news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 08-05-2009, 06:58 AM   #1
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Awaken The Dragon (Enter The Dragon Remake)

Quote:
About two years ago this month, the trades reported that Warner Independent Pictures has set "The Shield" exec producer Kurt Sutter to write and make his feature directing debut on "Awaken the Dragon."

A noir-style remake of "Enter the Dragon," the 1973 martial arts classic that made Bruce Lee a global star, Sutter said he's writing "Awaken the Dragon" as a contemporized drama about a lone FBI agent who pursues a rogue Shaolin monk into the bloody world of underground martial arts fight clubs.

Sutter will look to discover a fight star in the role of the monk and cast an established American actor to play the FBI agent.

Well, guess what? I think they found their fight star.

You know who Warner Bros. is gung ho on playing the Monk?

According to my confirmed sources…

Korean megastar RAIN!

Now I know what got Megan Fox going gaga over him. Apparently WB is also going gaga over RAIN after what he did for them in ultra bloody and badass "
Ninja Assassin."

I just saw "NINJA ASSASSIN" at Comic Con and both Kellvin and I thought RAIN would have been an awesome Storm Shadow in "G.I. JOE: The Rise of Cobra." If Ninja Assassin is any indication, great things are in store for RAIN because his presence is undeniable.

Original film starred Lee as a martial artist who's drafted by law enforcement to participate in a martial arts tournament and infiltrate a drug smuggling operation run from the host's heavily guarded island.

"I'm a huge noir fan, and this plot lends itself to the film I want to make," Sutter said. "I wanted to set it in these underground fight clubs where the action is really raw and expose the brutality of Shaolin Kung fu. This will be more 'Raging Bull' than 'Crouching Tiger' in its viciousness."
God Damn!

Is nothing sacred anymore?

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 08:51 AM   #2
BRONZBODY
Drunk Off Titty Milk!!!!

BRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to BRONZBODY Send a message via MSN to BRONZBODY

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAURO DA GRIM LATIN View Post

God Damn!

Is nothing sacred anymore?
no tauro...its not. see i was cool when jet li wanted to do it a few years ago but he said he would not do it with out linda lee caldwells blessing and he thought it would be kinda disrespectful which i respected. but now this idiot(no disrespect to this rain cat dude is a awesome martial artist) wants to fuck it all up? im not with that at all.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:13 AM   #3
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^^your sig rules

and this sounds different enough from enter the dragon that it shouldn't even be linked to the original in anyway

except that means they would have to be creative as far as positioning and marketing it. oh well....
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:30 PM   #4
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRONZBODY View Post
no tauro...its not. see i was cool when jet li wanted to do it a few years ago but he said he would not do it with out linda lee caldwells blessing and he thought it would be kinda disrespectful which i respected. but now this idiot(no disrespect to this rain cat dude is a awesome martial artist) wants to fuck it all up? im not with that at all.
Jet Li already remade a bruce lee flick and it was a classic, im glad he passed on this one.

Here is the thing, it's not that im against remaking bruce lee flicks, it's just to me that was his crowning achievement and I think that Enter The Dragon serves better as his memorial, a record of what he could do and his impact. Remaking this film kind of diminishes that a bit.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:23 AM   #5
Poetic Wun
Non-Ignorants

Poetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to Poetic Wun

^word the fuck up!
this is rrrrreeeeeeeeeetttttaaaarrrrrdddeeedddddd!!!!
on top of that i fuckin hate noir... why is that the craze these days?
that rain dude looks ill, im jumpin-on-couches-hype for NA but this is just one of them flicks that shouldnt be touched.
how hard would this have been to tweak a few other details and just completely separate it from ETD altogether?

well put Tauro

Last edited by Poetic Wun; 08-07-2009 at 10:35 AM.
Poetic Wun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:24 AM   #6
BRONZBODY
Drunk Off Titty Milk!!!!

BRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to BRONZBODY Send a message via MSN to BRONZBODY

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAURO DA GRIM LATIN View Post
Jet Li already remade a bruce lee flick and it was a classic, im glad he passed on this one.

Here is the thing, it's not that im against remaking bruce lee flicks, it's just to me that was his crowning achievement and I think that Enter The Dragon serves better as his memorial, a record of what he could do and his impact. Remaking this film kind of diminishes that a bit.
exactly!! i agree with this 100%. guys like jet li donnie yen etc have remade alot of bruces flicks execpt ETD. donnie yen was asked about doing a ETD remake and he said everything you said as well.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:16 PM   #7
djskillz
Raggamuffin

djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

What the fuck? Why? Why would they possibly do that?

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted
djskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:33 AM   #8
snapple
i think i'm high

snapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal son

what's rain's best work? not sure if i've seen this guy before....

but yea they really should leave it alone.....

Realness
snapple is offline   Reply With Quote