news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > General Chat

Old 06-15-2005, 06:38 PM   #1
7EL7
Yes Yes Yall

7EL7 crouching tiger
Default Eye Site - How Does it Work

Its said that light emanates from the eye, hits an object then comes back into the eye, to the brain to be processed

Its also said that some people can see the surface of mars and show you it in a glass of water -

How does the eye work ?

"See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the LORD comes.
He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse."
7EL7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 07:20 PM   #2
LHX
healthy merking

LHX drunken mastaLHX drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to LHX
Default Re: Eye Site - How Does it Work

the eye works without us asking questions

defining the eye mechanism with words is like staring at the sun
Old 06-15-2005, 07:24 PM   #3
7EL7
Yes Yes Yall

7EL7 crouching tiger

someone replied at another place

Quote:
Colours area funny thing because they don't exist. Nothing has a colour. The eye sees objects with colour because the light bounces off it and reflects into our eye. Certain materials reflect different colours, hence not everything is the same colour. That's why when it is dark we don't see anything! There is no light to bounce off the objects!
i replied

thats deep

then the light from the eye eventually lights up the place and we slowy start to see things again - but the color is of cause different

its all in fun to think about these things and work the brain for answers

"See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the LORD comes.
He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse."
Old 06-15-2005, 07:30 PM   #4
I-Legit
Fuckin' Left

I-Legit grasshopper

strenth of the light also produces colors....stronger the LIGHT brighter the color
I-Legit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 07:36 PM   #5
36chambers
The People's Champ

36chambers drunken masta36chambers drunken masta36chambers drunken masta

i can tell ur on the internet too much 7EL7... isnt it SIGHT and not SITE?

BIG L Rest In Peace
36chambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 07:57 PM   #6
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 36chambers
That confused me too....also seeing "eye" beside that word....I thought Nakhi was "citing" something.

Prolifical ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 08:02 PM   #7
Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
Found My Purpose

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah crouching tigerSun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah crouching tiger

LOL yeah, but this is sum dope stuff to think about.........when you are high

"Reciting a biblical verse before I make your melon burst like that nigga Jules from Pulp Fiction...my salvation is salivation, and diction crucifixion" - Ras Kass

http://www.myspace.com/theblacksunn1 http://theblacksunn.blogspot.com

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 08:31 PM   #8
tostones

tostones crouching tiger
Send a message via MSN to tostones

Peace,

Ah, eyes are one of my favorite subjects, a very long answer is possible.

Our eyes detect the PRESENCE of light. Remember the elctromagnetic spectrum? Our eyes are able to see the wavelength between 380 and 760 nm. Other animals can detect different ranges of electromagnetic radiation. The color of the light is determined by frequency, intensity, and purity variations.

The real fun is how the eye turns light (wave / particles) into information the nervous system can understand. The neuron speaks in changes in cell membrane permeability, and much of our senses are turned into those in order to be understood and routed within the brain.

As a simple breakdown, I would say that the inside of your eyes is lined with receptors for light (called photoreceptors). When light hits those (passing through your iris), the photopigment molecule inside that photoreceptor splits, which causes changes in the membrane potential of the photoreceptor, effecting release of neurotransmitter glutamate, a G protein known as tranducin is activated, which in turns activates the enzyme phosphodiesterase, which destroys cyclic GMP, closing ion channels... etc..

thats just the most 1st step, and its very simplied. I suggest studing the anatomy of the eye and functions, as well as the very complex topographical arrangement the circuits in the brain from the optic nerve.

PEACE
tostones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 09:39 PM   #9
7EL7
Yes Yes Yall

7EL7 crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 36chambers
oh shit your 1000% correct

Old 06-15-2005, 09:44 PM   #10
7EL7
Yes Yes Yall

7EL7 crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tostones
Peace,

Ah, eyes are one of my favorite subjects, a very long answer is possible.

Our eyes detect the PRESENCE of light. Remember the elctromagnetic spectrum? Our eyes are able to see the wavelength between 380 and 760 nm. Other animals can detect different ranges of electromagnetic radiation. The color of the light is determined by frequency, intensity, and purity variations.

The real fun is how the eye turns light (wave / particles) into information the nervous system can understand. The neuron speaks in changes in cell membrane permeability, and much of our senses are turned into those in order to be understood and routed within the brain.

As a simple breakdown, I would say that the inside of your eyes is lined with receptors for light (called photoreceptors). When light hits those (passing through your iris), the photopigment molecule inside that photoreceptor splits, which causes changes in the membrane potential of the photoreceptor, effecting release of neurotransmitter glutamate, a G protein known as tranducin is activated, which in turns activates the enzyme phosphodiesterase, which destroys cyclic GMP, closing ion channels... etc..

thats just the most 1st step, and its very simplied. I suggest studing the anatomy of the eye and functions, as well as the very complex topographical arrangement the circuits in the brain from the optic nerve.

PEACE
i would have to read this like 21 times real slow to understand it

very deep stuff

if you look at the sky in the direction of a planet without blinking do you think its possible to scan the surface ?

Old 06-15-2005, 11:03 PM   #11
tostones

tostones crouching tiger

Peace

Aiight, I'll try to break it down a bit more, helpful to my own understanding as well.

It is useful to think of light as photons (packets of lights or particles). So you got the earth flooded with all these packets of lights coming from the sun. Light is tricky because it can also acts as a wave, and much like a wave of the ocean, the waves can be big, small, many of them coming fast into the beach, or not, which would refer to the wave LENGTHS and AMPLITUDES. Hard to properly describe without pictures of each.

The human eye is set to pick up a certain frequencies of those waves, sort of like a radio for light. By the way, primates and birds see in the higher end of the visual spectrum. In the part of the spectrum that we see, depending on the frequency, intensity and purity of those waves, its going to effect the perceived hue, saturation and brightness of the what we are seeing. Again, this is just the way the eye is, a certain wavelength= a certain hue for OUR eye.

Now, inside the eye, sort of like the inside of a basketball turned inside out, is a layer called the retina. That is where the photoreceptors I wrote about are located. Light enters the eye through the pupil, sharpened by the lens onto the retina. Your retina regulates how much light gets into the eye.

After that, it turns into the chemical/electro process I described. its dope because where an image lands on the retina gives the brain specific information about the spatial location of the object in the world.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:11 PM   #12
tostones

tostones crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7EL7
if you look at the sky in the direction of a planet without blinking do you think its possible to scan the surface ?
Peace 7EL7

Not sure what you mean.

I know that there are two main kinds of photoreceptors in the eye, Rods and Cones. Cones are for seeing color and are located more in the central part of the retina, like when you look at something dead on to see it the most clearly (thanks to color).

While rods tend to be at the sides of the retina and capture light to see black and white, which is why you can see fainter things with the sides of your eyes than if you look straight at them. Like catching a light out of the corner of your eye. Or looking up at the stars and you can tell its there out of the corner of your eye, but the faint star disappears if you look straight at it.

I know way back in the day the old boating guys used to do it when looking for light houses, you could straight up see a light house MILES sooner if you looked for it out of the corner of your eye instead of straight on.

What have you heard?

Peace
Old 06-16-2005, 04:08 AM   #13
Machete
Black Dragon

Machete drunken mastaMachete drunken masta

http://www.nobeliefs.com/light.htm

this link touches the same depths that tostones is speaking of. good stuff.
Machete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 04:52 AM   #14
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

eye don't know
Old 06-23-2008, 05:04 AM   #15
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Eye Site - How Does it Work

the opposite of however you think it does.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote