news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 04-26-2009, 06:25 PM   #1
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default The Tao of the Te

anybody down with the Tao Te Ching? some good stuff in there...
Quote:
THIRTEEN

Accept disgrace willingly,
Accept misfortune as the human condition.

What do you mean by "Accept disgrace willingly"?
Accept being unimportant.
Do not be concerned with loss or gain.
This is called "Accepting disgrace willingly."

What do you mean by "Accept misfortune as the human condition"?
Misfortune comes from having a body.
Without a body, how could there be misfortune?

Surrender yourself humbly; then you can be trusted to care for all things.
Love the world as your own self; then you can truly care for all things.
I think a lot of stress would be diverted if people accepted that misfortune comes with having a body - it is inevitable. Some people learn from misfortune, some wallow in it...
As far as accepting disgrace - it reminds me of the GZA lyric "to check fault in oneself is pure loveliness/ you break the mirror that reminds you of your ugliness"
You will gain a lot of wisdom this way....

Lets keep the Tao flowing.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:07 PM   #2
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Tao is the truth
Old 04-26-2009, 11:45 PM   #3
mastapowerful
Veteran Member

mastapowerful iron monkeymastapowerful iron monkeymastapowerful iron monkeymastapowerful iron monkey

This text always sparked me the most, it made me really see beauty and purpose in absolutely everything.

"A wheel is useful,
because of the hole in the center of the hub.
A clay pot is useful,
because it contains empty space.
Doors and windows are useful,
because they are gaps in the walls.
The value of what is there,
lies in what is not there."
Lao Tzu-Tao Te Ching

I also very much enjoyed reading and highly recommend "the Tao of Pooh" and "the Te of Piglet" by Benjamin Hoff. Don't be put off by the books being about Winnie the Pooh characters, there are some heavy teachings contained.

mastapowerful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:13 AM   #4
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^ i have that quote on my ipod lol.

my views on the world and everything in it correlate the with tao almost 100%, if you see otherwise its just me trying to stay human for the fuck of it cause of well.

but this is why i don't believe in good and evil and other things like that, but at the same time do.

and it's not that im 'trying to be a taoist' i just developed these views after a long sleep deprivation and later found out about the tao.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:17 AM   #5
mastapowerful
Veteran Member

mastapowerful iron monkeymastapowerful iron monkeymastapowerful iron monkeymastapowerful iron monkey

You have which on your ipod? Was the sleep deprivation intentional??? If not, try a glass of room temperature green tea and honey before bed. I was up for 7 days straight once, and all I got was this lousy T-shir... zzzzzzz

Old 04-27-2009, 12:23 AM   #6
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

the tao quote you posted.
and yeah it was for my job.
i was drinking monsters nonstop to stay up, reading about the prophet muhammeds life and the history of economics and listening to Soul Controller on repeat

then when i changed the song to this really earthy sounding jamaican/african tribalish shit that was about how the guy was the originator(ORIGINATOR) soul inspirator(ORGINATOR) and how babylon looks for a new ec-on-o-mic orrrderrr, and a spiritual one is whats underway, cause he's in Rome but he does not doooo, what the Romes doooooo, they've got to come they've got to come his waaa-aa-aayy, or they won't get throoooooo, he's the originator(ORIGINATOR) soul inspirator(ORGINATOR), i had a very powerful spiritual moment where i felt like a 'realized'.

then all my views just fell in line with that of a taoist or rastafarian. Im only invovled in society at this point for the fuck of it.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:27 AM   #7
mastapowerful
Veteran Member

Okaaaaaaaaaaay. It seems like you are experiencing sleep deprivation right now my friend(ORIGINATOR)!!!

Old 04-27-2009, 12:28 AM   #8
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

and after i didn't talk to ppl for like, 3 days cause everything id say came out all buddahy. i made a thread during it and it was fucking awesome lol, but i dont remember it.
i thought i had gone insane. I slept it off and the really good feeling went away but the mindframe stayed though it goes away until i remind myself.

a friend of mine had the same thing happen, he just called me one day and was like dude i need to talk, then i went and talked with him and he described the exact same shit only i had not told him it happened to me, he just felt i would 'get it' so i know i wasn't crazy

here's the TAO for those unfamiliar.
i posted it a while ago and it was dismissed as 'religion' and thus stupid and/or evil

..pat bateman.

