0
 

home
news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop > International Hip-Hop

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2009, 08:19 PM   #1
lynskey
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 379
Rep Power: 0
lynskey crouching tiger
Default French Hip-Hop

Been a listener for a couple of years now, still ain't got a fucking clue what they are saying but the flow of the french language is dope.










lynskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 03:59 PM   #2
RALPH WIGGUM
PRODIGAL SUN
 
RALPH WIGGUM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Normandie, France
Age: 23
Posts: 1,614
Rep Power: 0
RALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killa
Default

Yeah well it was way better before, since NTM n IAM, since Booba dropped lunatic n became a bitch I aint really interested anymore. Soprano I cant stand his flow and with his southern accent Im having a hard time understanding whar hes sayin, Halla Hall n A la Bien, I hate these songs. Keny arkana thats good, La rage n La mère des enfant perdus, great shit. Right now, Abd Al Malik is the only french rapper/slammer who I really listen to, cause his words are wonderful.
__________________

RALPH WIGGUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 07:11 PM   #3
lynskey
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 379
Rep Power: 0
lynskey crouching tiger
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtMcGirt View Post
Yeah well it was way better before, since NTM n IAM, since Booba dropped lunatic n became a bitch I aint really interested anymore. Soprano I cant stand his flow and with his southern accent Im having a hard time understanding whar hes sayin, Halla Hall n A la Bien, I hate these songs. Keny arkana thats good, La rage n La mère des enfant perdus, great shit. Right now, Abd Al Malik is the only french rapper/slammer who I really listen to, cause his words are wonderful.
Keny Arkana, Soprano and El Matador are all Marseille rappers?
Only french rappers I've fucked with, used to like abit of La Fouine.
lynskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 07:39 PM   #4
Rame
Wu Vatican
 
Rame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NL
Posts: 8,483
Rep Power: 36
Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default

I like NTM, IAM, Fonky Family.

Oxmo Puccino has some good songs. So does Kamelancien (his harder tracks). Soprano is nice.
Rame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:08 PM   #5
RALPH WIGGUM
PRODIGAL SUN
 
RALPH WIGGUM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Normandie, France
Age: 23
Posts: 1,614
Rep Power: 0
RALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killa
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynskey View Post
Keny Arkana, Soprano and El Matador are all Marseille rappers?
Only french rappers I've fucked with, used to like abit of La Fouine.
El matador n soprano are but keny arkana's from the Hauts-de-seine, its near Paris.
La fouine, I just cant stand him, I never check his shit anymore.
__________________

RALPH WIGGUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:13 PM   #6
RALPH WIGGUM
PRODIGAL SUN
 
RALPH WIGGUM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Normandie, France
Age: 23
Posts: 1,614
Rep Power: 0
RALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killa
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rama View Post
I like NTM, IAM, Fonky Family.

Oxmo Puccino has some good songs. So does Kamelancien (his harder tracks). Soprano is nice.
NTM is the shit, thats my favourite french group ever, so much dope songs, like Seine st denis style, nique la police and all, its like the french NWA, with La Haine being the french Boy Z n the hood, but it shows how lame french rap is compared to american rap. I mean NTM is great, but compared to NWA, it aint shit.
IAM is good too, even if they think they're the french wu tang clan, but Akhenaton is a damn good rapper.
Fonky family I used to like, then I grew up.
Any of y'all listened to Abd Al Malik, its gonna be a bit hard for you to like it if you dont understand what he says, but you should try.
__________________

RALPH WIGGUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:10 PM   #7
Tracks
Fallen Angel
 
Tracks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Britain Connecticut
Age: 25
Posts: 782
Rep Power: 0
Tracks drunken mastaTracks drunken masta
Send a message via AIM to Tracks
Default

theres ALOT of AMAZING french rap, just search youtube. I would say its on par with US rap, if not better at times.
__________________
www.myspace.com/tracksmusick
Tracks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:32 PM   #8
lynskey
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 379
Rep Power: 0
lynskey crouching tiger
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
theres ALOT of AMAZING french rap, just search youtube. I would say its on par with US rap, if not better at times.
recommend me some to check out?
lynskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:37 PM   #9
RALPH WIGGUM
PRODIGAL SUN
 
RALPH WIGGUM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Normandie, France
Age: 23
Posts: 1,614
Rep Power: 0
RALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killa
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
theres ALOT of AMAZING french rap, just search youtube. I would say its on par with US rap, if not better at times.
There is NO way french rap is better than US rap, and nowadays there are a lot of french rappers that really sucks and a few good one, ya should give some names cause I dont know what french rapper could be that good.
__________________

RALPH WIGGUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:34 PM   #10
Bucellito 136
Original Nastukao
 
Bucellito 136's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Marseille , France
Age: 24
Posts: 843
Rep Power: 0
Bucellito 136 shaolin monk
Send a message via MSN to Bucellito 136
Default

soprano(now) el matador and la fouine are trash
these guys can't rap. their shit is very commercial
Back in the days , there were a lot of dope groups in france but now i don't know if you can find a classic album each year
For me the best french group ever is IAM
akhenaton is just the dopest mc in france this guy is so amazing
ntm was dope too. paris always had some nice mc's and groups like oxmo puccino lunatic etc...
if i had to recommend you a few names i would say
IAM (solo albums included they're really really dope ---> akhenaton shurik'n and freeman),
Le rat luciano (mc from la fonky family),
Assassin(classic shit even if sometimes they're boring),
Ntm(watch the live dvd)
Oxmo puccino (dope lyricist and storyteller)
Lunatic
then check some shit like chiens de paille, carré rouge, keny arkana, Busta flex, Nap( abd al malik group) it's worse listening. and please don't trust your hear if you think that people like La fouine sounds good cuz it's absolutely wrong.
Let em know if you want to know more about a few names
peace
__________________
Bucellito 136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:17 PM   #11
lynskey
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 379
Rep Power: 0
lynskey crouching tiger
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucellito 136 View Post
soprano(now) el matador and la fouine are trash
these guys can't rap. their shit is very commercial
Back in the days , there were a lot of dope groups in france but now i don't know if you can find a classic album each year
For me the best french group ever is IAM
akhenaton is just the dopest mc in france this guy is so amazing
ntm was dope too. paris always had some nice mc's and groups like oxmo puccino lunatic etc...
if i had to recommend you a few names i would say
IAM (solo albums included they're really really dope ---> akhenaton shurik'n and freeman),
Le rat luciano (mc from la fonky family),
Assassin(classic shit even if sometimes they're boring),
Ntm(watch the live dvd)
Oxmo puccino (dope lyricist and storyteller)
Lunatic
then check some shit like chiens de paille, carré rouge, keny arkana, Busta flex, Nap( abd al malik group) it's worse listening. and please don't trust your hear if you think that people like La fouine sounds good cuz it's absolutely wrong.
Let em know if you want to know more about a few names
peace

don't matter if they are commercial or not to me as I aint got a fucking clue what they saying, as long as the beats are nice not to bothered. Like alot of the beats on Les Cites Dor. will check them rappers out though.
lynskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 06:33 AM   #12
Bucellito 136
Original Nastukao
 
Bucellito 136's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Marseille , France
Age: 24
Posts: 843
Rep Power: 0
Bucellito 136 shaolin monk
Send a message via MSN to Bucellito 136
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynskey View Post

don't matter if they are commercial or not to me as I aint got a fucking clue what they saying, as long as the beats are nice not to bothered. Like alot of the beats on Les Cites Dor. will check them rappers out though.
of course i didn't think about it !
psy 4 have some good shit but personnaly i don't like "les cités d'or". block party and enfants de la lune were much better
download "Ou je vis" from Shurik'n this shit is classic
__________________
Bucellito 136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 06:39 AM   #13
RALPH WIGGUM
PRODIGAL SUN
 
RALPH WIGGUM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Normandie, France
Age: 23
Posts: 1,614
Rep Power: 0
RALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killa
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucellito 136 View Post
soprano(now) el matador and la fouine are trash
these guys can't rap. their shit is very commercial
Back in the days , there were a lot of dope groups in france but now i don't know if you can find a classic album each year
For me the best french group ever is IAM
akhenaton is just the dopest mc in france this guy is so amazing
ntm was dope too. paris always had some nice mc's and groups like oxmo puccino lunatic etc...
if i had to recommend you a few names i would say
IAM (solo albums included they're really really dope ---> akhenaton shurik'n and freeman),
Le rat luciano (mc from la fonky family),
Assassin(classic shit even if sometimes they're boring),
Ntm(watch the live dvd)
Oxmo puccino (dope lyricist and storyteller)
Lunatic
then check some shit like chiens de paille, carré rouge, keny arkana, Busta flex, Nap( abd al malik group) it's worse listening. and please don't trust your hear if you think that people like La fouine sounds good cuz it's absolutely wrong.
Let em know if you want to know more about a few names
peace
Hell yeah La Fouine aint shit, I agree with almost everything, Abd Al Malik is really good but I dont know if folks that dont speak french would really be interested cause its his words that really make him great. I like NTM better than IAM, and yeah Lunatic was dope but now Booba is done.
__________________

RALPH WIGGUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:54 PM   #14
RALPH WIGGUM
PRODIGAL SUN
 
RALPH WIGGUM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Normandie, France
Age: 23
Posts: 1,614
Rep Power: 0
RALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killa
Default

This is true French Hip Hop
__________________

RALPH WIGGUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 01:55 PM   #15
lynskey
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 379
Rep Power: 0
lynskey crouching tiger
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtMcGirt View Post
This is true French Hip Hop
Not bad, but I guess 'Real' french hip-hop is more lyrical, which means nothing to me as I can't understand them so I just go for the good sounding beats.
Just copped El Matador's new album and I'm enjoying it
lynskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 AM.


Copyright ©2000 - 2013 The Wu-Tang Corp. & shift-one