news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop > Album reviews

View Poll Results: rate it
5: Masterpiece 2 28.57%
4: Banger 4 57.14%
3: Good 0 0%
2: Boring 1 14.29%
1: Wackadoccious 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-13-2009, 10:14 PM   #1
food for thought
Duppy Conquerer

Location: SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR
food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Mos Def - The Ecstatic

1. Supermagic - 5/5

2. Twilight Speedball - 3.5/5

3. Auditorium (w/ Slick Rick)- 5/5

4. Wahid- 5/5

5. Priority- 5/5 dooooooooooooooope
SHOULD HAVE BEEN LONGER, FUCK!!!!

6. Quite Dog Bite Hard- 3/5

7. Life In Marvelous Times- 3.5/5

8. The Embassy- 3/5

8. No Hay Nada Mas- 3/5 (spanish vocals)
sounds dope wish i knew what he was saying

9. Pistola- 5/5

10. Pretty Danger- 4/5

11. Workers Comp.- 5/5
this is on repeat.

12. Revelations- 5/5
should have been longer.

13. Roses ft. Anne Muldrow- 3/5
dont really like the singing on this.

14. History ft. Talib Kweli- 4.5/5

15. Casa Bey- 5/5
gets better as it goes.

Beats- 4/5
Lyrics- 5/5

Overall - 4/5

Last edited by food for thought; 06-15-2009 at 02:37 PM.
food for thought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 10:20 PM   #2
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quiet Dog is 5/5 and I think you overrated the second half of the album.

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans

Last edited by beautifulrock; 06-13-2009 at 10:23 PM.
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 10:26 PM   #3
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

If I'm not mistaken, No Hay Nada Mas is a remix of a song he did previously, at very least the hook sounds similar.

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:35 AM   #4
THE MASON
Winter is Coming

THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Im lovin this album, Mos is back on his game.

Reminds me of BOBS with the delivery and lyrics. I could listen to Auditorium all day, plus its one of my favourite beats of Beat Konducta: India, with addition of lyrics it brought out the beat more, slick rick def one of the greats as well.

ELITE STATUS
THE MASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:15 AM   #5
Tage
John W. Henry

Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

this album is a banger. Auditorium(madlib) is a classic track, 'Rick came intensely.
Old 06-14-2009, 11:15 AM   #6
-The A to the Z-
Veteran Member

-The A to the Z- iron monkey-The A to the Z- iron monkey-The A to the Z- iron monkey-The A to the Z- iron monkey-The A to the Z- iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
If I'm not mistaken, No Hay Nada Mas is a remix of a song he did previously, at very least the hook sounds similar.
I guess the delivery of the hook is kinda reminiscent of Umi Says.

But I'm sure you're talking about a different song anyway.
-The A to the Z- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:11 PM   #7
Blood Btz

Blood Btz grasshopper

I said it in other topic and now i say it here:

That's album is fantastic, great for chillin, relax.

5/5
Blood Btz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:04 AM   #8
crds
ADEPT

crds iron monkeycrds iron monkeycrds iron monkeycrds iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tage View Post
this album is a banger. Auditorium(madlib) is a classic track, 'Rick came intensely.
word, I'd love to hear more Rick over Madlib production, hell even Oh No beats would do, I think Ecstatic is a fine album and it's good to hear Mos over decent beats.

Last edited by crds; 06-15-2009 at 06:07 AM.
crds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:38 PM   #9
food for thought
Duppy Conquerer

food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

can a mod put a poll in here?

i forgot to do that shit

Old 06-15-2009, 02:55 PM   #10
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

For me it was similar to True Magic with a couple of better beats. He still soudns half asleep.

Ive given up hope of him even getting close to what he showed on BOBS after this album. Its hard to ignore his old shit for me, BOBS is one of my all time favorite albums.

Given that, Auditorium is going to be one of the best joints of 2009, but that Georgia Annn Muldrow crap will be one of the worst.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:56 PM   #11
Suga Duga
1%

Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Old 06-15-2009, 02:57 PM   #12
food for thought
Duppy Conquerer

lol ^ look at ghost caked up and shit LOL

Old 06-15-2009, 02:59 PM   #13
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

lol

Whoever recorded the vocals needs shooting. If they were actually aiming for that muffled sound, then fuck them.

I like the album though.

4/5, in its own right in 2009.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:48 AM   #14
BGS
aka Dun Jones

BGS iron monkeyBGS iron monkeyBGS iron monkeyBGS iron monkey

did madlib produce more tracks on this?
BGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:50 PM   #15
RandyP
Some where drinking

RandyP crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by food for thought View Post

8. No Hay Nada Mas- 3/5 (spanish vocals)
sounds dope wish i knew what he was saying

I'm feelin this song the most.

Here's the translation, I guess. The spanish that i do know seems to match up so...

Good one
Thin call me thin but my first name is jacin andante (the one who walks)
The last name the one who pays

Listen
That i am witness
The beauty the danger is different, of course it is the truth
The street and the town
The cottages and the centers

City quality costs more
War and life, love and change food that is being kept
Pistol, the prayer is for them
Ladies and gentleman
Family, upbringing
The light in the distance