news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber > Album Reviews

View Poll Results: Pt. II
Classic 62 32.46%
Superior 74 38.74%
Banger 38 19.90%
Good 11 5.76%
Average 2 1.05%
Mediocre 3 1.57%
Wack 1 0.52%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-11-2009, 05:41 PM   #196
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

It's a classic, there's no doubt, shit is loaded.

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:47 PM   #197
hotnikks
PRODIGAL SUN

hotnikks crouching tigerhotnikks crouching tiger

For me this is the Best release from a Wu artist since Supreme Clientele. Im serious too.
hotnikks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 10:58 AM   #198
sdeblasi
The Special Technique

sdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal son

i finally figured out why "We Will Rob You" always gives me an old school vibe...the sample for the beat was used in the song "Money in the Bank" off of Wanted: Dead or Alive by G Rap and Polo, makes me like the track even more now
Old 11-14-2009, 02:01 PM   #199
corky831
Veteran Member

corky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of fury

this album is a classic........still love it 2 months after its release
Old 11-15-2009, 06:11 AM   #200
Fright
ADEPT

Fright crouching tigerFright crouching tiger

yeah, i agree.For me this is the best wu solo album since SC
Old 11-21-2009, 02:55 PM   #201
-The A to the Z-
Veteran Member

-The A to the Z- iron monkey-The A to the Z- iron monkey-The A to the Z- iron monkey-The A to the Z- iron monkey-The A to the Z- iron monkey

Raekwon - Only Built For Cuban Linx 2 Review (WORLD EXCLUSIVE)
July 21st, 2009 · 1 Comment
“A Toast To The Best To Ever Do It”

That's still a flipping shit review.
-The A to the Z- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 02:57 PM   #202
Leo Angel
Veteran Member

Leo Angel crouching tigerLeo Angel crouching tiger

superior album, but in some time it will turn into classic, I'm 100% sure about it
Leo Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 09:41 PM   #203
raza Méng sou

raza Méng sou grasshopper

best album of the year imo but stil prefer 1st one.. pretty impossible to top that tho.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:41 AM   #204
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^ of course the first one is better lol.. look at it like this, OB4CL2 is the best album of the year but OB4CL1 is the best album of all time. there's a huge difference there...

this is probably my favorite LP of the year too though, and the only Wu album to make my top-5 and maybe even 10.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 07:01 PM   #205
sdeblasi
The Special Technique

sdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal son

^ cosign that whole post except the part about it being the only Wu album making my top 10...Dopium probably slides in there for me at 10
Old 11-22-2009, 07:19 PM   #206
raza Méng sou

raza Méng sou grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
^^ of course the first one is better lol.. look at it like this, OB4CL2 is the best album of the year but OB4CL1 is the best album of all time. there's a huge difference there...

this is probably my favorite LP of the year too though, and the only Wu album to make my top-5 and maybe even 10.
thats why i said its pretty impossible to top that
Old 11-22-2009, 09:23 PM   #207
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

36 Chambers
Liquid Swords
Cuban Linx
Wu-Tang Forever
Supreme Clientele
Ironman
Cuban Linx 2
Return to 36
Fishscale
No Said Date

Tical
Beneath the Surface
Bobby Digital in Stereo
The W
8 Diagrams
Protools
Grandmasters
Tical 2000
Iron Flag
Dopium

Here is my top 20 breakdown

I put Cuban Linx 2 in the #7 spot. I think it's better than the modern classics, No Said Date and Fishscale, but not as good as the top 6, all golden era releases. Everything in the top ten is 4.5 or above. I would call Tical the weakest of the golden era releases, starting at #11. Even though Return to 36 isn't a perfect album, it's uniqueness equates to #8. Sliding in at #16 and rounding out the top 20 are Pro Tools and Dopium, relatively new releases. Legend of a Liquid Sword would be my pick for #21 meaning GZA has 5 of the top 21 albums released.

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
Old 11-25-2009, 09:40 PM   #208
battle?
n.i.

battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^ we know how much u love ur "iglc" polls..
u have no right putting this album even in the same rent district as

Return to 36
Fishscale
No Said Date

Tical
Beneath the Surface
Bobby Digital in Stereo
The W

ill take one for the discussion..
really brock..
return 2 the 36 is not as good as cl2..
dispite all ur polls an such u still put cl2 above return..
so ur saying tracks like shimmy,zoo,raW HIDE,HIPPA2 THE HOPPA,dont u know..really dont u know...is not better than anything on cl2
dont u know..!!!
ur out of u fuckin mind bro..
the stomp..
snakes..
please tell us why cl2 is greater than dirty's 1st..
an also tell us why ur not a vatican anymore..

battle? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 10:03 PM   #209
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by battle? View Post
^ we know how much u love ur "iglc" polls..
u have no right putting this album even in the same rent district as

Return to 36
Fishscale
No Said Date

Tical
Beneath the Surface
Bobby Digital in Stereo
The W

ill take one for the discussion..
really brock..
return 2 the 36 is not as good as cl2..
dispite all ur polls an such u still put cl2 above return..
so ur saying tracks like shimmy,zoo,raW HIDE,HIPPA2 THE HOPPA,dont u know..really dont u know...is not better than anything on cl2
dont u know..!!!
ur out of u fuckin mind bro..
the stomp..
snakes..
please tell us why cl2 is greater than dirty's 1st..
an also tell us why ur not a vatican anymore..

Ok calm down a second and let's think about this logically alright. First of all, you didn't even mention two of the best tracks on return to 36, Damage and Cuttin' Headz which is a crime in and of itself. For that album, as great as it it is, had only two singles, Brooklyn Zoo and Shimmy Shimmy Ya. Cuban Linx 2 was hyped for 4 years and produced not only State of Grace and Shaolin Go Hard as scraps leftover that are classics, but also singles and videos for New Wu, Catalina, Walk With Me, House of Flying Daggers, Have Mercy, Surgical Gloves, and singles for Gihad and Kiss the Ring. It is arguable that there are at least 8 classic tracks on the album to as many as 20, more than the actual number of tracks on Return to 36 (16). Say what you want about Return to 36, it's a brilliant album, as are Fishscale and No Said Date...but those albums just can't match the bulk of straight bangers from start to finish that Cuban Linx 2 has. Feel free to tear down that logic in any way you like, I think I've stated my case clearly.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:14 PM   #210
battle?
n.i.

battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

cl2 has only been out how long..
were thinking about this logically right..?>
return 2 is going back where.?
i could of posted the whole track list of return2 from start 2 finish..
really "the bulk of straight bangers"
what track does every wu fan want to hear @ a wu concert..
its not state of grace..
its not new wu
its not house of..
do i need 2 go on..?
go ask rae what album he thinks is better..
an to shed some logic..
@ least the kung fu samples are relevant to return 2..
really brock..
u cant be right all the time..

battle? is offline   Reply With Quote