news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 07-26-2009, 12:35 PM   #1
Killah_L
CHICKEN HEAD

Killah_L shaolin monk
Default Cuban linx 2 cover

There has probably been loads of threads on this already I have missed.
My thoughts on the cover
-Computer generated Rae and ghost put together by technology
-Bit of a let down to me as they could have came way nicer with the cover
-The tracklist leaked only has Ghost on 5 tracks or that
-Being the way Rae is I am sure he would have him self on the cover with no risk of anyone taking any shine away from him
-Rae wants to be seen as the main creative force behind part 2 as I am sure deep down it will have pissed Rae off that so many see Cuban linx 1 as Rae, Ghost and the Rza. Many highlighting Rza as the main reason the album is a classic.
Rae has one massive ego and this time around wants full credit for what he says is a classic album.

Maybe thats just my take on it
Killah_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 01:14 PM   #2
Korleon

Korleon crouching tigerKorleon crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killah_L View Post
-Being the way Rae is I am sure he would have him self on the cover with no risk of anyone taking any shine away from him
-Rae wants to be seen as the main creative force behind part 2 as I am sure deep down it will have pissed Rae off that so many see Cuban linx 1 as Rae, Ghost and the Rza. Many highlighting Rza as the main reason the album is a classic.
Rae has one massive ego and this time around wants full credit for what he says is a classic album.

Maybe thats just my take on it
man he did that ambum by himself!! why the fuck would he give credit to someone else?
damn get a life man
Korleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 01:18 PM   #3
nick14

nick14 shaolin monk

wow ... .. what a Stupid thread.. .... Every thought is pointless, and inaccurate..

Must have been some shitty weed that Killa_L is smoking
nick14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 01:29 PM   #4
Killah_L
CHICKEN HEAD

Killah_L shaolin monk

I stand by what I said, everyone has opinions. If we all thought the same it would be a boring world. To say that none of my points are accurate is wrong. Maybe I am wrong and Rae is quite happy to make it as like cuban linx 1 in appearance as possible. There just my thoughts.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:33 PM   #5
smokebongoncliff
WuTang is the Foundation

smokebongoncliff grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to smokebongoncliff

i understand your last point. When i think about who created and took cuban links 1 to the next level i think of RZA.

Now yo yo, whattup yo, time is runnin out. It's for real though, let's connect politic - ditto. We could trade places, get lifted in the staircases. Word up, peace incarcerated scarfaces
smokebongoncliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 01:50 PM   #6
P-Noid Brown
same ol' same ol'

P-Noid Brown shaolin masta killaP-Noid Brown shaolin masta killaP-Noid Brown shaolin masta killaP-Noid Brown shaolin masta killaP-Noid Brown shaolin masta killaP-Noid Brown shaolin masta killaP-Noid Brown shaolin masta killa

Quote:
There has probably been loads of threads on this already I have missed.
My thoughts on the cover
-Computer generated Rae and ghost put together by technology
-Bit of a let down to me as they could have came way nicer with the cover
-The tracklist leaked only has Ghost on 5 tracks or that

a. the cover is dope especially being that someone from this forum made the cover!

b. the cover is murder it takes cl1 and flips it new style.

c. im pissed that ghost is only on 5 songs... that's not cl2 material.

d. definitely

e. im sorry it's not cl2 without ghost and rza, next off....
i would never take a niggaz word "it's classic" until i judge it myself...
we've seen rae talk about being the creative force behind all his products... look at the CLASSIC ALBUMS LIKE IMMOBILARITY AND LEX DIAMONDS STORY..

^^
no other wu dude can make classics like those albums!!! get it right.....

hahaha
without Rza or ghost. CL2 isn't CL2 .

the main reason why CL1 was classic... cause you had 3 magnificent minds focused on one project throwing ideas all over the place and were on the same page... they made sure the album was bloody...

how can anyone soley take the credit for CL1??
Old 07-27-2009, 07:15 AM   #7
Jin10304
Veteran Member

Jin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venoms

Ghostface is on 7 tracks not 5....

House Of Flying Daggers
Cold Outside
New Wu
Penitentiary
Criminology Part II
10 Bricks
The Jihad
Jin10304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 07:25 AM   #8
Korleon

Korleon crouching tigerKorleon crouching tiger

but why cant everybody just understand that its Cuban Linx !!!!!PART 2!!!!!
its not the first, so yes he did it alone without rza & ghost being involved as much as in the first one, im totally aware that it wont be as good as the 1st one but damn everybody here is already sayin it wont be good and nobody heard it
Korleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 07:53 AM   #9
Killah_L
CHICKEN HEAD

Killah_L shaolin monk

I never said it wouldn't be any good, I was just giving my views on the cover.

Personally I think and hope it will be the best Wu release since Supreme Clientele
Old 07-27-2009, 08:03 AM   #10
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

The cover is fucking wack
Old 07-27-2009, 10:12 AM   #11
DRUNKENDRAGON
Veteran Member

DRUNKENDRAGON iron monkeyDRUNKENDRAGON iron monkeyDRUNKENDRAGON iron monkeyDRUNKENDRAGON iron monkeyDRUNKENDRAGON iron monkey

What disapoints me about the cover is the photoshop. The first cuban ghost and rae were actually standing in a room with an actual big ass wu symbol hanging from the ceiling. The lighting, the smoke coming off rae's dome and all that shit was real.

Sean you're nice with the photosop, but I wish they didn't choose that route with an album so important.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:28 AM   #12
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Seans done better shit than this.

I dont think for one minute Sean should be designing the cover for CL2, but this is not even his best stuff.

From a design point of view (my line of interest), its wrong on so many levels imo. There seems to be a border around it, where everything just fades to black. The "raekwon" is wack, its all metallic, it should just be block white. The photo is wack, and doesnt blend at all with the photoshopping. Nothing pops, nothing stands out. Theres no acctual design thought process here, just random photoshopping techniques.

As for the superimposed photo itself, its horrible. Raekwon looks dead, and Ghotlooks like hes having a heart attack and about 60 years old.

Overall its a terrible cover, looks last minute and cheap. I wouldnt even commision it for a mixtape.

Last edited by Ghost In The 'Lac; 07-27-2009 at 10:31 AM.
Ghost In The 'Lac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:32 AM   #13
Mcthuggin99
K.O.D

Mcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
The cover is fucking wack
bro whyd u change the avatar?

and im not expecting a classic album, BUT i am expecting rae to bring the heat.

the cover is dope to me. i wouldnt see the cover to CL2 any other way
Old 07-27-2009, 10:32 AM   #14
Senator C. Palantine
Wobbling Totem Poles

Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I agree with Laced.

Cover is weak.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:39 AM   #15
Thworldisyours
PRODIGAL SUN

Thworldisyours iron monkeyThworldisyours iron monkeyThworldisyours iron monkeyThworldisyours iron monkeyThworldisyours iron monkey

I like it...

But who the fuck cares... ITS A COVER!!!
Thworldisyours is offline   Reply With Quote