news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Sound Shack

Old 08-14-2009, 03:17 PM   #46
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Updated the first post with a couple more things.

I'll work at getting a bunch of other stuff up in the next couple of days.

Been listening to Skyy a lot recently.
Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 03:40 PM   #47
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^^take it back to jarre- equinoxe and magnetic fields lol
I was talking to your brother about new order---i've been spinning power, corruption, and lies and low-life like a madman, as well as ladytron-witching hour for the poppier side of things.
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 03:41 PM   #48
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

The part from 3.10 - 3:20 in Skyy's track 'Get Into The Beat' is the best combination of sounds i have heard for the past 5 years at least.

A1
Let's Celebrate (5:32) A2
Call Me (6:21) A3
Get Into The Beat (4:24) B1
Jam The Box (4:54) B2
Gonna Get It On (3:38) B3
When You Touch Me (4:13) B4
Girl In Blue (4:28)
http://rs583.rapidshare.com/files/16...-_skyyline.rar

Old 08-14-2009, 03:43 PM   #49
Longbongcilvaringz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemic View Post
^^^take it back to jarre- equinoxe and magnetic fields lol
I was talking to your brother about new order---i've been spinning power, corruption, and lies and low-life like a madman, as well as ladytron-witching hour for the poppier side of things.
I've played 'Movement' about 20 times in the past fortnight.

New Order's catalog is brilliant.

Old 08-14-2009, 03:44 PM   #50
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^^shep pettibone has done some good club remixes for new order and depeche mode, but your probably already know that
thanks for the link and repped
Old 08-14-2009, 03:45 PM   #51
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Bateman View Post
I've played 'Movement' about 20 times in the past fortnight.

New Order's catalog is brilliant.
movement is another classic, genre defining piece, but in terms of their discography, i'd say it's all downhill after substance really

and it's a straaaange day....
Old 08-14-2009, 03:47 PM   #52
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

I've been getting into Kraftwerk- Electric Cafe alot recently under the advisement of my ex roommate; I still think it's their weakest post-krautrock album, but it's a brilliant piece of work
Old 08-14-2009, 03:49 PM   #53
Longbongcilvaringz

'Power, Corruption & Lies' is great.

'Age Of Consent' has always sounded like a precursor to a lot of the stuff by groups like The Strokes and Interpol around 2003/2004 to me.

Except New Order managed to always sound sincere and heartfelt without ever coming off as pretentious, while the aforementioned more recent bands generally seem to never quite capture that.

Particularly Interpol, who's music i find ok, but who's lyrics and vocals kill it for me.

Old 08-14-2009, 03:53 PM   #54
Longbongcilvaringz

I should have fucking seen Kraftwerk when they came here last year.

They were playing a festival with some other undesirable acts unfortunately.

Should have gone anyway.

I think Movement is probably my favourite New Order album actually, although Brotherhood comes close.

It's pretty hard to separate their first 5 album for me though.

Republic has kind of a odd vibe about it in my opinion, but it's still good.

Old 08-14-2009, 03:59 PM   #55
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

^^^ya i've never been able to get into Interpol for this very reason.

The bridge in 'Age of Consent' is just beautiful...the synth work in some of their songs is just jaw dropping as far as how emotive and evocative it is...and it makes me overlook how anemic Bernard's vocals sound occasionally lol.

I think the difference between New Order and their successors is that New Order were kind of haphazardly cannibalizing and synthesizing (no pun intended) their influences to create their style (a little britpop here, some kraftwerk there, some eno-bowie and lou reed sprinkled in); and also attempting to find a different direction after Ian Curtis committed suicide. Also their sound was part of the post-punk zeitgeist, as opposed to Interpol, which imo is a more self-conscious channelling of an earlier era. Which is why it reeks of pretension and affectation.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:03 PM   #56
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Bateman View Post
I should have fucking seen Kraftwerk when they came here last year.

They were playing a festival with some other undesirable acts unfortunately.

Should have gone anyway.

I think Movement is probably my favourite New Order album actually, although Brotherhood comes close.

It's pretty hard to separate their first 5 album for me though.

Republic has kind of a odd vibe about it in my opinion, but it's still good.
Republic was where they started to move into the more house, mainstream area, the sounds and vibe were too late 80s-early 90s club-identikit style for my taste, but if it come on when I have my music collection on shuffle I won't change it.

I saw Kraftwerk in 2004 at a theatre hall, most of the tracks they did were from tour de france soundtracks (which i love anyway), with one or two songs from their post 'ralf und florian' catalogue...it was an interesting experience, more akin to a performance art presentation than a concert really, but it's amazing to hear their songs on a concert system with the videos going, but I was stoned and floating on opiates at the time so it better've been a transcendent experience lol. if you watch the 'minimum maximum' concert dvd, it's pretty much the same show.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:17 PM   #57
Longbongcilvaringz

Yeah, live Kraftwerk was described to me similarly.

Old 08-18-2009, 07:45 AM   #58
Longbongcilvaringz

Not sure if i have mentioned Breakbot here before, but he makes some pretty smooth French Touch style tracks.

I went to see him earlier this year, and tickets were only available on the door. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, some trendster mother fuckers had got wind of the gig being 'hot' or something, and they turned out in huge numbers. My brother and his friends managed to jump the fence and a mob riot almost ensued, but i was further back in the line, and eventually had to abandon any hopes of catching the set. Apparently it was great though, and annoyingly, most of the people in the club didn't even bother watching it.

Anyway, he makes great stuff, and does some really good mixes.

Here are two which are a good introduction:

Breakbot - Dance on Glass Mix:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/5587255268d4cdc5/

Breakbot - Heroes Mix

http://www.mediafire.com/?tnmy3ytyxtm

Lew Kirton - I Can’t Live Without You
Silver Convention - Fly Robin Fly
The Cool Notes - My Love Is Hot
Eddie Conard - U Are Unique
BB and Q Band - Dreamer
BB and Q Band - Dream (Shep Pettibone Edit)
Grandmaster Flash - The Message (A Capella)
The O’Jays - Cry Together
Marvin Gaye - Please Stay
Joe Walsh - Things
Barry White - Love Theme
Journey - Don’t Stop Believing
Foxy - Lady Macho - Montreal
Doobie Brothers - What A Fool Believes
Index - Starlight (The Break)
M83 - Run Into Flowers (Midnight Rmx By Jackson)

(there is no full track list of the Dance on Glass mix that i can find right now, but if you want to know what a specific track is, let me know and i'll figure it out).

Old 08-18-2009, 12:15 PM   #59
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

^^^i'll check it out
what albums has he done?
Old 08-18-2009, 02:50 PM   #60
Longbongcilvaringz

Doesn't have an album yet, he recently signed to Ed Banger, and i think is releasing an album early next year.

This track is great.

Le Babar - It's On You

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?eeybjzdm3iz

http://www.myspace.com/lebabar