news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber > Album Reviews

View Poll Results: Blackout 2
Classic 7 7.61%
Superior 17 18.48%
Banger 38 41.30%
Good 14 15.22%
Average 4 4.35%
Mediocre 6 6.52%
Wack 6 6.52%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-17-2009, 10:29 PM   #1
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
AKA THE PROTO-CHAOS

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Method man & redman-blackout! 2 review

When it was announced a few months back that “Blackout! 2” was dropping on Def Jam and Mef and Red was back in the studio making some heat, you tend to be skeptical until you hear the material and or the finished product. And the album doesn’t disappoint from the jump the “Intro” grips, grabs you and while still giving you that hip hop appeal rather than be overly emphasize the typical tactics most new rappers use ie “gimmicks”. And with Mef and Red you know what cha getting which is that “Dis for all My Smokers” anthems but Red and mef are much deeper than any thought, think, thunk or would have considered they would. Think of this album as an update to their formula.

Even with the slightness of having two viable commercial-Esq. records like “AYO” & “Ms. International” their isn’t too much so crap on this album I straight gutter in your face music like “I’m A Dope Nigga”, “Four Minutes to Lock Down” (featuring Ghostface & Raekwon) which both songs embody what 90’s hip hop was all about. But the hardest knocking song on this album that will keep systems bumping throughout the summer months is “Everybody Scream” (featuring Keith Murray) and reason being it’s a smash of a song is because it’s not trying to be a radio hit and it could be because it ain’t convential radio song.

Another track that smashes up this album without no compromises is “City Lights” (featuring Bun B and Pimp C on the hook) and it gives Red and Mef a new dynamic showing their diversity and proving to audiences they can smash these new type of down south beats as well. Overall this album is a solid 4 out 5 because of this album slight polish and mostly its oil slick because all the dirt this album has in it. I’m say this album has no screen nor no filter to it’s straight down the mouth to hit cha hard in the chest type of record.

4 out 5 stars

NON IGNORANT...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:42 PM   #2
corky831
Veteran Member

corky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of fury

my review

BO2 (Intro)----4.5/5
I'm Dope Nigga----4.5/5
AYO-----4.5/5
Dangerous Mcees------4/5
Errbody Scream-----4.5/5
Hey Zulu------4/5
City Lights-----4/5
Father's Day-----4/5
Mrs International--------4.5/5
How Bout Dat-----3.5/5
Dis Iz 4 All My Smokers------5/5
Four Minutes to Lockdown-------4.5/5
Neva Herd Dis B4--------3.5/5
I Know Sumptn--------2.5/5
A Lil' Bit------4/5

Overall I'd say an 4 to a 4.25 outa 5 album......some very good songs.....some songs lack at the end.......not as good as the first blackout! but a good sequel......I feel Meth absolutely laced this album wit the rhymes and seemed sharp as ever.....Redman was good on the album as well but Meth was top notch with energy, flow, and wordplay.......Great guest verses from keith murray, bun b, raekwon, and ghostface, I'd think this album would be an outstanding album if songs such as I know Sumptn Neva Herd Dis B4 and How Bout Dat was left off.....nice album overall tho
Old 05-18-2009, 06:05 AM   #3
Mista JpKoff
The Cooker

Mista JpKoff crouching tiger

ok dont feel like writing a full review since i already did it in french... just that grade stuff.

BO2 (Intro) ***1/2
I'm Dope Nigga **** reminds me of visionz
AYO ****1/2
Dangerous Mcees **** good ol sermon
Errbody Scream ****1/2 murray goes hard
Hey Zulu ****1/2
City Lights *** dont feel meth's verse at all.
Father's Day **** classical
Mrs International ***1/2 a bit soft
How Bout Dat ***1/2
Dis Iz 4 All My Smokers ***** the bomb, typical scratch beat
Four Minutes to Lockdown ***** the bomb, part II
Neva Herd Dis B4 ***1/2
I Know Sumptn **** yeah its kamurshol but when its well done its hard to complain
A Lil' Bit **** real good ending

A good 4 stars album, belongs to the best of 2009.

STREET CORNER, by MANO
Mista JpKoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:25 PM   #4
Shallah Diamonds
SLIMEY SAVAGE

Shallah Diamonds iron monkeyShallah Diamonds iron monkeyShallah Diamonds iron monkey

Yuuuuuule! > BO! 2

Complete waste of time to release this shit brick
Shallah Diamonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 12:00 PM   #5
Fright
ADEPT

Fright crouching tigerFright crouching tiger

This is the best release of 2009 along with Cam'ron and Eminem!
Old 05-20-2009, 01:52 PM   #6
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
AKA THE PROTO-CHAOS

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fright View Post
This is the best release of 2009 along with Cam'ron and Eminem!
yeah and that say allot of about hip hop last year they're were allot of quality and this year there been quanity but not allot quality i dunno '09 got me mifted

NON IGNORANT...

Old 05-20-2009, 02:56 PM   #7
Blood Btz

Blood Btz grasshopper

I think the album is good. Nothing more.
Blood Btz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:25 AM   #8
Don Universo
PRODIGAL SUN

Don Universo iron monkeyDon Universo iron monkeyDon Universo iron monkey

Banger.

Don Universo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:26 PM   #9
Lakuu

Lakuu shaolin monk

BO2 (Intro)
Perfect way of starting an album. I like the beat a lot, and both MC's are ok on this one. One of the better tracks on the album. 5/5

I'm Dope Nigga
Beat is ok'ish. The chorus could be better, but it's not that bad. I like Mef here more then Red. 3.5/5

A-Yo
Pete Rock does his thing right here, love the beat. The chorus is catchy, good work Sauks.
4.5/5

Dangerous Mcees
I liked the first version of the beat more, but it's still good. 3.5/5

Errbody Scream
I love Mef and Keith Murray on this one. The chorus is catchy and I like the beat. This is a track which will be played on weekends, party song. 4.5/5

Hey Zulu
One of my favourite tracks on the album. Banger. 5/5

City Lights
Nice track, and Bun B kills it in a good way. Catchy chorus too. 4/5

Father's Day
Really nice beat. A bit lower tempo, I like it. One of the bangers. 5/5

Mrs International
Love the beat, perfect song for the ladies. 4/5

How Bout Dat
I don't know what to say about this one. The beat is kinda weird. Streetlife is very nice. 3/5

Dis Iz 4 All My Smokers
Classic. 5/5

Four Minutes to Lockdown
Maybe a bit boring track, atleast the beat. Lyrics are top notch anyway. 4/5

Neva Herd Dis B4
First I hated this song, but somehow I'm starting to like this more and more. Chorus is funny and catchy. 3.5/5

I Know Sumptn
Maybe the worst track on the album. I've played it only few times, and don't think I would play it more often in the future. 2.5/5

A Lil' Bit
The beat reminds me a bit of Da Rockwilder. Club track. 3.5/5

Overall there are some fuckin classic tracks, but then there is tracks like I Know Sumptn which suck. But most of the tracks are very nice, and it's a 4.25/5 overall.
Lakuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 05:32 PM   #10
Jin10304
Veteran Member

Jin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venoms

The beat to Dangerous MCees isnt any different then the 1st, only now Sermon used someones elses vocals on the chorus instead of Biggies, thats all
Jin10304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:54 PM   #11
Razorsharp
Take It Personal

Razorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killa
Send a message via AIM to Razorsharp Send a message via MSN to Razorsharp Send a message via Yahoo to Razorsharp

i thought it was gonna be a flop, but boy was i wrong, i give it 4/5, solid album

2 carrot cakes! haha

Throw Ya W's Up!
Propz To Sean For Kickin' The God A Siggy

Razorsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 05:41 PM   #12
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
AKA THE PROTO-CHAOS

Yeah this shit is def 4/5 banger

NON IGNORANT...

Old 05-22-2009, 05:54 PM   #13
-The A to the Z-
Veteran Member

-The A to the Z- iron monkey-The A to the Z- iron monkey-The A to the Z- iron monkey-The A to the Z- iron monkey-The A to the Z- iron monkey

Ha! - look:

http://www.metacritic.com/music/arti...dman/blackout2

As of today, Blackout! 2 has received 'Universal Acclaim' with a weighted average score of 84.

With only 4 reviews that's bound to change, but still it's good to see.
-The A to the Z- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:14 PM   #14
djskillz
Raggamuffin

djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I give it a solid 4.5/5. Nothing to say about it that hasn't already been said. 2-3 bad songs, rest are bangers.

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted
djskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 11:56 AM   #15
Hollow Dartz
Don't grab my jacket dunn

Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Hollow Dartz

I'mma drop a review next week....
Hollow Dartz is offline   Reply With Quote