news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 04-13-2009, 04:36 PM   #1
CharlesJones
National Director of Toe-sucking & Janitorial Affairs

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury
Default Good Article In XXL Magazine About Papoose, Joell Ortiz, Tru Life, Saigon

The article is in this month's XXL with Rick Ross on the cover. The article talks about what happened to New York rap and Papoose, Joell Ortiz, Tru Life, Uncle Murda and Saigon are interviewed. They all talk about how they're fed up with record labels and how record labels try to get them to make wack commercial/radio songs instead of the underground rap they like to do. They also talk about they've done lots of mixtapes but they can't get a album out because their labels won't release their music because the labels feel it won't sell. Saigon talked about he did a song called Pain In My Life and the song talks about black girls having STD's. He said that song won't get played on the radio so he said he was forced to do a club song for the ladies that he really didn't wanna do. My opinion about this article after i read it is that i feel where these rappers are coming from. They're trying to stay true to underground rap but the record labels that they're with won't support their music and release it. This is really sad when i read about stuff like this. This is exactly why i can't stand record companies because they don't support real hip hop and most rap fans won't buy real hip hop. I can't put all the blame on the record companies because people have to support real hip hop and if they don't support it, then record companies won't release real hip hop. I know there are independent labels that these guys can sign with because they support real hip hop. Joell Ortiz said he just signed with Koch records.

I haven't heard any of these guys music before that i mentioned. I've heard one Papoose song and the song had him dissing Fat Joe and he sounded good. Jae Hood and Jae Millz are also some guys that are pretty good rappers and they can't get any albums out. I like Jae Millz No No No song.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:58 PM   #2
baritone
yeah nigga

baritone crouching tiger

i also read this article

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
This is exactly why i can't stand record companies because they don't support real hip hop and most rap fans won't buy real hip hop. I can't put all the blame on the record companies because people have to support real hip hop and if they don't support it, then record companies won't release real hip hop.
this is the dilemna right here
"Da Mysteries of Chessboxin', first of all the word "mystery" means "unknown", you know, and the game of chess is like life, so in reality there is no mysteries to chess, it's just to those who don't understand life"- The GZA
Quote:
"If I wanted to fly, nigga I'll find a way to fly, nigga"- U-God
baritone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:12 AM   #3
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

NY rap has NY rappers to blame cause they're consistantly the laziest least business savvy group in the game.

consistantly.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:24 AM   #4
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

it's a shame Papoose hasn't got the chance to shine and release a full-lenght album because the kid is really skilled.. I haven't heard too much of his shit because i'm not much for mixtapes but a track like "Comprehend" with Pete Rock is incredible and with an LP with dope production like that we would probably have the first classic NY-debut in a decade or something.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 11:37 AM   #5
snapple
i think i'm high

snapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal son

yea it's a shame how it is...our mixtape scene stays thriving..with or without the majors the hiphop community is strong in NY..

Realness
snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:41 PM   #6
CharlesJones
National Director of Toe-sucking & Janitorial Affairs

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

Saigon said something funny in the article. He said that his label wanted him to do a song with r&b group Pretty Ricky. He said why would he wanna do a song with guys that pour oil on their bodies hahahahahahaha.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 07:17 AM   #7
BIG D O
Veteran Member

Location: Somewhwere between concern and not givin a shit....
BIG D O iron monkeyBIG D O iron monkeyBIG D O iron monkeyBIG D O iron monkey

might pick that nut rag of a mag up just to read that article.....
BIG D O is offline   Reply With Quote