news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > Archive > Classics

Old 06-17-2005, 11:18 AM   #46
adriatic

adriatic grasshopper
Default Re: Out of print albums thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtadas
Can any1 tell me what Monch sampled that made the label pull his album?
the Godzilla theme song for Simon Says
Old 06-17-2005, 11:22 AM   #47
Definitive X
Now known as Defcee

Definitive X grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriatic
yeah its OOP. Too bad I wouldn't mind having that one but I'm not dropping $50+ on Ebay for any album. Industry Shakedown is out of print too for whoever asked.

I got a couple OOP in my collection that I usually won't even let leave the house:

Freddie Foxx- Industry Shakedown
Pharaohe Monch- Internal Affairs
O.C.- Word...Life
original Ghost- Ironman with Soul Controller
original Snoop- Doggystyle with Gz Up Hoez Down (lol I conned my ex-gf out of this one)

If that shit about Rawkus is true than Black On Both Sides too. I also have Xzibit's first two but I don't think they're out of print though they might be soon since Loud went under. Y'all better brush up on your Mobb, Pun and especially WU if the Loud catalogue ever goes under.
I just bought Black on Both Sides from Coconuts near my house back when Red Light District came out (bought that too, heh heh). And Main Source is not OUT of print, I asked at the same store and they said that they still have copies in their warehouse...I've seen Word...Life in stores before...Capital Punishment is NEVER gonna be out of print, and Pun and Mobb albums are safe...Columbia was Loud's parent company, they're still putting those albums in stores...

"Got heat for everybody/watch the microphone burn..."
=Akrobatik
Old 06-17-2005, 11:26 AM   #48
gi0vanni
Swordsman

gi0vanni grasshopper

just because a label folds doesn't mean a record is out of print.

first of all, there are thousands and thousands of (if not even more) in distributor warehouses. that's why you can buy a CD with "Loud Records" on it 3 years after Loud folds. also, Loud was never independent of RCA, so Loud Releases will continue to be relased by Columbia or RCA. Same with Rawkus, its catalogue is under MCA or UNiversal's (forget which) control now.
Old 06-17-2005, 12:21 PM   #49
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Same with Rawkus, its catalogue is under MCA or UNiversal's (forget which) control now.
Yeah, thats what I was trying to look up, what Rawkus' mother company was.

As for Word...Life seen in stores, that is likely the reissue...not the original.

And it is true that there are records that are OOP but the warehouses are still stocked....so they are still seen in stores. I remember those Kool G records were selling for over $40 in the stores.

Old 06-17-2005, 07:53 PM   #50
36chambers
The People's Champ

36chambers drunken masta36chambers drunken masta36chambers drunken masta

Loud Rocks - Loud Records.

Mixture of hip hop acts and rock acts on the same tracks. I have it, i believe its out of print.

BIG L Rest In Peace
Old 06-18-2005, 02:02 PM   #51
tha realness
85 %ER

tha realness shaolin monk

channel live - station identification

and i believe sunz of man - the last shall be first
Old 06-18-2005, 08:39 PM   #52
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

ok, thanks guys, I updated the list....some things I decided not to put.....and it is true what was said before by gi0vann that it sometimes out of print albums stay in warehouses for a few years after they stopped pressing....so you can still buy some OOP albums and see them in stores....depending what it is.

For this thread I might put some of those, but most I wont since they are not "significantly" OOP.

Old 06-18-2005, 09:12 PM   #53
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

more that might be added next update.....some can debate if any arent OOP:

71 Degrees- Streight Representen
Bone Hard Zaggin - Big Mello (1992)
Body Count - Body Count
Lokee - I Got Dis (1995)
Lord Finesse - Funky Technician (1990)
Masta Ace - Slaughtahouse
Untouchable Goodfellas - Hate'n (1997)
Grav - Down to Earth (1996) <-- early Kanye production

Old 06-19-2005, 07:56 AM   #54
Fr@z
Who's The Dado?

Fr@z shaolin monk
Send a message via Yahoo to Fr@z

Does anyone know if Mad Skillz - From Where is OOP?
Old 06-19-2005, 10:51 AM   #55
NAKHI the SOLORIAN
i still love h.e.r.

NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

are you guys gonna post these LP's?

click the sig if you vatican status
Old 06-19-2005, 06:12 PM   #56
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAKHI the SOLORIAN
are you guys gonna post these LP's?
what do you mean? I listed some on the first post.

Old 06-19-2005, 06:17 PM   #57
NAKHI the SOLORIAN
i still love h.e.r.

NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

meaning actually put the LP's up to download.......

or can we not do that here?

click the sig if you vatican status
Old 06-19-2005, 06:28 PM   #58
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAKHI the SOLORIAN
meaning actually put the LP's up to download.......

or can we not do that here?
nah, we cant do that here....perhaps on the "other" site or on soulseek or something they can be shared by the people who have them.

note to self: Main Source - Breaking Atoms

Old 06-20-2005, 02:06 AM   #59
Create
Furst Breed !!

Create grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Create

I Was In Fat Beats Looking For Liquid Swords

And The Guy Was Like Yo U Better Search Every Where Cuz That Shit Went Outta Print Like 2 Weeks Ago And I Was Like Wha ????

Pussy Ass Quotes
Quote:
Originally Posted by gi0vanni
create man you're always bitching at people. you need to take a chill pill. you jump on people every chance you get.
Old 06-20-2005, 04:50 AM   #60
MILF DOOM

MILF DOOM grasshopper

Freestyle Fellowship - To whome it may concern
Showbiz & Ag - Runaway Slave
Common - Can I borrow a dollar
Lord Finesse & DJ Mike Smooth - Funk Technician
The Roots - Organix
Bahamadia - Kollage