news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 06-01-2009, 10:36 AM   #1
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Fasting.

Do you ever fast?

Sometimes you need to detox. Just not take anything in but water, let your body cleanse. I cant describe exactly why it feels right to do. I dont know much about this shit, but I know its a long historic practise.

Its 5pm now, i havent eaten anything since yesterday morning. This is only because i have no food in the house and ive been too lazy to go buy some, but at the same time i half decided to fast for 24 hours. Im about to go buy some milk and bread and eat some cornflakes. I think 24-48 hourse is enough.

Maybe do it once a month.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:55 AM   #2
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
Do you ever fast?

Sometimes you need to detox. Just not take anything in but water, let your body cleanse. I cant describe exactly why it feels right to do. I dont know much about this shit, but I know its a long historic practise.

Its 5pm now, i havent eaten anything since yesterday morning. This is only because i have no food in the house and ive been too lazy to go buy some, but at the same time i half decided to fast for 24 hours. Im about to go buy some milk and bread and eat some cornflakes. I think 24-48 hourse is enough.

Maybe do it once a month.

very very underestimated

Elijah Muhammad said something to this effect

95% of our health problems are due to our diets

Quote:
1 I repeat, the main thing in "How To Eat To Live" is to eat only once a day or once every other day. This will take care of everything. You cannot go all over the earth trying to eat everything that people say is good to eat. But give what you do eat time to get out of the way for the next meal and the effect that it probably will cause. Brothers and sisters, let your stomachs rest.

Stop trying to eat three meals a day and all in between. That is enough to kill chickens and hogs.

2 Anyone who eats all the time has a very short life. Our greatest trouble, when it comes to sickness, is due to staying at the table, eating too much and too often. You have no regularity about your eating at all.

I'm currently eating 3 times a week

tuesdays, thursdays, and saturdays,

the goal is to get to the point of eating once a month

i won't tell yall the results cause yall will get frightened

but we don't need as much as we think we need

the less food you take in, the less water you need, the less sleep you need - you'll get much more done in much more time much more effectively

its said that Jesus fasted for 40 days and 40 nights
Moses, 120 days

this gets you in tune with your planet and the supreme mind connection
Old 06-01-2009, 10:56 AM   #3
PALEFORCE
penalty boxed user

PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEFORCE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i do a ten-30 day fast once in while maybe once a year. 10oz of water 2tblsp of lemon juice a maple syrup and add some cayenne pepper. use organic fresh ingredients. its taste like lemonade and i feel better more energy no hunger pangs or anything
PALEFORCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:05 AM   #4
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse View Post
i do a ten-30 day fast once in while maybe once a year. 10oz of water 2tblsp of lemon juice a maple syrup and add some cayenne pepper. use organic fresh ingredients. its taste like lemonade and i feel better more energy no hunger pangs or anything
i'm starting to believe that our hunger pangs are increased with the intake of sugar - allot of it is us coming down off of a sugar/syrup fix

its said that sugar is like heroin

i find that bananas work to curb that sugar addiction
there's a thread here on bananas

many of us don't know that we have a serious sugar addiction

replace the maple syrup with some Agave Nectar

or take some raisins and blend them with a little water and use that as a sweetner
Old 06-01-2009, 11:15 AM   #5
Kingkazim
mighty healthy

Kingkazim iron monkeyKingkazim iron monkeyKingkazim iron monkeyKingkazim iron monkey

very true about the sugar addiction thing.
When i havent eaten anything that contains high amounts of sugar i get a headache and feel like a crack baby wanting sugar.
Food is very connected to the soul i guess, which is why Islam practices this once a year
Old 06-01-2009, 11:18 AM   #6
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingkazim View Post
very true about the sugar addiction thing.
When i havent eaten anything that contains high amounts of sugar i get a headache and feel like a crack baby wanting sugar.
that white refined sugar is poison

Quote:
Food is very connected to the soul i guess, which is why Islam practices this once a year
Our Muslim family who consider themselves sunni or shiite do the Ramadan once a year but its a daily thing for the elite
Old 06-01-2009, 11:22 AM   #7
Kingkazim
mighty healthy

Kingkazim iron monkeyKingkazim iron monkeyKingkazim iron monkeyKingkazim iron monkey

whos the elite?
Old 06-01-2009, 11:26 AM   #8
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

Quote:
whos the elite?
those who qualified themselves

those who put down the traditional idea of what Islam is

and embraced true Islam
Old 06-01-2009, 11:27 AM   #9
Kingkazim
mighty healthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNNY WINTERS View Post
those who qualified themselves

those who put down the traditional idea of what Islam is

and embraced true Islam
And what is True Islam?
Old 06-01-2009, 11:35 AM   #10
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

Quote:
And what is True Islam?
Mathematics
Old 06-01-2009, 11:50 AM   #11
Kingkazim
mighty healthy

How is Islam linked to mathematics?
Old 06-01-2009, 01:42 PM   #12
ALCATRAZ
sleepless in basedworld

ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i'd like to fast but it's hard, i'll get a stomach ache ... does water suffice in that situation? cause i think only food will make a stomach ache go away
ALCATRAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 03:00 PM   #13
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

Quote:
How is Islam linked to mathematics?
mathematics......solves problems
Old 06-01-2009, 03:02 PM   #14
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakonitgod View Post
i'd like to fast but it's hard, i'll get a stomach ache ... does water suffice in that situation? cause i think only food will make a stomach ache go away
start off slow

if you eat 3 times a day, cut that down to 2 times a day and stay on that for a while until you get used to taking in less food
Old 06-01-2009, 03:14 PM   #15
RALPH WIGGUM
PRODIGAL SUN

RALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killaRALPH WIGGUM shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNNY WINTERS View Post
Our Muslim family who consider themselves sunni or shiite do the Ramadan once a year but its a daily thing for the elite
Are you saying that those who do the Ramadan are not true Muslims? Because Ramadan is one of the 5 pillars, and I know a lot of muslims who wouldn't consider a muslim anyone eating while the Ramadan.
EDIT: Do you mean that the Muslims of the NOI are more "advanced" than the Sunnites or Shiites?

Last edited by RALPH WIGGUM; 06-01-2009 at 03:16 PM.
RALPH WIGGUM is offline   Reply With Quote