news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

View Poll Results: Relapse vs Hells Winter
Hells Winter 11 61.11%
Relapse 7 38.89%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-27-2009, 03:48 PM   #16
Dr Sleepwalker
Sleepyheaded Nonsense

Dr Sleepwalker iron monkeyDr Sleepwalker iron monkeyDr Sleepwalker iron monkeyDr Sleepwalker iron monkey

I'm shocked these are even up for comparison?

It's like compairing Nirvana to Gunz N Roses... get on it's level..

Hell's Winter >>> Relapse, it's not even questionable IMO..

Main difference between Cage and Eminem, is that Eminem is still a gimmicky, commerically driven clown trying to make little boys and girls happy with his music. Cage actually grew into a real artist, making real music with real shit being said.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:33 PM   #17
Rame
Wu Vatican

Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Cage sucks.
Rame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:28 PM   #18
drippie k
este sitio es una mierda

drippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoGnom View Post
Wow you suck at picking out verses... That Cage verse was actually BETTER than the Em verse.. Em's very pretty much straight up wack.

And why are you debating Cage vs. Eminem? Come on, we all know Em is a better rapper than Cage.

OT: Hell's Winter by far. Some of you are overrating Relapse HARD.
are you kidding me? that em verse isn't the best one on that album but it sure beats the hell outta cage's shit..besides i just picked a random song off the album n picked the best verse, it just happened to be medicine ball...but tell what exactly stands out about cage's verse? or cage in particular other than him being a bitch-rapper
Old 05-28-2009, 03:49 AM   #19
GhettoGnom
Veteran Member

GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drippie k View Post
are you kidding me? that em verse isn't the best one on that album but it sure beats the hell outta cage's shit..besides i just picked a random song off the album n picked the best verse, it just happened to be medicine ball...but tell what exactly stands out about cage's verse? or cage in particular other than him being a bitch-rapper
Good storytelling? Plus his flows good and the beat's dope. It's not an outstanding verse, but you're comparing it to trash.

The eminem verse on the other hand is complete shite. His rhymes are weak as fuck, and his content is on some 14 year old boy shit. Not too mention his namedropping and dissing of pop artists which just makes him seem like an immature and bitter version of Chino XL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones
I didn't like it because of the beats.
GhettoGnom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:07 AM   #20
drippie k
este sitio es una mierda

drippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killa

storytelling my ass, all he talks about is depressed people and how life just sucks...cage is fucking emo...i'd rather listen to em name drop n say funny shit that some faggot complaining about how this world and life sucks...

Quote:
I'm tryin' to pick up the pieces
Keep cuttin' my hands
When I put it back together, it's feces
In a permanent Hell I find tranquility teaches
We had to design perfect mass for our new Preacher
We're going too far, nobody could reach us
I'm startin' to drown and I'm covered with leeches
Until my last breath they'll be screamin' from the bleachers
Then I'll be dead like all my teachers

......seriously??

Quote:
Fee-fi-fo-fum, I think I smell the scent of a placenta
I enter Central Park, it's dark, it's winter in December
I see my target, put my car in park and approach her tender
Young girl by the name of Brenda and I pretend to befriend her
Sit down beside her like a spider; hi there girl, you mighta
heard of me before, see whore, you're the kind of girl that I a-
-ssault and rape and figure why not try not to make your pussy wider
Fuck you with an umbrella then open it up while the shit's inside ya
I'm the kinda guy that's mild but I might flip and get a little bit wilder
Impregnate a lesbian girl, now let's see her have triplets and I'll di-
-sintegrate them babies as soon as they out her with formalde-
-hyde and cyanide girl, you can try and hide, you can try to scream louder
No need for no gunpowder, that only takes all the fun outta
murderin, I'd rather go vinn-vinn and now you see just how the
fuck I do just what I do when I cut right through your scalp, uh
Shit wait a minute I mean skull, my knife seems dull, pull another out, uhh
ok
Old 05-28-2009, 05:11 AM   #21
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Both of them have never made great records.

