot of spins in my system as of late. For the initiated, what are your 10 favorite Kool Keith releases? Mine would be the following

Sex Style/The Unreleased Archives

Dr.Octagon

Cenubites

Critical Beatdown

Black Elvis/Lost In Space

Masters of Illusion

The Personal Album

Dr.Dooom 2

Rd. Nogatco

Project Polaroid

"The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water" - Warcloud
hide1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:18 AM   #2
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

love, Octagon, project polaroid was nice, and Dr. Dooom 2 wasnt bad
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:48 AM   #3
Wu-Tang Gambino
Liquid Swordsman

Wu-Tang Gambino shaolin monk

First Come First Served
Dr. Octagonecologyst
Critical Beatdown
Masters of Illusion
The Cenobites LP
Lost in Space
The Four Horsemen
Project Polaroid
Matthew
Dr. Dooom 2
Wu-Tang Gambino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:14 PM   #4
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

whats with the Tashan Dorrsett shit??
Old 04-09-2009, 12:37 PM   #5
hide1998
超黒人

hide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
whats with the Tashan Dorrsett shit??
I really like it alot. Been playin' it a bunch so far. Black Lagoon & Indian are my fave joints on there

Old 04-09-2009, 12:44 PM   #6
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

that shit is wack man...pretty dissappointed.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:35 PM   #7
hide1998
超黒人

Quote:
that shit is wack man...pretty dissappointed.
To each their own. Not his best release, but def not wack. I appreciated the non-gimmicky Keith (love the gimmicky Keith, as my list demonstrates, but I appreciate when he keeps things grounded from time to time), and the French producer.

Old 04-09-2009, 01:42 PM   #8
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

interesting look at it, i found this to be real gimmicky.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:00 PM   #9
hide1998
超黒人

Quote:
interesting look at it, i found this to be real gimmicky.
Really? I didn't get that at all. The whole album was pretty grounded. The only "out there" track was Black Lagoon. And even that track was done that way specifically to address some of Keith's gimmicks. Not that I minded, as that was one of my fave joints on the album.

Old 04-09-2009, 02:17 PM   #10
ALCATRAZ
sleepless in basedworld

ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

LOL the fuckin personal album you can play that shit around some females and i bet they'll really think he's one of them r&b rap sangers.... Ima go bump that shit right now

"girl wanna kill herself" ahahaahahahaha
ALCATRAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 07:05 PM   #11
p-rok73
Veteran Member

p-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal son

I like some of his solo albums (Sex Style, Dr. DOOOM, Matthew was good) but also been burned by buying KHM, Analog Brothers, Undertakerz.
p-rok73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 08:02 PM   #12
Memory Man
Studio Gangster

Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Critical Beatdown
The Cenobites LP
Dr. Octagonecologyst
The Four Horsemen
First Come, First Served
Sex Style: The Unreleased Archives
Sex Style
Funk Your Head Up
Masters Of Illusion
Project Polaroid
Memory Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 08:18 PM   #13
YungSunny
Buddha Blessed

YungSunny drunken mastaYungSunny drunken masta

Sex Style
Critical Beatdown
Octagon
Cenobites
Spankmaster
Old 04-09-2009, 08:28 PM   #14
Memory Man
Studio Gangster

Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

also, don't sleep on automator's a much better tomorrow album, which features keith on 6 songs and is dope.

and sir menelik's long delayed album the einstein rosen bridge has keith on 6 songs and is also dope.

Memory Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 08:29 PM   #15
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

All the interviews