news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 07-21-2009, 09:14 AM   #1
KaramelSundae
#TU

KaramelSundae Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KaramelSundae Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KaramelSundae Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KaramelSundae Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KaramelSundae Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KaramelSundae Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KaramelSundae Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KaramelSundae Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KaramelSundae Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KaramelSundae Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KaramelSundae Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to KaramelSundae
Default Love & Marriage

ok some of you fucks maybe a little to immature for this conversation:

but

How do you feel about marriage?
obiviously it's down the road for most of you guys
but what are your thoughts about it in general?

how old do you picture yourself settling down?
are you the type to just live with your significant other forever
and never really have the title of husband and wife?

growing up and looking at your parents marriage,
do you think that will factor in the decision of wanting to get married?

for example:
some peoples parents have been married and faithful for 10+ yrs,
do you wish to have a marriage like that?
or if your parents have been divorced, does that change your view about marriage?

do you think theres an appropriate "age" to be married?

what do you think about arranged marriages?

BUILD....

ain't nothing change but the address...
KaramelSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:34 AM   #2
Urban_Journalz
HANIF

Urban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaramelSundae View Post

but

for example:
or if your parents have been divorced, does that change your view about marriage?

BUILD....
Fuck marriage.

I'm kidding.

Seriously, in general, it's a beautiful thing. One of the MOST beautiful things that we have. I pay no attention to the fact that most people see it as a burden and the end of their, "glory days", because that's the sign of someone who is out of balance.

I don't know how old I picture myself being really. Lately, the more I look at who I am as a person, and the calling that I seem to have in life, I don't think I'll be getting married any time soon, just because I have a lot to do for me and it would only be a hindrance at this point.

I could never live with the love of my life for years on end without the title of Husband and Wife. That to me shows cowardice and not appreciating what I have. Plus, I like strong women, so she wouldn't let that happen just as I wouldn't. Not without asking, "Wtf?" You know?

I grew up without my biological father around and really, it makes no difference to me as far as my decision. If anything, it taught me not to be a punk bitch and take responsibility for my own actions. Also, to be very careful before I do anything that I may not like the result of.

I think anywhere past the age of 20 is appropriate. I say this only because I know some people who were and are very mature at this age. The funny thing is, that they're probably not even onsidering marriage and are too focused on getting themselves together first and foremost.

Arranged marriages are bullshit. Another form of control. Usually the parties are never truely in love, which defeats the entire purpose of the ceremony.

Dope thread.

Peace
Old 07-21-2009, 09:46 AM   #3
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
LOL

Is this considered long now? 10 years?
Jesus.
Id say any marriage that doesnt last 20 years minimum has been a failure.

My opinion on marriage is that its simply all about each person locking the other down in a secure financial trap. Thats the only reason people want to get married these days, so they can secure themselves.

Its a selfish and paranoid practise.

Your looking out for yourself. No real relationship needs the word of a preist to complete it, thats fucking medieval and dumb.

If a man has money, the last thing he should be doing is marrying, whearas the woman will not be happy until she is married. Why?

Money.

Its all about cream. because people truly in love would trust they would be together 4ever.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:51 AM   #4
KaramelSundae
#TU

KaramelSundae Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KaramelSundae Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KaramelSundae Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KaramelSundae Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KaramelSundae Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KaramelSundae Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KaramelSundae Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KaramelSundae Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KaramelSundae Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KaramelSundae Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KaramelSundae Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Journalz View Post

Seriously, in general, it's a beautiful thing. One of the MOST beautiful things that we have. I pay no attention to the fact that most people see it as a burden and the end of their, "glory days", because that's the sign of someone who is out of balance.

I don't know how old I picture myself being really. Lately, the more I look at who I am as a person, and the calling that I seem to have in life, I don't think I'll be getting married any time soon, just because I have a lot to do for me and it would only be a hindrance at this point.

I could never live with the love of my life for years on end without the title of Husband and Wife. That to me shows cowardice and not appreciating what I have. Plus, I like strong women, so she wouldn't let that happen just as I wouldn't. Not without asking, "Wtf?" You know?

I grew up without my biological father around and really, it makes no difference to me as far as my decision. If anything, it taught me not to be a punk bitch and take responsibility for my own actions. Also, to be very careful before I do anything that I may not like the result of.

I think anywhere past the age of 20 is appropriate. I say this only because I know some people who were and are very mature at this age. The funny thing is, that they're probably not even onsidering marriage and are too focused on getting themselves together first and foremost.

Arranged marriages are bullshit. Another form of control. Usually the parties are never truely in love, which defeats the entire purpose of the ceremony.