Hells Winter is better than Relapse though.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:19 AM   #22
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

drippie, we know how u hate def jux

but

Keep cuttin' my hands
We had to design perfect mass for our new Preacher
We're going too far, nobody could reach us
I'm startin' to drown and I'm covered with leeches
Until my last breath they'll be screamin' from the bleachers
Then I'll be dead like all my teachers

in the whole context of the song :ava: this is one of few things Cage was always better at - expressing emotions [Eminem is great when he's angry otherwise it's meh]
Old 05-28-2009, 05:31 AM   #23
GhettoGnom
Veteran Member

GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
storytelling my ass, all he talks about is depressed people and how life just sucks...cage is fucking emo...i'd rather listen to em name drop n say funny shit that some faggot complaining about how this world and life sucks...
Again, people on this forum is fucking stupid. I never said Cage was/is better than Eminem, I said Relapse is worse than HW and the Em verse you posted was trash, while the Cage verse was actually decent.

If you're afraid of sadness that's your problem, it doesn't make it bad. I like listening to sad music from time to time, it's all about balance.

None of the Em verses you posted were funny. E-F@mm - Celly is funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones
I didn't like it because of the beats.
GhettoGnom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:33 AM   #24
METHODKillah36

METHODKillah36 crouching tiger

Quote:
Keep cuttin' my hands
Quote:
Fee-fi-fo-fum, I think I smell the scent of a placenta
Really? You hear those first few lines from Cage, think it's garbage and feel comfortable switching to fee-fi-fo fum, I smell a placenta?

Relapse is sick, but Eminem can still be corny, whether it's intentional or not. Cage makes you listen, think and understand, no matter what. His delivery and subject matter isn't for everyone but you can't turn your cheek to the rest of his skill set because of it.
METHODKillah36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:02 PM   #25
main_man
BANNED FOR LIFE!

main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
ok
^pretending to understand cage lyrics & failing miserably. and if complaining about how this world and life sucks is your criteria for saying cage is "emo" or that he "sucks" well guess what genius......

EMINEM HAS BEEN DOING THE SAME SHIT SINCE HE CAME OUT!!!

ok, so you dont like cage. we get it. but dont try to say dudes wack cause the cat can spit. especially trying to say that em dont rap about the same shit, cause he does.
main_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:45 PM   #26
drippie k
este sitio es una mierda

how can i NOT understand cage's lyrics, they're as clear as daylight (which is a good thing) but my main point is that ALL cage raps about is depressing shit and sadness and how fucked up life is...sure, eminem does the same but thats not ALL he talks about and when he does, its a million times more entertaining than cage's lame ass...and i'd rather hear em saying he smells a placenta than cage say he cuts his hands, puts them back together and they turn into feces...

and this ain't about not liking def jux, its about relapse being better than the box of tissues that is cage's "career"
cry me a fucking river cage, really, i bet you seriously can

jesus christ
Old 05-28-2009, 09:19 PM   #27
main_man
BANNED FOR LIFE!

main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^ you know the songs about a serial killer stalking his victim, right?
main_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 06:53 AM   #28
KIND
smoke in your eye

KIND crouching tiger

Quote:

jesus christ
that song is not off of Hells Winter

stick 2 the subject

when u stray it makes your point have no value
Old 05-30-2009, 02:30 PM   #29
Rollo
An act of God

Rollo drunken mastaRollo drunken mastaRollo drunken masta

In the movies for the blind days, I'd give the edge to cage.
Lines like I'll undress your ghost while your brains taking a squirt just made Em's lines like "I'm yelling at you players like Marty Shottenheimer" seem... gay.

As of right now, both are uninteresting. One turned Emo, the other started rapping in a crappy accent, fuck em both. I'm listening to slaughter house and have no interest in Rehash or feel sorry for me.

t(*-*t)
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 04:11 PM   #30
Dr Sleepwalker
Sleepyheaded Nonsense

Dr Sleepwalker iron monkeyDr Sleepwalker iron monkeyDr Sleepwalker iron monkeyDr Sleepwalker iron monkey

wow, some dudes need to chill out..

Cage makes album's about what he's going threw or feels. When he was all leaked up and mental, he made albums on that vibe, Hell's Winter was VERY balanced, covered a lot of different subjects, which is what made it such a strong album. From listening to the I Never Knew You EP and Depart From Me, it's clear that he's just lovesick or some shit, and just like usual Cage, he's going to let you know it threw his songs. LOL at the people that don't like it because of it's emotional, deep content. I dunno, I like hearing REAL things, that's just me though, I grew up listening to Alice In Chains, John Lennon, Nirvana, ..ect.. before I started to tune into hip-hop. Maybe I just like 'whiney' music.

Back to the subject. These albums aren't even NEAR the same level of quality.

Yeah Eminem has some predictable Dre beats and some well put together lines..
But he's not saying ANYTHING.