news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 05-18-2009, 08:47 PM   #1
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa
Default Delonte West is underrated.

This dude has ALWAYS had mad game.

He was just as big a reason for St. Joe's success in college as Jameer Nelson. I remember watching them light it up. That was one of my all time favorite college teams.

He is so underrated tho. LIke when people say LeBron has a bunch of role players around him. Shit thats a smack in the face to guys like Big Z, Mo Williams, and especially West.

The dude is a great defender....yea, LeBron got 1st team all defense, but West is our best on the ball defender.

He can run point or play the 2 guard, can break his man down off the dribble at any time and nail the pull up jumper.
Excellent mid range game and can step out and hit 3's.

Can take it to the hoop and finish strong or finesse it up and score. Great FT shooter, good passer.

I don't see how that constitues a 'role' player. Thats about as complete as you can get.

Dude is one of the main reasons why the Cavs are as successful as they have been.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:33 PM   #2
check two
N.I.

check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Wasn't he a backup on the last place Sonics team?

check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:07 PM   #3
Dirty Knowledge
Banned

Dirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venoms

I'm not even gonna say nothing....lol @ 2.
Dirty Knowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:22 PM   #4
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by check two View Post
Wasn't he a backup on the last place Sonics team?

Thats why they were in last. They didn't play him enough.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:33 PM   #5
Sky Blue Danny Kid
Internet Community Member

Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

He's good, but he's a good role-player

He does a little bit of everything well in bursts, but he's never going to be go-to guy, or carry a team for an extended period, or get that weird birthmark thing off his face

I like the way he plays, but he's still a roleplayer.

Everybody on that team seems better than they are because of LeBron. He is already one of the best ever at making people around him look good.

Mo Williams and Z and DeLonte and Verajao and everybody on that team is a good roleplayer.

The team has great chemistry and is well put together, but without lebron, they are a borderline playoff team at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
I'm sorry? Negro English? I think you mean Ebonics.
Sky Blue Danny Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:39 PM   #6
OB4CL2
Mask On Crooked

OB4CL2 crouching tigerOB4CL2 crouching tiger
Send a message via Yahoo to OB4CL2

word yo i always thought that too. Delonte needs more respect. he has a better 3 point shot and free throws than Lebron this year.
OB4CL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:48 PM   #7
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautiFlyD View Post
He's good, but he's a good role-player

He does a little bit of everything well in bursts, but he's never going to be go-to guy, or carry a team for an extended period, or get that weird birthmark thing off his face

I like the way he plays, but he's still a roleplayer.

Everybody on that team seems better than they are because of LeBron. He is already one of the best ever at making people around him look good.

Mo Williams and Z and DeLonte and Verajao and everybody on that team is a good roleplayer.

The team has great chemistry and is well put together, but without lebron, they are a borderline playoff team at best.
I agree with some points, like the Cavs are a borderline playoff team without him.

But I dunno, maybe I think of a 'roleplayer' as something bad.

But I dont think Z and Mo are roleplayers. They have been all stars in the past.

For instance, Rondo is not a roleplayer. He is an essential part of that team. Without him, Boston cannot win a championship.

As opposed to say...Eddie House.

Same with Cleveland...West...Mo Williams are needed to win a champoinship, but Boobie Gibson is not.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:53 PM   #8
Sky Blue Danny Kid

Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Danny Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

James Posey was essential to the Celtics winning the title last year, and I considered him a good player, but he was still a role-player.

Quote:
Old 05-20-2009, 06:57 PM   #9
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

I would consider Posey a role player.

Regardless, Dwight Howards numbers will resemble a role players this series.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:03 PM   #10
Sky Blue Danny Kid

Who's going to shut him down? I thought KP did as good a job as you can do, but he still gets his numbers.

Its hard to keep him off the glass.

Of course, besides Rondo, without KG and Powe, the Celtics aren't very athletic.

Quote:
Old 05-20-2009, 09:09 PM   #11
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

well actually it looks like they are going to let Dwight go one on one to shut down the Turk and Lewis, which I think is smart because Howard doesn't have enough moves inside or at least he isn't very consistent.

Than at crucial points, you can double him, cuz you will eventually have to.

But I wouldnt let the Magic stay in teh game with 3's. I'd chance it later when the pressure is higher.

The Celtics did okay..your not going to stop Dwight, but you can somewhat control him, and if he is taking the shots and not getting dunks, than you also keep him off the glass somewhat.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:38 PM   #12
baritone
yeah nigga

baritone crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautiFlyD View Post

more people need to realize this, because without Lebron, the Cavs are barely an 8th seed, some can argue that they aren't even a playoff team without him
"Da Mysteries of Chessboxin', first of all the word "mystery" means "unknown", you know, and the game of chess is like life, so in reality there is no mysteries to chess, it's just to those who don't understand life"- The GZA
Quote:
"If I wanted to fly, nigga I'll find a way to fly, nigga"- U-God
baritone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:39 PM   #13
"X"
Cosmo G. Spacely

"X" shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to "X" Send a message via MSN to "X"

I would agree if he didn't choke tonight.
"X" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:41 PM   #14
check two
N.I.

check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Lebron pushed Howard out of the way late in the game, and Howard gets called for his
6th foul?

check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:56 AM   #15
BrklynZoo
Gravedigga

BrklynZoo shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by OB4CL2 View Post
word yo i always thought that too. Delonte needs more respect. he has a better 3 point shot and free throws than Lebron this year.
LeBron isn't that good at shooting yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Rome
Zack Greinke is better than Greg Maddux
BrklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote