news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 07-26-2009, 08:38 PM   #31
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^^i agree with some of that, but i wonder if an organization like NOI would be more effective if the religious element was removed (yes im aware then it would not be NOI at all then) and it focused on pragmatic education and ideology. I think people would approach it with a more open mind, as unfortunately alot of black americans are unabashed christians, itself a relic of oppression.
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 08:41 PM   #32
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

islam is is a relic of arab domination in N. Africa...wut u talkin about
Old 07-26-2009, 08:45 PM   #33
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^^i wouldn't deny that...my point is that you're going o have a harder time trying to educate and uplift a god fearing baptist with islamic rhetoric than you would with 'secular' ideology...
Old 07-26-2009, 08:47 PM   #34
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

religion complicates everything because if makes people think irrationally without factual evidence.

like kids believing in santa
Old 07-26-2009, 08:50 PM   #35
HANZO
Hanovallah

HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i think ppl look on the NOI in too much of a negative aspect. Their teachings maybe questionable, but behind it all is the basis to elevate the level of knowledge within the black community in America. the guidelines set by the NOI teaches black ppl to be good, respectful, clean and honourable ppl. If ppl who follow the teachings of the NOI have these qualities then really the NOI is very positive in that aspect.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:55 PM   #36
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
religion complicates everything because if makes people think irrationally without factual evidence.

like kids believing in santa
this is why a feel an organization with the goals of NOI would be more effective if it had no connection to religion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAN View Post
i think ppl look on the NOI in too much of a negative aspect. Their teachings maybe questionable, but behind it all is the basis to elevate the level of knowledge within the black community in America. the guidelines set by the NOI teaches black ppl to be good, respectful, clean and honourable ppl. If ppl who follow the teachings of the NOI have these qualities then really the NOI is very positive in that aspect.
i agree...i think this can be done without locking people into another religious ideology.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:57 PM   #37
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

I suppose.

But contextually, there is always a fine line.

The Nazi party was good for Germany. Uplifted the German people, made them a power again. But was it good for anyone else?

The British Empire, the same thing.

I really dont think the NOI is any more evil than any other group.

Just dont try to bullshit me and tell me that all of your motives are righteous. Thats where the religious aspect totally fucks its credibility...all the while it does work for them because they can always fall back on that.

Basically, the reason it gets such negativity is because people can still see its teeth. No matter how much BS propoganda Bush put out, or Obama puts out, people still know what certain US interests are.
No different with NOI.

The reason it gets picked on so much here .......

start with sunny winters.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:58 PM   #38
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

to pandemic - yes i agree with it all 1000%
Old 07-26-2009, 10:59 PM   #39
knewcheeze
No Father to my stench

knewcheeze drunken mastaknewcheeze drunken masta
Default ffffff

ELijah Muhammad also said the son of Abdullah Muhammad is the last prophet....ELijah Muhammad said he is the Messenger of Allah...there is a difference beetween a Prophet and a Messenger...matter of fact in the God God sura of the Quran it says.....and eye quote

Surely that which you are promised will come to pass.
77:8 So when the stars are made to disappear,

77 And when the heaven is rent asunder,

77:10 And when the mountains are carried away as dust,

77:11 And when the messengers are made to reach their appointed time,

77:12 To what day is the doom fixed?

77:13 To the day of Decision.

whoops

yeah it says in the last days Messengerssss(plural)sssss will comefffffffff

so going by the Quran, Allah..the "We" of the Quran said that in the last days more than one messenger would be raised up

just a public service announcement

its funny you got this self proclaimed "black power" guy with a american flag on his jacket and then another more overweight "black power" guy who claims this guy is the "new black power general"

without Malcolm no BPP, without the Father Allah no Gods and Earths no Hip Hop, without Farrakhan no Khalid Muhammad....without Elijah Muhammad theres no Malcolm, Father Allah, or Farrakhan or the real black power General KHALID MUHAMMAD
knewcheeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 11:08 PM   #40
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

nice - ^

also Muhammad is titled the last Prophet - what did he prophecy and who is the Mahdi ?

what did he mean when he said that 3 generations after me will no longer be of me ?
Old 07-27-2009, 06:00 PM   #41
Mr. Muhammad
Manifestation of Allah

Mr. Muhammad iron monkeyMr. Muhammad iron monkeyMr. Muhammad iron monkeyMr. Muhammad iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDZA View Post
i don't know anything about the Nation Of Islam...so i was hoping that someone could give me a little bit of info on them

all i know so far, is that they hate white people or sum shit...but i don't wanna judge this religion til someone can explain to me what they are about and why exactly they beleive black people are superior to everyone else
What you THINK you know, and what is actually the TRUTH, are two entirely different things, in this case.

If you really want to know about the Nation of Islam, go to

www.finalcall.com

and

www.noi.org

and study FOR YOURSELF!

More later, insha'Allah.

RM
Mr. Muhammad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 06:53 PM   #42
Black Man
Veteran Member

Black Man crouching tigerBlack Man crouching tiger

3 pages and still no answer
Black Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:35 PM   #43
knewcheeze
No Father to my stench

knewcheeze drunken mastaknewcheeze drunken masta
Default ffffffff

"all i know so far, is that they hate white people or sum shit"

not quite.....om sure sum people in the NOI do hate white people but not all do because Elijah Muhammad specifically said this is not a hate teaching......hate is a toxic emotion

"but i don't wanna judge this religion"

if you don't wanna then why did you?

"til someone can explain to me what they are about and why exactly they beleive black people are superior to everyone else"

uh because so called Africa gave birth to every civilization on earth...

and this has been swept under the rug

when the planet finally comes to grip with this historical fact it won't be as nessesary to teach black supremacy....but until then

the Father of civilization must be glorified....
knewcheeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:40 AM   #44
food for thought
Duppy Conquerer

Location: SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR
food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
"til someone can explain to me what they are about and why exactly they beleive black people are superior to everyone else"
why should we accept that we are inferior?

whats wrong with telling somebody, "they lied to you. you are not inferior. you are great. and matter of fact, you are the greatest. be all you can be"

food for thought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:43 AM   #45
Compulsion
Veteran Member

Compulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by food for thought View Post
why should we accept that we are inferior?

whats wrong with telling somebody, "they lied to you. you are not inferior. you are great. and matter of fact, you are the greatest. be all you can be"
Nothing if you can say that without putting other people down. That doesn't seem to be the agenda though.