news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > General Chat

Old 04-24-2009, 11:20 AM   #1
IrOnMaN
{-____-}

IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Exclamation I need advice, seriously!

I talked to two of my geology professors who are and two days ago regarding my situation with geology field camp, and they gave me some good advice on how to go about taking field camp this spring/summer. I told them the only way I can receive money in order for me to pay for geology field camp is to register for spring/summer courses. What I did was register for six credits (two courses) for the summer term only so I can attend geology field camp.

Here is my situation. I lost my job in March and I have been living off my savings. As of right now, I am only down to $400. I have been awarded $4225.00 in loans from the financial aid department. Geology field camp is $1600.00 (excluding food), correct? WSU's tuition for six credits is $2009.10 (including the fitness fee). After everything is paid for, I will only have $617.90. I still have to purchase field equipment, travel, and food for field camp with that money. Plus, I have bills to pay. My two geology professors do not see it the way I do.

After geology field camp, I will not have much left. I will look for a job once I return but it could possibly take months for me to find a job.

I know the consequences if I do not take field camp this spring/summer (I won't graduate until spring of 2010. If I go, I will graduate in May '10). If I do attend, I will be in a very dangerous situation, financially. I have nothing to fall back on like family and friends like most college students do. It is just me. I am trying not to be careless here because, honestly, I WILL be homeless as a result of attending geology field camp, SERIOUSLY! I understand that the financial aid office is not a bank and there is only so much they can award me.

Should I go to geology field camp this summer or push it back to next year?

Last edited by IrOnMaN; 07-31-2013 at 10:53 AM.
IrOnMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:13 PM   #2
EAGLE EYE
Operation Guillotine

EAGLE EYE has disabled reputation

Someone once told me about an additional loan you can take out for living expenses. I forgot what its called. You should ask the Financial Aid office for extended help.

If you end up homeless I'm sure one of the MODS here would love to take a young, tender, shy black kid under their wing and make a man out of him. Turn those clock radio speakers into subwoofers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Bandana View Post
you dont want me coming around dressed in black homie
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
Honestly dude, this is why I want to go to hell. Hell is crackin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crump Diddy View Post
Did I scare you?
EAGLE EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:22 PM   #3
food for thought
Generic Mod Folk

food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Someone once told me about an additional loan you can take out for living expenses. I forgot what its called. You should ask the Financial Aid office for extended help.
yea my friends get loot for that

try that

u can also try private loans if ure really desperate but the interest rates are ridiculous

go talk to a financial aid advisor at your school

im sure theres some kind of loan u are eligible for and can get relatively easily

if the course is offered at your local communtiy college, take it over there and transfer it. that way u can save a few hundred dollars

From donated clothes, to caps and gowns
It's a little shout to my black and brown
Folks that know the game, not in class to clown
Had the funny accent, look who's laughing now
See Samir came here to grind, and he slaved at
Every minimum wage job, but he saved that
Brought his sis here on scholarship to make stacks
Working as a surgeon she bought a whip, and payed cash
No time to whine, we just face facts
Lets fit 6 in the back and lets take that
To the best restaurants, make reservations
Since we out here, since they made reservations
For first Nations and they never made reparations
The Natives probably relate more to immigration
So this for y'all too, and I can't forget the Haitians
Here for an education. Its a celebration.
food for thought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:27 PM   #4
Crackhead Bob
Lesbian Flamingo

Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

You can whore yourself out to 50 fat chicks, or whore yourself out to 5 REALLY fat chicks. It's the Glen Quagmire approach to financial indepenence

Crackhead Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:20 PM   #5
MAYOR QUIMBY
Veteran Member

MAYOR QUIMBY fist of furyMAYOR QUIMBY fist of furyMAYOR QUIMBY fist of furyMAYOR QUIMBY fist of furyMAYOR QUIMBY fist of furyMAYOR QUIMBY fist of furyMAYOR QUIMBY fist of furyMAYOR QUIMBY fist of furyMAYOR QUIMBY fist of furyMAYOR QUIMBY fist of furyMAYOR QUIMBY fist of fury

