news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 05-16-2009, 10:40 PM   #31
RzaRectum
G.A.W.D. PT.III

RzaRectum Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RzaRectum Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RzaRectum Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RzaRectum Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RzaRectum Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RzaRectum Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RzaRectum Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RzaRectum Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RzaRectum Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RzaRectum Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RzaRectum Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynskey View Post
I must be the only person on this forum that actually dosent give a fuck about lyrics.
As long as the beat is good and rhymes are flowing I dont care for what they are saying at all. Most rappers talk shit anyway.
The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum
RzaRectum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:41 PM   #32
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungSunny View Post
....About black people?
In a sense. I mean is he qualified to talk about struggle when he lives far from it and isn't in touch with his 'hood' anymore. I mean, whats it been for him??? 10-15 years?

I understood the concept behind the album even tho i hadn't heard it. Not because I'm smarter than you, but because thats what Nas said it was about, and I understood what he was trying to do with the word and why he used it.

And I see where he is coming from.

But he fails to define it clearly, so it comes off very vague and unclear to me, as to EXACTLY what he is trying to do.

But I don't kno that he was trying to do all sorts of these things anyhwa.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:14 AM   #33
YungSunny
Buddha Blessed

YungSunny drunken mastaYungSunny drunken masta

^You can't really say he doesn't define it clearly if you never heard the album.

This song somewhat sums it up.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:11 AM   #34
cap
THE ILL ONE

cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to cap

well with that state of mind, there are really a select group of people that should listen to hip hop.
you dont have to be a drug dealer to like OBFCL or REASONABLE DOUBT...

i think untitled is a great album, and i can enjoy it even if it wasnt written for me... just like i can enjoy a documentary about chinese people, so i can see how they live and find out some new shit about them...

cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 08:51 AM   #35
hide1998
超黒人

hide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
I understood the concept behind the album even tho i hadn't heard it.
Interesting way to nullify your entire post but to look at it even more anymore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
And I see where he is coming from.
THAT, in a nutshell, is what I think many of the white posters here need to respect. You can NOT see where he, and many other black people in America, are coming from. To say you do is an over simplistic illusion you've created in your mind based on images in the media and conversations with your black friends.

Listen to the music, like it, buy it, but when hearing an album like the latest Nas album NEVER claim to see/understand where he's coming from. You can't.

"The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water" - Warcloud
hide1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 12:52 PM   #36
joe245

joe245 crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe245 View Post
I think the author of this thread and a lot of the posters have misunderstood the purpose of the word Nigger in the album. and the concept behind it.

Nas isn't talking about black people. He evolving the word. The black man was oppressed under the word 'nigger' and now we, the common/everyday people, are being screwed over by our governments... we are the 'niggers'... white, black, asian.
Bumping my post.

Stop bitching, Nas isn't on some anti-white shit.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:37 PM   #37
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungSunny View Post
Cool you read the Nigger booklet.
haha

the nigger booklet.