news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 07-18-2009, 09:40 AM   #1
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms
Default what do you think about mandatory car insurance?

this is not the usual subject that gets discussed in here but i wanted a serious discussion on this subject.

so they're gonna start cracking down on what they call "reckless drivers" in the city of Detroit by targeting those without proper papers.

i've always seen mandatory insurance as one of the biggest ripoffs there is. it doesnt cover or even help out with maintenance or gas, if your car is totaled your insurance will only give you bluebook value for the car, damage to your vehicle is not always completely covered, and if you dont get into an accident for the year you paid for your coverage you're not gonna get your money back or even a portion of it back.

on the other hand if you're on the road and someone runs into you totaling your car and severely injuring you why should that person at fault get to go scott free and not be held responsible? thats the justification for car insurance in that one has to have it for the sake of liability when you're at fault so that your insurrer can pay some of the damages to the victim.

so what do you think? is mandatory coverage ultimately for our own good or is it a bunch of BS?
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 11:43 AM   #2
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^^it's a scam

if i pay for insurance for 6 months and don't get into an accident, don't even get a speeding ticket or parking violation, why do i not then get that money back? or at least a percentage of it?

it's just more legalized rape of my wallet
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 11:48 AM   #3
check two
N.I.

check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

On a side note, I think it should be required in every state for a car to get inspected each year.

check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 11:50 AM   #4
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^^why? emissions? generalized safety check?

why?
Old 07-18-2009, 11:53 AM   #5
check two
N.I.

check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Various reasons, including safety and the crappy ass black smog pollution that some of those jalopies are putting out. Where I live, we have to get an inspection and emissions. In Florida where my sister lives, an inspection isn't even required.

check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 11:57 AM   #6
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

^^^yup florida lags behind as usual lol

yesterday i saw an old taurus station wagon pulled over on the side of the road billowing the darkest smoke, and then the front end just suddenly burst into flame lol...it was more raw then you could ever imagine

however, such a policy would disproportionately effect the poor...and if they can't afford to get their car up to standard or purchase a new vehicle i assume they would just be SOOL then?

i think the controversy about carbon dioxide emissions is a smokescreen anyway (pun intended)...these gases are plant food, they're not that devastating
Old 07-18-2009, 12:27 PM   #7
Rollo
An act of God

Rollo drunken mastaRollo drunken mastaRollo drunken masta

We used to have an E check or emissions check here in Ohio, I'm glad they repealed it.
There were many many many problems with the check itself.

People made it a point that many of the cars that did not pass the test once, could get back in line, get behind a different newer car in better shape and then pass.

Let me remind you, if the thing did not pass E check it had to be taken back to the dealer and fixed and then ran again and PASS or you could not drive it.

A true annoyance.

Cars put out a piss ant 5-10% of the total air polution we encounter today, it's a waste of time.

I hear now the absolutely brilliant state representitives are pushing for a soda tax... fucking douche bags.
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 09:55 PM   #8
drippie k
este sitio es una mierda

drippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killa

lol i wouldn't know, i don't pay for insurance, it's such bullshit...but every time i head out i gotta make sure all my lights work and never go over the speed limit...and watch out for checkpoints at night
Old 07-21-2009, 03:55 PM   #9
WARPATH
Dinosaur Hunter

WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via Skype™ to WARPATH

It's definitely a hustle.

I think it's a good thing, but they over charge people way too much. At least the liability.

I live in an area where cars are always running into deer. Add that to the fact that i'm under 30 and my car insurance is ridiculously high- to the point where I can't afford it.

I've used it in the past though, and had my car re-painted after it got keyed by a woman. But if I had saved all my insurance money for the year, I could have paid for it myself.

Luckily, where I live insurace is not a requirement. My solution is not to get pulled over when I go somewhere else.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:45 PM   #10
Wu-tang Fan
Veteran Member

Wu-tang Fan drunken mastaWu-tang Fan drunken mastaWu-tang Fan drunken masta

In Britain we have to have car insurance. If you are caught without insurance in this country you will have your car crushed, face a massive fine and have your license confiscated. When I got my license at 18 (driving age is 17 but learning to drive is very expensive also; that's a story for another time) I had to wait for a year before getting a car just because the insurance is so high! Quotes probably averaged £3500 liability only on a regular boring car. So needless to say I had to wait until now when I am only just affording it (no job).
Wu-tang Fan is offline   Reply With Quote