news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 05-05-2009, 07:42 PM   #16
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

can someone explain how hip hop is a way of life?

i know that people say that so much that some have been brainwashed into spouting that as dogma without really thinking about it (and that is NOT directed at anyone in this thread), but how is it a lifestyle?

i thought it was a music genre

and i know people are going to bring up slang and fashion but...really?

it's like that hip hop is a culture talk...where is the architecture, food, language...stuff that defines a culture

(Waits for people to get angry and be condescending bitches without actually offering any food for thought...think critically people)

sunny winters, why do you do this? ---"if you knew what Hip Hop was, you'd take it seriously too " you never explain your viewpoint, you just act superior like the truth is something mysterious and vague and not too be revealed...that type of shit makes me think you're just some fraud shock poster.

oh and i get it, that hip hop is the voice of the ghetto, the disenfranchised, and so on (so was jazz, the blues, soul, etc) but what makes these hip-hoppier than thou jackasses any different than leather biker assholes, skater kids who have no interest in anything else or uber metalhead jerkoffs? the answer: nothing.

there's too much art, music, and culture to be solely interested in, or defined by one genre. the shit doesn't make sense to me.

Last edited by Dr. Simon Hurt; 05-05-2009 at 07:50 PM.
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 07:45 PM   #17
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
wigs isnt taking anything anything, and isnt someone who could be considered a rapper.

hilarious
Old 05-05-2009, 09:25 PM   #18
Wu-Tang Gambino
Liquid Swordsman

Wu-Tang Gambino shaolin monk

The problem with hip hop? shit nothing at all
it's an artform that ranges and it changes it evolves
it's not always for the better, but patient with it yall
for our time will come and the wicked will fall

- Murs
Wu-Tang Gambino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:54 PM   #19
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Vay, you're post was sort of retarded.

why does architecture define a way of life?

does a hobo with no architecture of his own not have a way of life?

waking up and brushing you teeth every morning is a way of life, it's not that complicated and formula based. If you do something a certain way in your life it's a way of life.

hip hop has a dialect, art form, attire(s), dance form, music, industry, journalism, ect associated with it, i would call it a life style.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:58 PM   #20
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vay727 View Post
can someone explain how hip hop is a way of life?
i can - but there are too many people cloning my way of life

Quote:
sunny winters, why do you do this? ---"if you knew what Hip Hop was, you'd take it seriously too " you never explain your viewpoint, you just act superior like the truth is something mysterious and vague and not too be revealed...that type of shit makes me think you're just some fraud shock poster.

keep thinking that -

its good for you to think that way

thanks
Old 05-05-2009, 10:02 PM   #21
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:

oh and i get it, that hip hop is the voice of the ghetto, the disenfranchised, and so on (so was jazz, the blues, soul, etc) but what makes these hip-hoppier than thou jackasses any different than leather biker assholes, skater kids who have no interest in anything else or uber metalhead jerkoffs? the answer: nothing.
Hip Hop is jazz blues and soul all in one...sometimes - and maybe rock mixed with classical with a hint of folk other times - Hip Hop is unlimited in expression

Quote:
there's too much art, music, and culture to be solely interested in, or defined by one genre. the shit doesn't make sense to me.
it doesn't make sense to you
Old 05-05-2009, 10:28 PM   #22
dimi

dimi grasshopper

hip hop is more than rap music
bboying and scratching and all that stuff is still here healthy as ever
youtube redbull breakdancing
just because its not on TV doesnt mean it doesnt exist
Old 05-05-2009, 10:31 PM   #23
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimi View Post
hip hop is more than rap music
bboying and scratching and all that stuff is still here healthy as ever
youtube redbull breakdancing
just because its not on TV doesnt mean it doesnt exist
word - Hip Hop is alive and well
Old 05-06-2009, 06:46 AM   #24
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
Vay, you're post was sort of retarded.

why does architecture define a way of life?

does a hobo with no architecture of his own not have a way of life?

waking up and brushing you teeth every morning is a way of life, it's not that complicated and formula based. If you do something a certain way in your life it's a way of life.

hip hop has a dialect, art form, attire(s), dance form, music, industry, journalism, ect associated with it, i would call it a life style.
you missed my point; i gave that as an example of culture, but i'm used to people jumping on one statement and taking it way beyond it's original intent...and what you said about hip hop having dialect, dance, music, jounralism, etc could be said of just about every musical genre. but to me that's the tail wagging the dog. that just reflects the culture that gave birth to the artform, to me that's not indicative of it's own culture.

hey, but thank you for actually explaining your viewpoint, instead of sunny winters who (no surprise) said some "a=b just because it does, and if you don't get it, your loss" bullshit.