news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 05-17-2009, 11:38 AM   #1
tragedykhadafi12
Veteran Member

tragedykhadafi12 drunken mastatragedykhadafi12 drunken masta
Default RapManiacs Top 40 Greatest Rappers

http://rapmaniacs.com/?p=596
tragedykhadafi12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 11:42 AM   #2
iammzac
Veteran Member

iammzac prodigal soniammzac prodigal soniammzac prodigal soniammzac prodigal soniammzac prodigal soniammzac prodigal soniammzac prodigal son

Not bad I'd probably change ~5 or 10 of those
iammzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 01:06 PM   #3
Tecknowledgist
PUTYOMONEYWHEREYOMOUTHIZ

Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

it was reppin wu a little too hard and it got sketchy near the end there with fabolous and foxy brown and shit. otherwise its a solid collection
Tecknowledgist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 01:42 PM   #4
ALCATRAZ
sleepless in basedworld

ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

weird ass list
ALCATRAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 02:50 PM   #5
b-dolo
SLIMEY SAVAGE

b-dolo crouching tiger

only complaint is i would
change fabuolus, ludacris,keith murray to

andre 3000, kool keith, cl smooth,

Stripped of our language, walked around nameless Amongst the strangest, a heart full of anguish Taught life is dangerous
b-dolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 04:21 PM   #6
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Ok let's debate this...

Kurupt shouldn't be on the list. Five cool verses and that's that.

Ol’ Dirty Bastard - debatable. What does the greatest rappers mean anyway? That isn't the same as the best rapper, is it? I mean, the list is almost without underground artists, so if they are making a list like that, they are just showing love for those that changed hiphop with their ideas? If that's so, a bunch of '80s cats are missing. ODB deserves all shine he can get tho, cuz he was original.

DMX - YEAH FUCKING RIGHT. Easy E???? Are they fucking retarded??? Jada [altho nice] - c'mon, those three are mentioned and Eminem is not? Something fishy is going on..

Beanie Sigel - Ionno man. Even tho I dislike Nas to some point, he still shits on this dude, all respect, but this dude ain't making no really hot verses. Has he ever outshined Jay-Z??

Keith Murray is debatable.

Fabolous
Blaq Poet
Ludacris

^^^^No.

What ever happened to saying Mos Def, Black Thought, Andre3000 and Nine ON EVERY TOP RAPPERS LIST?????

Lol at Joe Budden in the end...
Old 05-17-2009, 04:33 PM   #7
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^if you dont agre with ODB being on a greatest rapper list your a faggot.

anyway

lol wtf this guy has never heard of any rap outside of new york. so he put eazy e and luda?eazy didnt even write his own lyrics. I would bet alot of money the person who did this list isnt over 15 and is a euro.

lol gay as list move along nothing to see here.

obviously a wu fan:

Killa Sin
Lake
Capone
Nore
RZA
Inspectah Deck
Masta Killa
UGod
Big Noyd
Baretta 9
Nature
Hussein Fatal
MC Shan
Joe Budden
Kool G Rap
Bumpy Knuckles
Styles P
Sheek Louch
Old 05-17-2009, 06:04 PM   #8
spiggity_ace
Veteran Member

spiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venoms

lol kool g rap honorable mention wtf, did he even include krayzie bone on their or bizzy ?
spiggity_ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 08:44 PM   #9
SickT
Pretty Toney

SickT iron monkeySickT iron monkeySickT iron monkeySickT iron monkey

that list has too many average new york mc's in it. who seriously thinks Blaq Poet is one of the top 40 rappers ever?
Old 05-18-2009, 03:16 AM   #10
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

'Lacey, ODB is my fav. emcee, and he deserves a special mention every time, but so does Too Poetic [!!!!!!!!!!]. I do think the list is bad
Old 05-18-2009, 03:25 AM   #11
The Hound
Fuck the King

The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I disagree with Kurupt, Fabolos, Canibus, Blaq Poet, Keith Murray and Beanie Sigel. Common and Talib Kweli are pretty debatable.

Rappers like ODB and Eazy E should always be included in these lists because their standing as a hip hop personality went beyond what they did on the mic, and they still released some pretty dope music. They both were very important.

Andre 3000 and Kool G Rap should have made the list. The list mentions catalogue of great music is a requirement when Andre 3000 and Kool G Rap have better catalogue's than those who I questioned.

Still, to come up with 40 is pretty hard considering about half of those genuinely pick themselves and the rest is tossed up for debate, probably depending what style you prefer the most. I can't really hate on the list when, IMO, he got about 33 of them correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
I say nigga and i'm white
The Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:01 AM   #12
IronFingaz7
NOBLE SCITY

IronFingaz7 iron monkeyIronFingaz7 iron monkeyIronFingaz7 iron monkey
Send a message via AIM to IronFingaz7 Send a message via MSN to IronFingaz7

Kool G Rap is an honorable mention??? The Fuck????? This list fails. Fuck that.

P.E.A.C.E.
IronFingaz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:02 AM   #13
Afficial_Nastee
Non Ignorants

Afficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal son

Nice list , everyone has their own favourite MC's but this list is very ok. The only MC's I miss on the list are Chino XL and Ras Kass....

Last edited by Afficial_Nastee; 05-18-2009 at 11:04 AM.
Afficial_Nastee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:43 AM   #14
-IrOnBuLL-

-IrOnBuLL- grasshopper

jus another list full of personal opinionz
no value watz so ever
-IrOnBuLL- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:16 PM   #15
JerseyIronman

JerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal son

damn wu got repped hard. and lmao at Kool G Rap being an honorable mention

Wera - if you dont think ODB should be on the list, you are indeed a faggot and you have failed miserably and being a fan of Wu-tang

JerseyIronman is offline   Reply With Quote