Dope thread.

Peace

nice response...

i agree with a lot of the things you said
im 24 and i got married last year

its definately something you gotta work on
and its not easy
but nothing ever is

i also agree that you gotta at least be over 20
or be really mature
and you could still get married and do what you wanna do
just dont have a kid yet.
your spouse should be able to back you up on whatever goals you have planned for yourself, thats what its all about
its like team work.

and i dont think having a baby is a reason to get married either
my friend got married cuz of her kid when she knew she didnt want to
now her ass is divorced and doesnt have full custody of her child.
smh

i was just saying if your parents marriage affects your own personal decision,
cuz if they got divorced when you were young,
you dont think that would affect your view on marriage
especially if the divorce was ugly and messy?
i think it would be a factor...

but in the end
thats part of life
finding "the one"
having kids
creating a life together as one
and growing old together...

thats what it's all about

Old 07-21-2009, 09:54 AM   #5
KaramelSundae
#TU

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
LOL

Is this considered long now? 10 years?
Jesus.
Id say any marriage that doesnt last 20 years minimum has been a failure.

My opinion on marriage is that its simply all about each person locking the other down in a secure financial trap. Thats the only reason people want to get married these days, so they can secure themselves.

Its a selfish and paranoid practise.

If a man has money, the last thing he should be doing is marrying, whearas the woman will not be happy until she is married. Why?

Money.

Its all about cream. because people truly in love would trust they would be together 4ever.

some women have this dream when their young for the perfect wedding and shit
i was never like that
but to some women thats all they want
to be a wifey
pop kids and be a housewife and mom.

nowadays though
marriage isnt sacred
and thats whats sad
its just divorcing left and right

Old 07-21-2009, 09:54 AM   #6
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF

marriage isnt what it used to be. Its been degraded thru the last few generations to where the shit just dont mean anything in the long run. As far as I see it , its like a roll of the dice.
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:08 AM   #7
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^peace 2 INF tha god, glad to see your not dead or something else wack
Old 07-21-2009, 10:21 AM   #8
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

peace ghost. I had to do a lil bid real quick.felt like I was dead though.peace though
Old 07-21-2009, 11:09 AM   #9
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

aight inf, peace man, thats what the almighty green buddha is there for my man
damn i got some nice tasting weed right now.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:49 AM   #10
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:

but

for example:

BUILD....

love and marriage is work

people look to have this feeling when in love and they stop there

the elders in this society are not known to school the youth on what marriage is and the role they are to play when in marriage

in order to have a successful marriage the couple has to know something about the very nature of man and woman
Old 07-21-2009, 01:41 PM   #11
HANZO
Hanovallah

HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
marriage isnt what it used to be. Its been degraded thru the last few generations to where the shit just dont mean anything in the long run. As far as I see it , its like a roll of the dice.
co-sign this.

i come from a culture which is incredibly demanding when it comes to marriage. im not to serious on the whole marriage thing, i split up from my girlfriend of 2 years plus because she started talking about engagement and marriage and i bolted. i didnt want none of that. maybe its because nowadays marriage is perceived as the signal that your 'fun' days are over. i dont necessarily think like that, but it seems to be the general view on marriage these days. so im getting the idea that if i commit to one girl i cant do some of the shit i want to do. plus although im incredibly mature for my age im a person who doesnt take anything seriously at all, and because marriage is a serious thing it jus doesnt go along with my mentality. like the other day my fam went to visit the fam (entire fam) of my brothers proposed wife. and like everyone there was asking me when i was gonna get married and i said i wasnt thinking about marriage any time soon. everyone got shocked, ppl were like "you shouldnt think like that, you should be more serious about it, you should find a good turkish girl and look to settle down" crap like that, even my bro is telling me shit like that.

marriage is a massive gamble nowadays, plus how many girls out there are genuine wifey material??
Old 07-21-2009, 02:12 PM   #12
Cee Oh Vee
Capo

Cee Oh Vee drunken mastaCee Oh Vee drunken masta

Wow.

I seek refuge with the Lord of Daybreak

Cee Oh Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 02:19 PM   #13
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

My grandparents have been married 66 years.

check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 03:26 PM   #14
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I don't see myself getting married (if I ever do) until I'm in my 30's. Late 30's like 35 maybe.
definitely not anytime soon.
oh yeah
and a couple years ago my best female friend asked to get married in 5 years, but she got married since then

Last edited by Mumm Ra; 07-21-2009 at 03:29 PM.
Mumm Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:53 PM   #15
INF
Digital @fterLife