If all loans fail, DO NOT go to that camp. doesn't take a genius to see it's not worth it. And you wont graduate 'til Spring of 2010? Ooooh, big whoop,,another 6 months, compared to an awful bank account.
MAYOR QUIMBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:27 PM   #6
IrOnMaN
{-____-}

IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slang Gargoyle View Post

If you end up homeless I'm sure one of the MODS here would love to take a young, tender, shy black kid under their wing and make a man out of him. Turn those clock radio speakers into subwoofers.
I asked for extended help and they only gave me two loans and no grants (they don't have any, seriously). I was lucky to get that. I'll take what you said into consideration. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by food for thought View Post
yea my friends get loot for that

try that

u can also try private loans if ure really desperate but the interest rates are ridiculous

go talk to a financial aid advisor at your school

im sure theres some kind of loan u are eligible for and can get relatively easily

if the course is offered at your local communtiy college, take it over there and transfer it. that way u can save a few hundred dollars
I did and all of them have told me the samething. I'll try again but if they tell me no, forget it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
You can whore yourself out to 50 fat chicks, or whore yourself out to 5 REALLY fat chicks. It's the Glen Quagmire approach to financial indepenence
Overweight African-American women are different from a fat white chick. See, black men have been telling these ugly, stinking, fat women for years that they're pretty and beautiful because they're huge. WTF? Black men are doing that so they can get laid, PERIOD! As a result of a man telling an ugly, stinking, fat chick she's pretty and the shit, she thinks she's higher than a pretty white chick, which means that she thinks she's above all races of women in terms of beauty.

As for me milking money out of a black fat chick, it won't work, Rock. If I were a thug fresh out of jail, then it would work. This obsession with obesity in black women has got them thinking that they're equal as gorgeous white women, seriously. No can do.

Last edited by IrOnMaN; 04-24-2009 at 01:30 PM.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:06 PM   #7
Visionz
The People's Champ

Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Visionz

Sale weed

in the 09 a supplemental income is a must

buy, flip, re-invest, repeat on a regular

Support the Real. Click HERE
Visionz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 02:11 PM   #8
TSA
www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

dont be in a hurry to graduate if it's financially risky or retarded.

college is dope anyways, but fucking up your finances will follow you for a while and 6 more months of college ain't gonna kill you.

BUT like rawbee said, check the financial aid office, they'll have something.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:21 PM   #9
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

sell your organs
Old 04-24-2009, 02:27 PM   #10
narc
narc was a crack baby

narc shaolin masta killanarc shaolin masta killanarc shaolin masta killanarc shaolin masta killanarc shaolin masta killanarc shaolin masta killanarc shaolin masta killanarc shaolin masta killa

6 more months aint so bad, id say stick with asking for more assistance, but if its not possible just forget the field trip
Old 04-24-2009, 05:19 PM   #11
Huggasaurus Sex
2000 B.C.

Huggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of fury

not enough people in this world know shit about rocks.

then again, i hear the labor market for black geologists with button penises is drying up...

i think your best bet is to make a pet rock and consult it.

more akbar
Huggasaurus Sex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 06:02 PM   #12
begongo
I AM HIPHOP

begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to begongo Send a message via Yahoo to begongo Send a message via Skype™ to begongo

grow a dick nigguh
Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
I'm not going post more pictures of my dick, Style. You guys can forget about it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
Some of ya'll that are having sex without condoms need to be careful because that shit ain't cool having sex with no condoms.
begongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:44 PM   #13
IrOnMaN
{-____-}

I've just decided not to attend field camp this spring/summer because it would be too catastrophic financially for me. Well, I only have two courses left, and that's it. I'm taking one math class in the spring/summer and another math course (calculus) in December. In the wither '10 semester, all I have to do is work (I should have a job by then) and play GTA.

Last edited by IrOnMaN; 04-24-2009 at 09:51 PM.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:45 AM   #14
Huggasaurus Sex
2000 B.C.

Huggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of fury

more akbar
Huggasaurus Sex is offline   Reply With Quote