0
 

home
news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2006, 11:04 PM   #91
deadlymelody
Wu Vatican
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Age: 25
Posts: 3,813
Rep Power: 17
deadlymelody grasshopper
Default

It isn't like Premo has never had a bad beat, because there are several. Rza has his bad beats as well.
__________________
deadlymelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 11:08 PM   #92
THE W
ISRAELITE
 
THE W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: in Christ
Posts: 15,567
Rep Power: 46
THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedlam
One arguement that could be made in Primo's favor is that RZA has always had the best of rappers on his beats (THE WU-TANG CLAN), which can make the beats seem better than they really are. Meanwhile, Primo has worked with alot of legends, but I hardly would put Guru on Wu-Tang's level, along with some of the other mediocre artists that Primo has worked with.

I'm not saying one's better than the other because of that, but that is one thing you could take into consideration when comparing them.
eh, i would've thought the beats for cuban linx and liquid swords were dope if T.I. rapped over them.
__________________
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 01:06 AM   #93
Frank Drebin
shaolin shadowboxer
 
Frank Drebin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Police Squad
Age: 34
Posts: 4,699
Rep Power: 34
Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default

rza no doubt
__________________
Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 01:08 AM   #94
maestro wooz
Veteran Member
 
maestro wooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Maryland
Age: 27
Posts: 4,790
Rep Power: 0
maestro wooz Village Idiot
Default

close but i gotta go with rza because of how he pushed the bar. Premo is ridiculous, no doubt. But rza painted pictures with the first wu albums, no one else has been able to do that.
maestro wooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 01:26 AM   #95
Razorsharp
Take It Personal
 
Razorsharp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Underground Where The Rats At
Age: 26
Posts: 9,800
Rep Power: 31
Razorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killa
Send a message via AIM to Razorsharp Send a message via MSN to Razorsharp Send a message via Yahoo to Razorsharp
Default

*head explodes*
__________________


Throw Ya W's Up!
Propz To Sean For Kickin' The God A Siggy





Razorsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 01:41 AM   #96
TUCO
THE DIFFERENCE
 
TUCO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: D.A.D.E
Posts: 5,129
Rep Power: 23
TUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killa
Default

RZA is ok
__________________
a.k.a. The Difference saying check out my 1st video

TUCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 01:58 AM   #97
Blastah
Veteran Member
 
Blastah's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Europe
Posts: 394
Rep Power: 11
Blastah grasshopper
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadeDyNaMiTe
after listening to the beats he did for some of the R&B/soul artists on that discography i'd say what he was doing was making the same stuff he makes for hiphop artists. dj premier isnt tailoring his style to fit the artist, the artist are tailoring their style to fit him. same old boom bap except someone is singing over it instead of rapping which is just what i expected to hear.
And what about Devin The Dude's "Doobie Ashtray"? And what about Cee-Lo Green's "Evening News"? Primo is the illest ever, he can whatever he wants... he fits other artists style, not the opposite. Those aren't pure r'n'b, but what r'n'b has RZA made anyways?
Blastah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 08:12 AM   #98
THE W
ISRAELITE
 
THE W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: in Christ
Posts: 15,567
Rep Power: 46
THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms
Default

^^the songs he did for most of those R&B artists are remixes...hiphop remixes. premo didnt have to go out of his element to make those joints.

i just named some R&B songs Rza did, go listen to them.

i'll listen to the songs you mentioned later.
__________________
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 10:16 AM   #99
ukarema
God Ukarema
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Miami FL
Posts: 304
Rep Power: 12
ukarema grasshopper
Default

RZA hands down.

RZA is one of the FEW producers who knows the ends and outs of production equipment.

For instance, he can work with a SP1200 cuz he's already mastered it. Both the MPC 2000 & 3000 cuz he's mastered it. ASR-10 cuz he's mastered it. Now RZA has mastered the Roland MV-8000.

