news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 05-05-2009, 11:21 AM   #1
Durag
RaizaBlade

Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Aquemini >>>> ATLiens

imo. ATLiens is a fantastic album no doubt, but Aquemini just blows it apart. The production on here is fuckin incredible, ATLiens was darker and had a similar sound throughout, but this was dark, funky, bouncy, catchy, hard whilst still being cohesive and sounding like an album rather than a collection of songs. Lyrically its pretty much on the same level, but lyrically ATLiens was 10/10 without a fuckin doubt.

"Return Of The G" is absolute classic, as good, if not better than anything on their previous two albums, as is the title track, but what really sets it apart is funky shit like "Rosa Parks", "Sythesizer", and the dope as fuck "Slump". Those tracks are so fucky and catchy, but yet are still lyrically perfect and 'hip-hop enough' not to be too out-there.

People hate on "The Art Of Storytelling 2", but those verses are fuckin insane, despite the distortion, and yes the hook on "Mamacita" is annoying as fuck, but the rest of the song is dope, and thats porbably the only fault of the album.

It took me a long time to really appreciate this album, i liked a few tracks, "Return of The G", "Ya'll Scared" and the title track, but i always thought ATLiens was better, but when this clicked, it fuckin clicked. This is easily better than ATLiens imo.

Oh and i forgot to mention the absoluty MIND-BLOWING "Liberation". That track is fuckin amazing.

Durag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:29 AM   #2
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

it all depends on what mood im in.

if i want to be lifted/hyped then aquemini, if i want to chill in a dark room full of greensmoke i will appreciate the subtle sounds of ATLiens alot more.

ATLiens is a more cohesive artistic album. I consider it a masterpiece in hip hop album making. Aquemini has more bangers. But if we're tawkin about gettin in a vibe, which is what making a long play is all about (right?), ATLiens hands down.

ATL is more hypnotic.

Raw.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:33 AM   #3
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

agreed.
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:34 AM   #4
Durag
RaizaBlade

Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Yeah, i get what your saying, but i think Aquemini is a more artisic album than ATLiens by far. The production on Aquemini is way ahead of ATLiens imo, theres a lot more going on, a lot more variety, it pushes boundires, wheras ATLiens production doesnt really stray too far away from the more traditional sound, and whilst its an improvment on Southernplay.... it isnt completly different.

Growing Old might be my favourite Outkast song of all time though.

Durag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:35 AM   #5
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

In my opinion they aren't even comparable. Aquemini is one of Hip Hops greatest gifts.

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:42 AM   #6
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^my point justified. I couldnt live with myself if i nkew B Rock had the same tastes as me.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:44 AM   #7
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
^my point justified. I couldnt live with myself if i nkew B Rock had the same tastes as me.
Go listen to Souljah Boy and shut the fuck up. Nobody cares what you like or think.

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
Old 05-05-2009, 11:55 AM   #8
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

I think its cool that Outkast can produce albums that are so different.

You could cook a 16oz on Raekwon's BBQ verse
Old 05-05-2009, 12:00 PM   #9
The Hound
Fuck the King

The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^ Why is an Englishman saying ounce?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durag View Post
People hate on "The Art Of Storytelling 2", but those verses are fuckin insane, despite the distortion, and yes the hook on "Mamacita" is annoying as fuck, but the rest of the song is dope, and thats porbably the only fault of the album.
Yep yep. Two favourite tracks off the album. André rips Mamacita.

"Here's what you do, you, grab her by her nack, throw her on the wall, say; 'bitch don't ever disrespect me, never, not at all.'"

I haven't listened to it in a long time, might have to give it a spin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
I say nigga and i'm white
The Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:14 PM   #10
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

Baby did you hear that? Yea baby I heard it too...Look out the window, golly the sky is electric blue! Momma Earth is dying and crying because of you.

How can you not get hooked by that intro?

Old 05-05-2009, 12:44 PM   #11
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonerfarm View Post
^^ Why is an Englishman saying ounce?

wtf are you talking about fatty?

what a dumbass lol
Old 05-05-2009, 12:48 PM   #12
Charles Barry
ORDO AB CHAO

Charles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venoms

Both of these albums are in my top 10 favorite list, but I agree that Aquemini is better.

Do you know what brings rats, mice, snakes, up out of they hole?

Charles Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:47 PM   #13
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

Indubitably, piper pied

Old 05-05-2009, 04:30 PM   #14
immaculate

8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury

co-sign thread title

8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:22 PM   #15
Ritter
'Section 9'

Ritter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venoms

ATLiens is more hypnotic, as ghostlaced said, but Aquemini has that touch of greatness that sets them apart.

On Chonkyfire, 2:05, that beat switch is insane with the 'we reign reign, supreme preme, dungeon dungeon kings'. The beat is insane, the lyrics are bananas, the whole song just yells 'top 10 hip hop all time'.

They're just different albums. I'm more sentimental towards ATLiens, cuz Elevators is the first hip hop song I heard in my life. And it got me into hip hop. And ATLiens is my favorite hip hop album of all time, so... I agree with the threadstarter, but can't put anything over ATLiens.

On one day I'll rather listen to Rosa Parks, on another I'd chill to Jazzy Belle.
Ritter is offline   Reply With Quote