news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Sound Shack

Old 02-23-2011, 02:49 AM   #406
Durag
RaizaBlade

Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I dont really listen to a huge amount of house or techno, but this guy releases some great material, definitly more album orientated and home listening rather than the clubs, some real dreamy atmospheres. This may be more deep house:

His "Black Noise" albums from last year was dope, really nice atmospheres using a lot of icy bells and chimes to create something different, this is more minimal, but has some nice melodies half way through:

Durag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:34 AM   #407
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Yeah man, his albums are great, his first one "Diamond Daze" is also worth checking out if you haven't.

Maybe not as 'deep' as his latest 2 albums, but good also.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:02 PM   #408
Undiluted Karma
Savant

Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

dj zinc-crack house stuff

and break dnb is some of the best electro music i heard
Old 02-23-2011, 03:42 PM   #409
Durag
RaizaBlade

Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bateman. View Post
Yeah man, his albums are great, his first one "Diamond Daze" is also worth checking out if you haven't.

Maybe not as 'deep' as his latest 2 albums, but good also.
Yeah man, really like that track, nice mix of his more atmospheric later stuff with a more typical house bassline, ill check that album out.

I used to listen to a lot of house/techno/trance when i was younger, but i got bored with it and especially with the arrival of grime and then dubstep i stopped listening to it, but this guy has re-ignited my interest in it.

Reaching back a bit here, but two very dope artists:

Old 02-24-2011, 02:44 PM   #410
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Ah, Autechre are nice, been meaning to get into more of their music.

I've only listened to the Amber album, but really liked it.

Same with Boards of Canada, only have a couple of their albums but really like them.

Deep techno stuff like Autechre is something i really like but have never listened to enough of to get into it heavily.

Old 02-24-2011, 02:47 PM   #411
Longbongcilvaringz

I also seem to listen to things in cycles, get a bit bored with a genre, move onto something else.

There always just seems like way too much music to hear to focus on one thing for too long. Unfortunately i like pretty much something from any genre, so i find myself downloading heaps of albums that i only listen to once, even if i really like them.

Hip hop is probably the only genre that i listened to exclusively for long periods of time.

Old 02-24-2011, 03:53 PM   #412
ALCATRAZ
sleepless in basedworld

ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Hip hop is probably the only genre that i listened to exclusively for long periods of time.
thats no coincidence
ALCATRAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:30 PM   #413
Durag
RaizaBlade

I only have "Music Has The Right To Children" and "Geogaddi" from Boards Of Canada, amazing albums, but i find i have to be in the mood for them. Depending on my mood i can find them a little monotonous and at times a little boring (particulary "Geogaddi") to getting totally immersed and lost in their soundscapes and thinking its some of the greatest music ever made.

Autechre i think have mostly brilliant stuff at times, but can be a little hit or miss on some releases, and a lot of people seem divided over a lot of their albums.

I'm the same when it comes to other genres. I can listen to some ambient to techno to drum n bass, or if im feeling a little more adventurous throw on some Venetian Snares or other drill n bass / breakcore, whatever you wanna call it (his "Winter in The Belly of a Snake" is dope though, very atmospheric and different then most of his shit), but i usually only listen to a little and move on. I have Caribou's "Swim" album and some CFCF that i still havent got round to listen. Hip-hop is really the only consistant and in the last two years dubstep also.

I think thats what i like about dubstep, particularly the early stuff, its a mixture of a lot of elements i like from other genres of which i usually tire off by themselves e.g dub, drum n bass etc. I usually go for more ambient, atmospheric dubstep like Burial, Pinch, Distance, Scuba etc, not too sure about this 'brostep' or 'filthstep' (horrible names btw), artists like Borgore, Datsik, 16bit etc, they some dope tracks, but i tire of it very easily wheras i could listen to "Burial" or "Underwater Dancehall" all day.

Last edited by Durag; 02-24-2011 at 04:33 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:34 PM   #414
Longbongcilvaringz

Yeah, same thing with techno, dnb etc, i can get bored with them pretty quickly.

I think i'll just download Autechre and Boards of Canada's whole discographys, most fans can't seem to decide which albums are actually worth checking.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:45 PM   #415
EAGLE EYE
0110111101110000011001010111001001100001011101000110100101101111011011100010000001100111011101010110100101101100011011000110111101110100011010010110111001100101

EAGLE EYE has disabled reputation

Quote:
Yeah, same thing with techno, dnb etc, i can get bored with them pretty quickly.

I think i'll just download Autechre and Boards of Canada's whole discographys, most fans can't seem to decide which albums are actually worth checking.

I posted a box set of Autechre in my Misc thread recently.

came across this tonight:

http://www.moovmnt.com/2010/07/29/da...dern-funk-mix/

mp3 link is somewhere on that page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Bandana View Post
you dont want me coming around dressed in black homie
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
Honestly dude, this is why I want to go to hell. Hell is crackin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crump Diddy View Post
Did I scare you?
EAGLE EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 12:18 AM   #416
Longbongcilvaringz

Ah, thank you muchnessly robbie.

Old 02-27-2011, 12:19 AM   #417
Longbongcilvaringz

Oh yeah and that Dam Funk mix is nice, that's the one he put out last year sometime right?

Old 02-27-2011, 03:50 AM   #418
Ozmosis
Lupus est homo homini

Ozmosis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ozmosis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ozmosis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ozmosis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ozmosis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ozmosis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ozmosis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ozmosis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ozmosis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ozmosis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ozmosis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Big thanks to who ever posted the Holy Ghost tracks. I'm really digging their stuff!

I really dig this song:

[+]Facebook [+]Bandcamp [+]SoundCloud [+]Tumblr
Ozmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 12:10 PM   #419
Longbongcilvaringz

When that came out i was really into the Classix remix, check it out if you haven't.

Been listening to a lot of Lusine since i downloaded his LP
A Certain Distance, everything he does is nice:

Ghostly International have some great artists, check out their site: http://ghostly.com/

Like this guy's stuff also

Old 02-27-2011, 12:20 PM   #420
Longbongcilvaringz

This guy's youtube channel has heaps of this kind of minimal-dub-techno kind of stuff, worth checking out if you're into that kind of thing.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Throbber1