news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop > Album reviews

Old 08-16-2007, 02:17 AM   #1
Bigot Hitman
"Come as you are"

Bigot Hitman shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to Bigot Hitman
Default UGK - UnderGroundKingz Double Disc

Before i write this, i'ma say this is the best album of the year so far, this and wait'in to exhale from devin the dude are my top two albums so far.

1. Swisha and Dosha-3.8/5
Good song to ride to, the beat is pretty good, but really this song doesn't have meaning. Its just pure entertainment w/o a true message. Good song anyways.

2. International players anthem feat.-4.5/5
Great single. the beat changes slightly for each verse, the lyrics are on point, and the music video is on of the best of the year. The "i chose you" sample is used perfectly by three six mafia on this track. Unlimited replay value.

3.Chrome plated women-4.5/5
The guitars and country vibe in the beat is great, the hook is great, the lyrics are great describing their cars as if they were women, and metaphorically they show off some good writing skills. Bun B's second verse stands out in the song, but you really gotta hear the production on this song, i think pimp c calls it "country rap tunes", sounds great. Pianos, gutiars, and crisp drums. And i can't get the hook outa my head "I got the grill on the front, trunk steady hummin', i fell in love wit my chrome plated women" rapped by the pimp.

4.Life is 2009-Feat.Too short-4.5/5
Again with the country rap beat, the baselines reach back to the sound of the "Get in where u fit in-Too short 92'" sound, that old Dr.Dre G- funk from the early ninties, but it doesn't sound dated in anyway. The verses are legit, too short closes the song with a nice verse as usual, simple flow, simple format, gettin u all the points. The song isn't about pimpin', like alotta people would assume, its called life is too short, and its about bullshit in life, and how they jus wanna keep out of it and live they own life.

5.The Game belong to me-5/5
First single, flopped up north, was a minor hit down south for a while, its better than international players anthem, and the baseline that pimp c puts in is perfect for the laid back feel overall of the song. The verses are laid back flow wise, but lyrically bun b is nice, and entertainment wise, the pimp doesn't dissapoint--"I just smashed up my flyin spurt, it wasn't shit, i just parked it in the grass and bought some brand new shit"--lol. His closer on his second verse is nice too--"AIn't gotta give no tricks no pussy, just cameras and screens, the easy money u can get, its the american dream bitch" Talkin about pimpin move'in to the net.

6.Like that (Remix) 5/5
The melody on this song is addictive, slow piano shit wit violins, and bump too. Bun b's flow on his second verse is twista fast, with great rhyme schemes, and a nasty feel to it. THis version is way better than the lil' jon produced one on the second disc. It just matches their styles much better.

I'll finish this shit later, its 23 songs wit one outro, and 3 bonus tracks, 26 tracks in all, which i won't comment all on right now, but even if u ain't ever listen to any south shit, u better pick this up, are u just ain't a real hip hop fan.

Post yo thoughts on the album on this thread, not south haters allowed though,1.
Cross your arms, its too late for helping hands
Spit your pity elsewhere, there's no sympathy needed
For one who's never alive, for one who's never completed (Bigot Hitman)
http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho...=25482&page=61

Last edited by Bigot Hitman; 08-19-2007 at 02:54 AM.
Bigot Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 04:43 AM   #2
GhettoGnom
Veteran Member

GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

It was okay... 60/40 good/bad tracks...

I'll give it a 3/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones
I didn't like it because of the beats.
GhettoGnom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 01:48 AM   #3
Bigot Hitman
"Come as you are"

Which ones don't u like? cuz i like'em all except how long can it last, an like one or two others.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:06 AM   #4
Bigot Hitman
"Come as you are"

Mods u can close this, i'm never gonna get the time to write it out, but its still the best album of the year, south is runnin this shit right now.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:42 PM   #5
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Why should I close it? I think its a 10.

Prolifical ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 01:49 PM   #6
Bigot Hitman
"Come as you are"

^^^because i'm not going to write a review for 23+ tracks for a site who doesn't respect anything from the south. No reason to take the time. As i listen more to the album, theres only one average track on the whole thing, "like that" the one that lil' jon produced, but the remix on the first disc might be the best song on the first disc. The closest thing to a classic in rap for a long time.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:28 PM   #7
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I know what you mean. Nevertheless there needs to be a thread to at least mention this album.

This album has an original sound and unlike the other one hit wonder shit that comes out every few weeks from the south.

Prolifical ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 09:49 PM   #8
Certified beatz

Certified beatz drunken mastaCertified beatz drunken masta

Good album you can tell they did not want to wait for another year with the material so they put it on one CD

22 Free beats and they are free download them now
http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41289
Certified beatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 07:24 PM   #9
TGambino
Veteran Member

TGambino iron monkeyTGambino iron monkeyTGambino iron monkey

one of the dopest albums this yr it bumps from start 2 end
TGambino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 10:02 PM   #10
junius
ADEPT

junius Village Idiot

GREAT album, 9.5/10 or call it 10/10 just for the audacity; even Talib's pipsqueak nonsense can't fuck this one up & wow, the UGK feature is ** by far ** the best thing on the dogshit "Eardrum" (even KRS-One dropped the ball), what a coincidence.

Q: any ya'll buy the version w/the dvd & if so, is it good? i bought the 2-cd set before realizing there was another.
junius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 04:48 PM   #11
CharlesJones
National Director of Toe-sucking & Janitorial Affairs

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

I don't like their song International Player's Anthem with Outkast but i'll check out the rest of the album because i'm a UGK fan. LOL@Andre of Outkast wearing a skirt in the video hahahahahahahahahaha. He's a fag.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 03:38 PM   #12
J.T.S.
God Of WAr

J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I know i'm late just purchased this album it's hot to def wow it bumps!

My evidence, my own testament, written on wood
Twelve tribes layin at the head of corners in hoods
Hell razah
J.T.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 02:04 AM   #13
RynMur
LVsMostBlunted

RynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkey

This is no classic by far. Maybe had the chance to be if they would've kept it a single disc. But I still gave them credit by putting out 2 cds. I have to say the first cd is a little better, when you get to the second disc. Many of the beats and chorus' start to sound similar. Besides that I don't find that many for sure skip tracks besides "Two Type of Bitches", "Like That", and the chopped "Int'l Player's Anthem"

Top 3: Int'l Player's Anthem; The Game Belongs To Me; Next Up

Overall Grade: (3.7/5) B+

Last edited by RynMur; 01-05-2008 at 02:13 AM.
RynMur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 05:49 PM   #14
djskillz
Raggamuffin

djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

9.5/10 to me. One of my favorite albums from last year.

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted
djskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:05 PM   #15
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

Been listening to this lately. It's DEFINITELY a solid double album, but it feels a little disjointed. The stand out tracks are amazing though and Bun and Pimp bring the heat! Possibly the second best UGK album. (behind Ridin Dirty obviously)

It's a solid 8/10
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote