news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 06-07-2009, 01:55 PM   #1
thatKid
Veteran Member

thatKid shaolin monk
Default Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon.. Best NBA Center ever ?

Where would you rank him?

For me in order it's

Wilt.. Even though he was like Goliath
Hakeem "The Dream".. One of the best ever any position to me (Personal favorite at Center)
Bill Russell.. How many rings? I forgot
Kareem.. Based on what I've heard from NBA historians
Shaq.. Hate him, but was very dominant

Honestly, I really liked the Spurs "Twin Towers"

Where would you put Duncan (Top 10 Maybe?) and David Robinson
Old 06-07-2009, 02:19 PM   #2
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

had a poster of his on my wall for about 10 years lol, but theres only 3 in the debate.

1- Wilt.
2- Abdul Jabar
3- Shaq.

Shaq doesnt come anywhere near close to someone like K.A.J on any type of skill level. But hes gotta be 3rd because of his total dominance of the modern league in hs position for so many years.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:59 PM   #3
spiggity_ace
Veteran Member

spiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venoms

i think wilt then shaq then kareem, ill probably take flak for this but wutever, shaq wouldve ate kareem if they played against eachother, hakeem is sick too id probably put him 4th then come with bill russel.
spiggity_ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 03:05 PM   #4
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

Hakeem was great. There were a ton of great centers during his era....Robinson, Ewing, Daugherty etc.

He ate up Shaq in the Finals, so that alone makes me put him above Shaq. Plus he has so much more skill than Shaq.
All of those guys did. Shaq got by most of the time on sheer force, and got away with alot of fouls.
Old 06-07-2009, 05:21 PM   #5
whitey
Wu Vatican

whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^ that was a young shaq vs. hakeem in his prime.

i doubt he does that to the 99/early 2000's shaq.
The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.
whitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 05:44 PM   #6
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Hakeem was definitely a more versatile and skilled player than Shaq. Hakeem could do it all. They were supposed to play each other one on one in that PPV, but it didn't happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
lol check 2, always bringing the funny jokes. that one made me really chuckle.
check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 05:51 PM   #7
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey View Post
^ that was a young shaq vs. hakeem in his prime.

i doubt he does that to the 99/early 2000's shaq.
SHaq never acquired any skills. He never developed a hook, or a jumper his whole career. Never got better at the free throw line.

Hakeem would have done the same thing to him. Only thing you could say is that Shaq would have been heavier and stronger.

My money would be on the Dream.

I was never a Shaq fan because of the fact that he really had no basketball skills.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:04 PM   #8
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
SHaq never acquired any skills. He never developed a hook, or a jumper his whole career. Never got better at the free throw line.

Hakeem would have done the same thing to him. Only thing you could say is that Shaq would have been heavier and stronger.

My money would be on the Dream.

I was never a Shaq fan because of the fact that he really had no basketball skills.
Shaq has improved his FT% steadily over the years.

And as for no skills, Shaq is actually a skilled passer. I think he has a certain level of skill through his amazing athletic abilty for a man of his size and weight. Compare him with someone like Yao, Shaq has alot of skilled body movements.

As NBA is a mostly non contact sport, you cant just say hes been so succesful only due to his physical strength. His moves amazingly well too, and rarely looks clumsy around the paint. This is a big feat for someone with his physical build. He can handle the and protect the ball well too.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:10 PM   #9
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

im not saying he wasn't athletic for a big man...im just saying his actually basketball skills were not too good and didnt significantly improve.

His FT shooting?? LOL ....what did it go from 48% to 56%?
Old 06-07-2009, 11:20 PM   #10
Rode Block
Make it brief Son

Rode Block crouching tiger

I would put The dream at Second Kareem is my number 1...He was the most durable Center in NBA history...His averages went down because he played so long, but in his rookie year he has averages of 29 PPG, 14 board, and 4 assists. His Sky-Hook is the most reliable Go-To shot in the History of the NBA.

Hakeem's post game was amazing...He destroyed David Robinson in his prime...He's the most graceful Center EVER. I think he would've dominated a prime Shaq. No Center was quick enough to guard Hakeem in the post. Ewing couldn't, Robinson couldn't, I doubt prime Shaq would've been able too. I know Shaq was a freak of nature, but Hakeem just has too much skill.

In short Hakeem had the Speed, Foot Work, Post SKills, Power, and Quickness to dominate Shaq, IMO.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:53 PM   #11
p-rok73
Veteran Member

p-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal son

Hakeem was one of the best centers no doubt, but not THE best IMO. I would have liked to see him play against the Bulls (with MJ), instead of the other teams they beat in the NBA Finals when the Rockets won.
p-rok73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 06:56 PM   #12
Rode Block
Make it brief Son

^It wasn't Hakeem's fault Jordan lost to Shaq...You can't knock him for that. Not to mention the Rockets always owned the Bulls in the regular season.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:08 PM   #13
p-rok73
Veteran Member

p-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal son

^^ In the regular season yes, but the Bulls never were defeated in their six trips to the Finals. Keep in mind that Jordan was still rusty from his retirement when the Bulls faced the Magic.
p-rok73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:28 PM   #14
Rode Block
Make it brief Son

I don't think that Bulls team would've been able to handle Hakeem. They had no Center that was even close the being as good defensively as Robinson...And Hakeem absolutlely embarrassed Robinson that year. Plus Vernon Maxwell guarded MJ better than anyone...He had his worst game vs. the Rockets...If the Bulls-Rockets would've met in the 1994 finals I think the Rockets would have won that series in 5 games. Easily. That's such a shitty match-up for Jordan.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:48 PM   #15
hectis
Vic

hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

he is the best center of all time

he is the Only player in NBA history to have won MVP, Finals MVP and Defensive Player of the Year awards in the same season

All-time leader in blocked shots

has the most steals ever for a center

top ten in blocks, scoring , rebounding, and steals. He is the only player in NBA history placed in the top ten for all four categories

most blocks in the playoffs

owned shaq in the finals

if he was on Boston win they were winning all those rings they never would have lost to the lakers

Banner appears courtesy of the craft of Bobby_Digital72
hectis is offline   Reply With Quote