Premier has worked with MPC's for years and years, thus why many people feel he has a redundant sound. As far as consistancy, Premo hasn't put out a beat since Nas is Like. And that was a few years ago. While RZA is doing movie scores, which ofcourse to do that you gotta have a very broad scope of musical talent and knowledge to score any type of movies. That's the biggiest thing that seperates RZA from Premier. RZA's musical range is unparrelled.

I mean don't get me wrong premo is one of best to ever do it. But when you wanna talk about a guy who transends his sounds & pushes the envelope and also wantss to dedicate himself with adjusting to NEW technology. RZA is your man.
ukarema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 02:44 PM   #100
Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
Found My Purpose
 
Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 6,461
Rep Power: 22
Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah crouching tigerSun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah crouching tiger
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukarema

As far as consistancy, Premo hasn't put out a beat since Nas is Like. And that was a few years ago.
WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??!? dear god man, you don't even really know Premo's catalog and your saying shit like this. No fucking wonder. If you're gonna judge the two, know the two well. I mean use logic at least, the last gangstarr album came out in 03, which was far from his last work, his last work was earier this year, 2006. This year he's done shit for Verbal Threats, he's done the NYG'z album (coming soon) he's done the Smiley Tha Ghetto Child shit, he's done almost over half of Christina Aguilera's new album, he's working with Nas cmon now Premo is more consistent than RZA, but this year is also very important for RZA because he is really starting to get back into shit with Cuban Linx 2 and Miami Vice Soundtrack and all his other shit

Premo created his own signature sound, and he's the best at it. He's never stopped since he started, NEVER. And that's a proven fact. They both have transcended new bounds if you want to put it in that perspective, RZA with the soul sampling beats and Premo with the straight hardcore Boom Bap type shit. They are top 2 regardless. Problem is RZA moved away from his style and tried to master all these other things, and he hasn't really. And what do most Wu tang fans want RZA to do most, the thing they say is now making him wack? Go back to his old sound. Yet they say that him diversifying his style was good. I don't get it

I can understand if people like RZA more, & vise versa, but if you're gonna come with consistency as an argument get the facts straight first.

all i really gotta say is i like both of them, but Premo's consistency and high quality is the key factor really for me
__________________

"Reciting a biblical verse before I make your melon burst like that nigga Jules from Pulp Fiction...my salvation is salivation, and diction crucifixion" - Ras Kass


http://www.myspace.com/theblacksunn1 http://theblacksunn.blogspot.com


Last edited by Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah; 05-26-2006 at 02:50 PM.
Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 02:51 PM   #101
Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
Found My Purpose
 
Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 6,461
Rep Power: 22
Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah crouching tigerSun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah crouching tiger
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorsharp
*head explodes*
and in all reality this is how i feel after this entire thread
__________________

"Reciting a biblical verse before I make your melon burst like that nigga Jules from Pulp Fiction...my salvation is salivation, and diction crucifixion" - Ras Kass


http://www.myspace.com/theblacksunn1 http://theblacksunn.blogspot.com

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 02:51 PM   #102
venex
aka PROFIT
 
venex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Belgium
Age: 25
Posts: 5,063
Rep Power: 20
venex drunken mastavenex drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to venex
Default

yeah, offcourse premo is more consistant. that's a FACT.

I voted the RZA, only because I like the RZA's style better, but if you ask me wich is the best producer i'd say premo (objective)

same counts for my fav. mc, which is also the RZA, but if you ask me the best mc: the RZA won't be in my top 20
__________________
Shaolin shadowboxin' and the wu-tang swordstyle...
If what you say is true...
The shaolin and the wu-tang could be dangerous!
En garde, I'll let you try my wu-tang style...
venex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 03:02 PM   #103
THE W
ISRAELITE
 
THE W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: in Christ
Posts: 15,567
Rep Power: 46
THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms
Default

so since premo is doing more stuff then Rza he's better? how does that work? you gotta go with quality not quantity. as far as all the stuff you mentioned premo doing, that makes him a harder working artist not so much a better artist. Rza has been doing his movie scores so they're both making music. premo's making hiphop and Rza is scoring.

