news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 06-07-2009, 10:56 PM   #1
energizer

energizer crouching tiger
Default the 3rd bass - the cactus album appreciation thread

recognize

dont see this get mentioned much here but this is the shit

im pretty sure its out of print so heres the link, let me know if its not working
http://www.sendspace.com/file/v324dh

Last edited by energizer; 06-07-2009 at 11:38 PM.
energizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 11:13 PM   #2
kwabena1041
Veteran Member

kwabena1041 crouching tigerkwabena1041 crouching tiger

hit a dude wit a link yo

kwabena1041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:21 AM   #3
cap
THE ILL ONE

cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to cap

i always wondered if that was emilio estevez on the cover??

cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:42 PM   #4
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

lmao^
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:08 PM   #5
Tito_Para Enfrente
Banned

Tito_Para Enfrente drunken mastaTito_Para Enfrente drunken mastaTito_Para Enfrente drunken masta

i wont lie, but i have looked at this c d at the record store, but i never bought it, 3rd bass is tight, i think i should buy it. steppin to the a m is a dope beat
Tito_Para Enfrente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:58 AM   #6
NAKHI the SOLORIAN
i still love h.e.r.

NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

the remix LP is even hotter

click the sig if you vatican status
NAKHI the SOLORIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:09 PM   #7
main_man
BANNED FOR LIFE!

main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

3rd bass is that shit.
smart lyrics, dope beats. and they brought a LOT to hip hop even after they broke up.

i dont know if the mellow tone of this record would translate well to this new generation of hip hop fans.
but i do think they were the first white hip hop act to really be accepted for their music. (sorry beasties)
main_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:45 PM   #8
iammzac
Veteran Member

iammzac prodigal soniammzac prodigal soniammzac prodigal soniammzac prodigal soniammzac prodigal soniammzac prodigal soniammzac prodigal son
Send a message via AIM to iammzac

What 3rd bass should I get? I always wanted to get some but I never knew where to start and what was good..
iammzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:07 PM   #9
main_man
BANNED FOR LIFE!

main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

well, homeboy. there are really only 3 3rd bass albums.

start with the first one, "the cactus album"

then hit the second e.p." the cactus revisited"

and "derelicts of dialect" (witch i always thought was one of the most underrated albums of the time period).

serch and pete nice both put out solo albums too. serch's was "return of the product" and pete's was "dust to dust". they arent as good as the 3rd bass stuff, but they are still better than 85% of the shit people put out nowadays. catch a young nas on serch's album, & a young cage on pete nice's album.
main_man is offline   Reply With Quote