news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 08-03-2009, 10:24 AM   #1
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default souljaboy and wayne are more hip hop than you.

if:
you only consume hip hop and don't live the hip hop culture.

what about YOU is hip hop?

wayne and tellem' rap
do you?

can you dance?
are you a dj?
are you a graf artist?

if the answer is "no" kindly shut the fuck up about jeezy, gucci, wayne, soulja boy or anyone else cause you are not hip hop...they are.
Uncle Steezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:29 AM   #2
snapple
i think i'm high

snapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal son

i get what you're saying....

but seriously....

you one of little wayne or soulja boy's workers or something lol..

Realness
snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:34 AM   #3
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

are you saying that you have to participate in hip hop in order to criticize it?

because that's childish...that's like if i say transformers 2 was trash, you respond with "i don't see you making any movies"...it's silly.

i'll agree criticizing somebody on the basis of whether or not they're 'hip hop' is asinine because no one's going to agree on a definition of that, plus it's just a banal critique anyway; it's just a substitute for a valid argument...but i don't need to rap or do anything other than listen to hip hop in order to have the opinion that soulja boy is untalented, his music is shrill, juvenile, generally annoying, and not suitable for anybody over the age of 15.

what are you getting at here?
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:38 AM   #4
snapple
i think i'm high

snapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemic View Post
are you saying that you have to participate in hip hop in order to criticize it?

because that's childish...that's like if i say transformers 2 was trash, you respond with "i don't see you making any movies"...it's silly.

i'll agree criticizing somebody on the basis of whether or not they're 'hip hop' is asinine because no one's going to agree on a definition of that, plus it's just a banal critique anyway; it's just a substitute for a valid argument...but i don't need to rap or do anything other than listen to hip hop in order to have the opinion that soulja boy is untalented, his music is shrill, juvenile, generally annoying, and not suitable for anybody over the age of 15.

^^ yadayadayada "I'm not hiphop" yadayadayada

Realness
snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:42 AM   #5
DrBold241

DrBold241 drunken mastaDrBold241 drunken masta

hip hop has a different meaning for everybody.
for me the music is just poetry over a beat, not necessarily complex. that's what makes unique production and witty lyricism. this is why DOOM, Dilla, and Madlib are HIP HOP to me.
DOOM's mask is nothing short of an inspiration.
DrBold241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:43 AM   #6
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

soulja boy is my biological son.
i'm just sick of people who try to define what hip hop is but only thing hip hop about them is their taste in music.

any real hip hopper will tell you hip hop is a lifestyle.

the most "non hip hop" rapper is more hip hop than the person who has the biggest underground backpack rap collection and can spit every Talib verse backward.

hip hop is about creativity. some of yall don't create shit. you consume.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:45 AM   #7
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^^^ snapple, you're a dumbass incapable of coming up with anything interesting to say

thanks for contributing to the discussion

james, his music's not good
fuck all the hip hop or not bullshit
the music sucks
sorry
Old 08-03-2009, 10:48 AM   #8
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemic View Post

no transformers2 is not a culture. hip hop is.

yes i'm saying you have to participate in hip hop to criticize it. this protects the culture from losing its identity.

and it goes deeper than
mc
dj
bboy
artist

but thats a start.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:51 AM   #9
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

reagardless whether it sucks or not, he's more hip hop than you are.
because you are not hip hop.
you LIKE hip hop but you ARE NOT hip hop.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:51 AM   #10
SHAoLiN LoRD
OLDER G.O.D.

SHAoLiN LoRD iron monkeySHAoLiN LoRD iron monkeySHAoLiN LoRD iron monkeySHAoLiN LoRD iron monkey

The threadstarter must be the same guy posting as wutang killa bee bounty hunter on the thread below:
http://2dopeboyz.okayplayer.com/2009...comment-163948
SHAoLiN LoRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:53 AM   #11
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

^^^i'm sorry but that's bullshit...music either has aesthetic value or it doesn't it...sometimes an outsider can give you a more valid critique than an insider, because they don't have the bias of being firmly entrenched in the culture. somebody from japan may come up with a critique of american society that's on point that none of us have thought of because we live here and just accept certain facets of it as a given.
you're talking about protecting hiphop's identity, but what you're promoting is homogenity...you have to get outsider perspective in order to avoid stagnation and repetition.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:55 AM   #12
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Crow ESQ View Post

yes i'm saying you have to participate in hip hop to criticize it..
As Joe Budden recently learned, it's not nice to criticise your peers. Artists accept critique from fans but they don't take too kindly from those that actively take part in the culture.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:57 AM   #13
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Crow ESQ View Post
reagardless whether it sucks or not, he's more hip hop than you are.
because you are not hip hop.
you LIKE hip hop but you ARE NOT hip hop.
here's the thing:
i know i'm not hip hop
i don't want to be hip hop
i don't care about being being hip hop
and his music is garbage.

quantify or qualify "being hip hop"
it's completely irrelevant to any discussion of a song or album's artistic merit or even simple enjoyability.

gucci mane is hip hop but his music sucks...so i'm supposed to give a shit that he's hip hop? that gives him a pass to make inane garbage music? this is stupid.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:59 AM   #14
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAURO DA GRIM LATIN View Post
As Joe Budden recently learned, it's not nice to criticise your peers. Artists accept critique from fans but they don't take too kindly from those that actively take part in the culture.
exactly
because it's seen as 'hating' or in the interest of competition and not as actual criticism, and then of course, the merit of your art is automatically called into question and it becomes a pissing contest.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:02 AM   #15
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

no.
hip hop is universal.
it encompasses all cultures, ages, religions, languages, musical genres, nationalities.
an "outsider" has nothing to contribute. they are just on the outside.
consuming hip hop is fine. there are plenty of consumers.
but those who live the culture are the ones who define it.

and yes there is a definition of what hip hop is.