news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

View Poll Results: do you believe in sky god?
yes 8 36.36%
no 14 63.64%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-03-2009, 02:32 AM   #16
Visionz
The People's Champ

Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Visionz

I believe in the God you can't see. If that interprets to the same thing then yes. God, the source of all Life in the Universe as I understand Him/Her to be is really greater than what the greatest of human minds can comprehend.

Sky God to me kinda implies to a Santa Claus in the clouds type symbology though and to me its much greater than that.

Let me know how you feel about it so I can answer the poll correctly

Support the Real. Click HERE
Visionz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 03:34 AM   #17
drippie k
este sitio es una mierda

drippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killa

god is neither a him or a her in my opinion...god cannot be seen, heard or felt

i think "god" is something that connects us with everyone and every other living thing on this planet..nature if you will...i do not believe in a god that can talk to people and give people magic powers to part a sea with a stick that previously turned into a snake..or who inspired a drunken man to build a boat large enough to house 2 of each animal in a giant boat for 40 days and 40 nights...
Old 07-03-2009, 03:50 AM   #18
Visionz
The People's Champ

Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drippie k View Post
god is neither a him or a her in my opinion...god cannot be seen, heard or felt

i think "god" is something that connects us with everyone and every other living thing on this planet..nature if you will...i do not believe in a god that can talk to people and give people magic powers to part a sea with a stick that previously turned into a snake..or who inspired a drunken man to build a boat large enough to house 2 of each animal in a giant boat for 40 days and 40 nights...
but at the same time if you can create entire universes, why not?

Old 07-03-2009, 08:13 AM   #19
lynskey

lynskey crouching tiger

fuck no.

How anyone can beleive that there is seems ridiculous to me.
lynskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:54 AM   #20
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visions Unseen View Post
I believe in the God you can't see. If that interprets to the same thing then yes. God, the source of all Life in the Universe as I understand Him/Her to be is really greater than what the greatest of human minds can comprehend.

a source of all life could not be a he or a she - the current you speak of is life itself and not god -

Quote:
Sky God to me kinda implies to a Santa Claus in the clouds type symbology though and to me its much greater than that.

yes the concept of sky god is not easy to accept - gotta put the pieces together - but have to have the pieces in order to put them together

what you are talking about, that unseen force, is real - the supreme being taps into the purest part of that force called life and distributes it to those on a lower level of existance - through word its called the breath of life - this unseen force you speak of does not breath cause it has no mouth
Old 07-03-2009, 03:35 PM   #21
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

'sky god' sounds like a comic book character name, I like it. Superman vs. The Sky-God!

I voted no---I think that God---Grand Omnipotent Deity---whatever, is something so far beyond our comprehension that it defies are attempts to label it and categorize. I feel like 'God' is everywhere, everything, the entire unvierse and multi-dimensional space-time is God.
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 03:41 PM   #22
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

to add on also

God isn't limited to the sky - or a cloud
Old 07-03-2009, 03:43 PM   #23
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

my god is on cloud nine
Old 07-03-2009, 09:23 PM   #24
diggy
The ABBOTT

diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakonitgod View Post
what you gotta say to sunny's post diggy?
Well, now I see where the concept comes from.

Quote:
Believe it or not, lobster and crabs are crustaceans and are a part of the arthropod family, which include caterpillars, cockroaches, and spiders!

A Galactic Funking Hunt Wit Not Wont
diggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 01:56 AM   #25
drippie k
este sitio es una mierda

drippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killa

Quote:
but at the same time if you can create entire universes, why not?
cuz god, the way i think of it, isn't conscious in that way, know what i mean? universe being created, life, nature, etc. wasn't all consciously made by some being saying "ok, ima do this"

dunno how exactly to explain it, but do you get what i'm tryna say?
Old 07-04-2009, 02:54 AM   #26
Slide
underground

Slide crouching tiger
Send a message via ICQ to Slide

I believe in sky god
Slide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 04:11 AM   #27
Visionz
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by drippie k View Post
cuz god, the way i think of it, isn't conscious in that way, know what i mean? universe being created, life, nature, etc. wasn't all consciously made by some being saying "ok, ima do this"

dunno how exactly to explain it, but do you get what i'm tryna say?
in all honesty, not exactly. While the task of truly trying to comprehend God as a human is an impossible act, I don't think that God as the Supreme Creator of all that is finds anything difficult or impossible. If there are messengers to be sent then will alone makes it happen etc Just my understanding of the situation , no one in reality can speak definitively and as such I'm open to other schools of thought outside of my own.

Old 07-04-2009, 01:07 PM   #28
Koolish
Don't Mess With It

Koolish drunken mastaKoolish drunken masta

from reading the Bible, i've never seen anything that says "when you die you go here, or you go here". as far as i know heaven and hell only come in to play after the final judgment.
Koolish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:11 PM   #29
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolish View Post
from reading the Bible, i've never seen anything that says "when you die you go here, or you go here". as far as i know heaven and hell only come in to play after the final judgment.

1. 2 Kings 2:1
    [ Elijah Taken Up to Heaven ] When the LORD was about to take Elijah up to heaven in a whirlwind, Elijah and Elisha were on their way from Gilgal.
    2 Kings 2:1-3 (in Context) 2 Kings 2 (Whole Chapter)

1. 2 Kings 2:11
    As they were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to heaven in a whirlwind.
    2 Kings 2:10-12 (in Context) 2 Kings 2 (Whole Chapter)

1. Isaiah 66:15
    See, the LORD is coming with fire, and his chariots are like a whirlwind; he will bring down his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.
    Isaiah 66:14-16 (in Context) Isaiah 66 (Whole Chapter)

1. Jeremiah 4:13
    Look! He advances like the clouds, his chariots come like a whirlwind, his horses are swifter than eagles. Woe to us! We are ruined!
    Jeremiah 4:12-14 (in Context) Jeremiah 4 (Whole Chapter)

1. Jeremiah 23:19
    See, the storm of the LORD will burst out in wrath, a whirlwind swirling down on the heads of the wicked.
    Jeremiah 23:18-20 (in Context) Jeremiah 23 (Whole Chapter)

maybe some were thought to have died, but were really taken up into a whirlwind

Nahum 1:3
The LORD is slow to anger and great in power; the LORD will not leave the guilty unpunished. His way is in the whirlwind and the storm, and clouds are the dust of his feet.
Nahum 1:2-4 (in Context) Nahum 1 (Whole Chapter)

Yes !

I believe in sky God

Last edited by LORD NOSE; 07-05-2009 at 08:29 PM.
LORD NOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 04:11 PM   #30
ALCATRAZ
sleepless in basedworld

ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i knew i wasnt imaginin this shit props sunny
ALCATRAZ is offline   Reply With Quote