news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 09-15-2005, 05:07 AM   #1
TeknicelStylez
I'll Fuck You Up

TeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of fury
Send a message via AIM to TeknicelStylez Send a message via MSN to TeknicelStylez
Default Slam

Saul Williams stars in it. He's a slam poet.

I'm just chillin flippin through channels, I see this shit about a nigguh thats dealin drugs and gets caught and he's a poet. So I watch it. It was a pretty good movie, had some ill poetry in it.

You see the asian dude in the picture?? There's this mad funny scene, where they in a paddy wagon together and the asian dude is flippin out, WILING AND SHIT. So the main character Ray he starts spittin some shit. The asian guy goes, "great another black emcee" so Ray keeps spittin, than the asian guy starts screaming "SHUT THE FUCK UP SHUT THE FUCK UP, WILL YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP", for like 10 minutes, and the dude just keeps spittin. So than they cut and they show the asian guy, and he turns to Ray and he's like "I wanna meet the guy thats gonna silence this whole thing, that'll be great, that'll be fuckin great, I would shake his hand. What do you think about that emcee?", So Ray turns and goes, "Ever heard of Wu-Tang Clan". That part had me dying for like 10 minutes, I would love to sample that shit and throw it in the beginning of a track.

Later on the asian guy almost gets killed by a group of cats, and he gets his ass beat by the C.O's for spittin on some guys shirt, he's only in the movie for like 5 minutes but he's funny as hell.

Good Acting, Hot poetry, Some Crazy shit.

Overall 8.6/10
TeknicelStylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 06:48 AM   #2
ironmantis
aka Dr. HappyHorseShit

ironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of fury
Default Re: Slam

I agree with you, that part is very funny. The whole film is brilliant and the soundtrack that goes with it is banging.

peace

Kicking the stick from the blind man of ignorance.

Systematic, global geographic, systemic, neo-synapsis, reload the graphics, notice I spit it rapid

I'm a true master, you can check my credentials, cause I choose to use, my infinite potential.

As I transcend celestial deserts, in search of an oasis / vanishing dreams to lay the fundamental basis / my soul chases / opposite dimensional spaces / material world just erases / I see a thousand faces / as I look into the perpetual sea / a million children follow me / into the molecular structure of infinity.
ironmantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 07:05 PM   #3
Eye M Woman

Eye M Woman grasshopper

A Young Saul Williams doing his thing independently...the lady who plays Kima from The Wire doing her thing think she helped produce it..cats like KRS on the soundtrack..yo...to many this is an indy classic.A movie with a message not glorifying the streets.....especially for Spoken Word heads like myself its much appreciated.I love that flick.Sh Clack Clack is such an ill performance piece...Saul ripped it.
Eye M Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 09:43 PM   #4
TeknicelStylez
I'll Fuck You Up

TeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of fury
Send a message via AIM to TeknicelStylez Send a message via MSN to TeknicelStylez

Yea man Saul Williams is a mad nice poet.
TeknicelStylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 02:55 PM   #5
Punch
Veteran Member

Punch iron monkeyPunch iron monkeyPunch iron monkey

Movie is great, real raw and intense.

Punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 02:58 PM   #6
ch-chef
Veteran Member

ch-chef shaolin monk

i dont know i dont think i liked it all that much...had some corny parts like when he broke up a all out brawl in the yard before it even started with his energetic poem, i like realism in movies like that...that wasnt too real
ch-chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 03:03 PM   #7
Fragmented
Tian Xia

Fragmented grasshopper

i loved this film saul is a true talents
Fragmented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 03:20 PM   #8
Explizit Content

Explizit Content grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Explizit Content