the ownerz album was pretty average. i have that album. i'd say world according to Rza has better production. what full album did premo produce after the ownerz?

premo does a lot better when he's making 1 or 2 beats for an artist but his full album productions dont even begin to touch Rza's. its funny with Rza that he doesnt do as well when making 1 or 2 beats. he's always trying to do something different.

as you said both these guys are top notch(and are both in my top 3) but if you wanna start comparing the two premo's full albums arent anywhere near Rza's full albums, and i've heard all of them from both producers.
__________________
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 03:24 PM   #104
Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
Found My Purpose
 
Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 6,461
Rep Power: 22
Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah crouching tigerSun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah crouching tiger
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadeDyNaMiTe
i have that album. i'd say world according to Rza has better production.
then you and i have HUGELY different tastes, that album is completely wack

and as for completely produced albums, besides gangstarr there's Jeru's first two albums and he basically does the bulk of the production for MOP's albums and Afu Ra, Group Home, etc etc
__________________

"Reciting a biblical verse before I make your melon burst like that nigga Jules from Pulp Fiction...my salvation is salivation, and diction crucifixion" - Ras Kass


http://www.myspace.com/theblacksunn1 http://theblacksunn.blogspot.com

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 04:35 PM   #105
ukarema
God Ukarema
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Miami FL
Posts: 304
Rep Power: 12
ukarema grasshopper
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??!? dear god man, you don't even really know Premo's catalog and your saying shit like this. No fucking wonder. If you're gonna judge the two, know the two well. I mean use logic at least, the last gangstarr album came out in 03, which was far from his last work, his last work was earier this year, 2006. This year he's done shit for Verbal Threats, he's done the NYG'z album (coming soon) he's done the Smiley Tha Ghetto Child shit, he's done almost over half of Christina Aguilera's new album, he's working with Nas cmon now Premo is more consistent than RZA, but this year is also very important for RZA because he is really starting to get back into shit with Cuban Linx 2 and Miami Vice Soundtrack and all his other shit

Premo created his own signature sound, and he's the best at it. He's never stopped since he started, NEVER. And that's a proven fact. They both have transcended new bounds if you want to put it in that perspective, RZA with the soul sampling beats and Premo with the straight hardcore Boom Bap type shit. They are top 2 regardless. Problem is RZA moved away from his style and tried to master all these other things, and he hasn't really. And what do most Wu tang fans want RZA to do most, the thing they say is now making him wack? Go back to his old sound. Yet they say that him diversifying his style was good. I don't get it

I can understand if people like RZA more, & vise versa, but if you're gonna come with consistency as an argument get the facts straight first.

all i really gotta say is i like both of them, but Premo's consistency and high quality is the key factor really for me
LMAO, looks like a touched a premo stan nerve.

Actually man, i'm bumpin this song right now produced by Premo from this kid named 'Termanology' called 'Watch How It Go Down' This premo beat is bananas.

Here is the link if no one has heard it, New Premo

Anyways, the consistency argument about RZA and Premo had nothing to do with who was better. But now that i've heard this new joint by Terminology he pretty much shut my 'inconsistency' point all together.
ukarema is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The lost forum sections Mark General Chat 29 08-23-2009 01:25 PM
If Beretta 9 is Kinetic then.................. racist randy Wu-Tang Chamber 17 09-11-2005 09:18 AM
happy b-day Le Iron Çheƒ 100pr00f General Chat 14 08-21-2005 07:32 PM
Taking Signature/Av Request. Wu.Mental Graphics Corner 30 08-08-2005 05:04 PM
Rate the 9 members solo's deadlymelody Wu-Tang Chamber 51 07-14-2005 09:28 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:34 PM.


Copyright ©2000 - 2013 The Wu-Tang Corp. & shift-one