news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber > Lyric Interpretation

Old 09-18-2005, 02:02 AM   #1
funky_tooth

funky_tooth grasshopper
Send a message via Yahoo to funky_tooth
Default Gambino Playstaion

Whats the thought on the "keep the gambino playstation in your playpen" lyric? I know what I think but I want to hear y'all's opinion on it.
funky_tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 02:04 AM   #2
chuck430

chuck430 grasshopper
Default Re: Gambino Playstaion

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky_tooth
Whats the thought on the "keep the gambino playstation in your playpen" lyric? I know what I think but I want to hear y'all's opinion on it.
i always thought it was about the Wu Tang video game for the PS. tellin us to keep the game in like we keep their albums in our cd players
chuck430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 02:27 AM   #3
funky_tooth

funky_tooth grasshopper
Send a message via Yahoo to funky_tooth

Here's my thought. Gambino= Gangsters
Gambino Playstation = Gun(s)
Playpen=Crib,House,whatever
Keep the Gambino Playstation in the Playpen= Keep your Gun at Home

Maybe I'm fucked in the nugget though.
funky_tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 04:09 AM   #4
chuck430

chuck430 grasshopper

Quote:

or gambino = wu gambino
playstation = playstaton
playpen = home
chuck430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 05:34 PM   #5
the silencer
king disguised as beggar.

the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i no it wasnt referrin to the Wu video game cuz it came out way after Forever....

i think he just meant wut chuck sed.....kept the Wu gambinos playstation at sum1s crib...
Old 09-19-2005, 08:35 PM   #6
deadlymelody
Wu Vatican

deadlymelody grasshopper

Haha to me he is actually referring to the Sony Playstation, which was blowing up at that time. I believe I got one that first christmas that Forever came out. Now, Gambino just makes it sound cool. It could be some metaphorical shit I don't know.
Old 09-20-2005, 12:47 PM   #7
Jabba Jaw
I KILL PEOPLE

Jabba Jaw grasshopper

Quote:

^^^
that actualy makes a lotta sense to me?

lol@ fucked in the nugget
Jabba Jaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 09:37 AM   #8
mic-cord-strangler
Veteran Member

mic-cord-strangler shaolin monk

hahaha

good topic.. keep these comin
Old 10-20-2005, 08:04 AM   #9
Bungle
Veteran Member

Bungle grasshopper

Quote:

i was thinkin simplisticly, wu keep they playstation at home, but that makes a shitload more sense, especially with it being Wu.
Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 11:54 PM   #10
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

i think he's just saying we got a playstation at the house.

how did you come up with gambino playstation being guns?
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 03:01 PM   #11
Dominus Santorini
Mauling Panda's Rampage

Dominus Santorini crouching tiger
Send a message via ICQ to Dominus Santorini Send a message via AIM to Dominus Santorini Send a message via MSN to Dominus Santorini

For a gambino, a playstation (object of action) is a gun, that's where it comes from. I always thought he meant gun too, like a "Gambinos playstation is gun" type of thought process.

Why would he mention Sony Playstation?
Dominus Santorini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 10:43 AM   #12
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

why not? the wu gambinos have a playstation at the crib. those guys play video games too.

is "gambino playstation" really slang for a rifle. is this from the godfather or scarface or something?
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
Old 03-12-2006, 11:40 AM   #13
Bedlam
Making cream

Bedlam shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to Bedlam

here's a wild thought... Ghostface doesn't care what he says as long as it rhymes... He thought hmm playstation ... playpen... they rhyme. I really don't think Ghostface puts more than 5 minutes into his rhymes. Please stop analyzing Ghost's lyrics, they don't make sense cause he doesnt care if they do.
Old 03-12-2006, 02:03 PM   #14
THE W
ISRAELITE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedlam
here's a wild thought... Ghostface doesn't care what he says as long as it rhymes... He thought hmm playstation ... playpen... they rhyme. I really don't think Ghostface puts more than 5 minutes into his rhymes. Please stop analyzing Ghost's lyrics, they don't make sense cause he doesnt care if they do.
we know this.

i just wanna know where people get "gambino playstation" as meaning a gun from?
Old 03-16-2006, 03:33 AM   #15
NIGHT MAYOR
tha VIKING gawd

NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

pffffftahahahaha this is the first thread i have read in 'lyrical interpretation' im with bedlam on this one, listen to the start of nutmeg, he said it in a interview once that the song doesnt make sence - its just ghost jiberish. and read the manual rza talks about ghost writing his first rhyme for 36 in like 15 minutes. he's mad on another level. ghost is a lyrical genius, "gambino playstation" = "gun" i very much doubt it, good read tho hahah

NIGHT MAYOR is offline   Reply With Quote