Old 04-27-2009, 12:30 AM   #9
mastapowerful
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post

but this is why i don't believe in good and evil and other things like that, but at the same time do.

"When the world is ruled by Tao, Evil is powerless.
Not that it doesn't exist.
It just has no power to harm people."
Lao Tzu-Tao Te Ching

Old 04-27-2009, 12:32 AM   #10
mastapowerful
Veteran Member

The first thing I do when I step out of the shower is reach for the TAO!!!

Old 04-27-2009, 10:41 PM   #11
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
ONE
The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao.
The name that can be named is not the eternal name.
The nameless is the beginning of heaven and earth.
The named is the mother of ten thousand things.
Ever desireless, one can see the mystery.
Ever desiring, one sees the manifestations.

These two spring from the same source but differ in name;
this appears as darkness.
Darkness within darkness.
The gate to all mystery.
this is some deep shit
its a type of answer to those in the "does god exist?" thread as to what knowers of god are talking about.
people see all of god's manifestations around them - but not the source.

I also find it almost mind numbingly interesting that nearly all of Taoism is DIRECTLY in line with Kemetic spirituality.
two groups of people, thousands of years and miles apart - have discovered the exact same spiritual source.
even down to spiritual classifications of men, Taoists have:
the masses
superior man
Sages
Kemetic spirituality has:
sahu man
ab man
Ausar (living gods)
and then you see in the NOI the 85% 10% and 5% respectively.
Quote:
While the Tao cannot be expressed, Taoism holds that it can be known, and its principles can be followed. Much of Taoist writing focusses on the value of following the Tao - called Te (virtue) - and of the ultimate uselessness of trying to understand or control Tao outright. This is often expressed through yin and yang arguments, where every action creates a counter-action as a natural, unavoidable movement within manifestations of the Tao.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:11 AM   #12
diggy
The ABBOTT

diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucid View Post

I also find it almost mind numbingly interesting that nearly all of Taoism is DIRECTLY in line with Kemetic spirituality.
two groups of people, thousands of years and miles apart - have discovered the exact same spiritual source.
even down to spiritual classifications of men, Taoists have:
the masses
superior man
Sages
Kemetic spirituality has:
sahu man
ab man
Ausar (living gods)
and then you see in the NOI the 85% 10% and 5% respectively.
The ancient inhabitants and first Emperor of China were reportedly black.

Chinese script, like Egyptian hieroglyphs, are said to be symbolical.

Quote:
Believe it or not, lobster and crabs are crustaceans and are a part of the arthropod family, which include caterpillars, cockroaches, and spiders!
diggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 02:47 AM   #13
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-unknown View Post
never heard that...interesting tho.
but then again I've heard many times that the bringer of Zen Buddhism (Damo?) to China was a black man - I haven't researched it enough to voice my thoughts though.

Quote:
sounds right
anybody deep in spirituality can recognize symbolism as being vital to understanding
Old 04-28-2009, 03:53 AM   #14
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-unknown View Post

shut the fuck up no they weren't.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:49 AM   #15
diggy
The ABBOTT

diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucid View Post
never heard that...interesting tho.
but then again I've heard many times that the bringer of Zen Buddhism (Damo?) to China was a black man - I haven't researched it enough to voice my thoughts though.
Early depictions of buddha show him with all negroid features, like tight curly hair, broad nose, thick lips:

Later depictions show him with hair only black people have.

Which asian has corn rolls and small tight curly hair like this?:

I have not seen any asian with hair like that, but I do see black people with hair like that.

Quote:
Believe it or not, lobster and crabs are crustaceans and are a part of the arthropod family, which include caterpillars, cockroaches, and spiders!

Last edited by diggy; 04-28-2009 at 04:51 AM.
diggy is offline   Reply With Quote