news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 07-22-2009, 02:41 PM   #1
diggy
The ABBOTT

diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Hip Hop Culture as Conditioning...

diggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 02:42 PM   #2
diggy
The ABBOTT

diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Old 07-22-2009, 02:50 PM   #3
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

hmm very interesting man. it might be a reach, it might not be. Not sure if you can do what hes saying just by keep saying "baby" etc though.

I have wondered why Jay Z keeps calling himself "young!" or "young hov" or "its ya boy" all the time.

Now ive seen the video hip hop does seem to have an obsession with all that shit. I think there could be other reasons behind it though than corportate conspiracy
Old 07-22-2009, 02:59 PM   #4
diggy
The ABBOTT

Language has a big affect on us. When we use words, we conjure up corresponding images in the mind. A good word could make someone feel good. Just imagine what these derogatory words do to us.

Old 07-22-2009, 03:05 PM   #5
dezmond

dezmond crouching tigerdezmond crouching tiger

Im so shocked.. Music being used for conditioning... WOW

Never saw that coming..specialy rap..

ho ho
Old 07-22-2009, 03:05 PM   #6
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

maybe, maybe not. Its not like were all fucking helpless zombies because we listen to rap.

The pictures on Illmatic etc have nothing to do with conspiracy. They are just a juxtapostion of innocence for the harsh street life which they rap about on the record. Its supposed to make you think.

That Illmatic cover is probably one of the dopest ever done.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:15 PM   #7
diggy
The ABBOTT

I don't agree with the picture connection.

Who said anything about zombies?

I wouldn't call any of this a conspiracy. It is done in the open. It is social conditioning. We get it on many levels. Entertainment is just one of those levels.

Old 07-22-2009, 03:16 PM   #8
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

i agree
Old 07-22-2009, 05:20 PM   #9
Cee Oh Vee
Capo

Cee Oh Vee drunken mastaCee Oh Vee drunken masta

Amazing stuff. Eye-opening for sure.

I seek refuge with the Lord of Daybreak

Cee Oh Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 06:08 PM   #10
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

deep videos

gives racist a reason to "go ape" on black folks

Old 07-22-2009, 06:18 PM   #11
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

just watched the 2nd vid, this shit is real interesting to think about.

Id like him to go deeper into more detail before i can make a judgement. Of course alot of it is simply conjecture and opinion, but i hadnt thought about alot of that stuff before.

I had noticed though that men these days are so bitch like. And that women are more mannish. Maybe its just a trend?
Old 07-22-2009, 06:22 PM   #12
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Old 07-23-2009, 02:53 PM   #13
WARPATH
Dinosaur Hunter

WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via Skype™ to WARPATH

I think we should discuss the conditioning "gangsta rap" has on children.

There's difference between hip-hop culture and hard core rap music made for adults.

From my personal experience, I've seen how gangsta rap influences children. But it's not just the music. It's a combination of music, environment, and role models.

Better parenting comes to mind.

Gangsta rap confuses little kids. When they see rap videos where these artists glorify guns, drugs, and abuse towards women, THEN they see their older brother acting and talking like a thug, THEN they feel like their in bad envrioment because they look at what they don't have instead of being happy with what they do have....

Well it tends to make some children act ignorant of their situation. Even though most kids are smart enough to know the difference, they get confused. In this way they are conditioned to act out what their roll models do on television. They think it is acceptable. They mimic the "I don't give a fuck" attitude of others.

Around the 3rd grade ( 8-9 yr olds ) is where I see it start. Kids start writhing bloods or crips in their notebooks. They brag about their older brothers being in gangs. They go on you tube to watch gang fights or they sing their favorite gangsta rap lyrics in class.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:10 PM   #14
Cee Oh Vee
Capo

Cee Oh Vee drunken mastaCee Oh Vee drunken masta

You can blame parenting. But it isn't as simple as that.

My parents never restricted me from listening to gangsta rap, watching movies like 'Menace II Society", etcetera.

Seeing my older brothers rap, listen to and watch the same stuff, smoke weed and all that added up. I thought I was an absolute G.

But as I got older, I firstly, realised I wasn't a G, and realised that gangsta rap, along with the movies, gangs, and weed is all nonsense.

If I didn't experience that stuff from a third person perspective, I would perhaps not realise those things.

That was a rushed post - peace.

I seek refuge with the Lord of Daybreak

Cee Oh Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 03:50 PM   #15
WARPATH
Dinosaur Hunter

WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via Skype™ to WARPATH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cee Oh Vee View Post
You can blame parenting. But it isn't as simple as that.

My parents never restricted me from listening to gangsta rap, watching movies like 'Menace II Society", etcetera.

Seeing my older brothers rap, listen to and watch the same stuff, smoke weed and all that added up. I thought I was an absolute G.

But as I got older, I firstly, realised I wasn't a G, and realised that gangsta rap, along with the movies, gangs, and weed is all nonsense.

If I didn't experience that stuff from a third person perspective, I would perhaps not realise those things.

That was a rushed post - peace.
Indeed. Which is where environment steps in. Some kids are smart enough to know the difference from right and wrong, while others get that: I don't give a fuck attitude. I think environment and parenting play a major role in this attitude.

Environment can include wide array of things, but some things that i'm thinking about are: peers, sleeping arrangements, diet ( or lack of nourshiment ) , home life ( or family kin ship ) , shelter ( for example, living in projects )

Parenting is the relationship between a child and the people that are suppose to protect that child.

But, if your in community like mine where girls are getting raped, kids are beating each other to death with baseball bats, or ocassionally guns. Well all factors need to be looked at.

The right combination of enviroment, and the right harmony of words [ or influence ( music) - parenting- role models ] is the difference between a child become a scholar or a gang member. Then there's those that become both.

You want to make brownies you need a recipe. You want make weed brownies you need to add somethings to that recipe. You want to make a cake, you need a completley different recipe.