news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Sound Shack

Old 02-25-2010, 12:13 PM   #226
SID
I see you dawg

SID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venoms

Yeah what he said about Burial was pretty heathenous, compared to Mary Annes views on the album "this has got to be the most beautiful mosiac of sound i have ever heard"

I like Jazzanova, he prolly put them at 3 to show the vareity of electronica as a whole.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:18 PM   #227
SID
I see you dawg

SID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venoms

The Black Dog is godbody....

Radio Scarecrow is a must have album

Old 03-03-2010, 07:14 PM   #228
JamSix
it's all gonna break

JamSix drunken mastaJamSix drunken mastaJamSix drunken masta

Haven't checked this thread in quite some time, not sure if Nosaj Thing has been mentioned at all (sorry didnt read through last few pages) but I just had to post this.

Old 03-07-2010, 02:15 AM   #229
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowzz View Post
Haven't checked this thread in quite some time, not sure if Nosaj Thing has been mentioned at all (sorry didnt read through last few pages) but I just had to post this.

Yeah, Nosaj Thing is great.

His album Drift was one of my favourites of last year, and all his remix work has been butter.

Love the way the beat comes in on this:

You should check out Shlohmo, Illum Sphere, Deadelus, Flying Lotus, Gas Lamp Killer, Eskmo, Mono/poly etc.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:26 PM   #230
DXN

DXN drunken mastaDXN drunken masta

gotta take some time to check the music posted..

Run DMC - My Adidas (Pilopriest Remix)
http://www.mediafire.com/?uimmnogotqo

love when electro and 80's hiphop are mixed correctly
Old 03-28-2010, 02:50 PM   #231
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Martyn's album Great Lengths is fast becoming one of my favourite electronic albums ever.

I bought it when it came out, and have listened to it regularly ever since, but the last month i've been playing it all the time.

Such a great combination of house and bass music. He intertwines vocal samples so seamlessly with some of the most luscious beats.

If you check him out, check out the album in full, it is near perfect. Here are some tastes:

Old 03-28-2010, 02:52 PM   #232
SID
I see you dawg

nice!
Old 03-28-2010, 03:10 PM   #233
Longbongcilvaringz

Actress' second album comes out soon, i can't wait.

Ill be sure to post shit from as it as it comes in.

Old 03-28-2010, 03:23 PM   #234
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

whos been listening to cosmogramma?

not sure what to make of it just yett, has some great moments, but maybe a bit self indulgent
Old 03-28-2010, 03:29 PM   #235
Longbongcilvaringz

Still haven't checked it out, i think i'll buy it.

What's it like it relation to his other albums?

His production last year seemed to be heading in another direction, don't know if that is reflected on the album or not?

Old 03-28-2010, 03:37 PM   #236
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

my initial thoughts from listening to this album and his last, is always "I think he does better hip hop remixes". maybe its because he has more of a clear focus.

i think hes trying to accomplish too much in one album. but im sure some people might be saying its a work of genius or whatever. sounds a bit messy to me.

i may take all this back though i havent listened to it in a couple of days, my opinion might change. a good album though. just could do with cutting down on all the extra crap floating around each song.
Old 03-28-2010, 04:01 PM   #237
Longbongcilvaringz

Yeah i agree, his remixes are always great. It would be good to hear him make an album with original beats and mc's spitting on them.

Some of his shit (The LA Ep's mainly) is just hard to listen to for me.

That being said, i think Los Angeles is a great album. 1983 less maybe, it's more rudimentary.

First time i listened to Los Angeles tracks i was really surprised, there are so many great beats on there. It's the perfect album to burn one too.

Of his recent shit, i like the Lil Wayne remixes he did a lot (i was a pretty big fan of the original of 'I Feel Like Dying' already anyway). I guess Cosmogramma isn't really on that kind of tip?

Anyway, usually takes me a while to get into most beat albums, i'll check this out soon and let it sink in.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:40 PM   #238
Longbongcilvaringz

Been listening to Bat for Lashes' latest album quite a bit recently.

I like it a lot.

Old 03-29-2010, 03:11 PM   #239
SID
I see you dawg

Yeah i love that album, wouldn't class it as electronica though.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:18 PM   #240
SID
I see you dawg

I dunno if you lot heard Venetian Snares, but god its awesome and when i say "it" i mean the musical entity that has formed from the collision of drum patterns and sfx that has all together become sentient, or maybe I'm just too high, in any case, shit is fucking hard.

The masterpiece

Wait for it.....